• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Poll: what should diamonds/emeralds restore?

Poll: what should diamonds/emeralds restore?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Whenever someone right-clicks a diamond or emerald - different things happen. It will either restore mana or stamina. It acts as a "potion". This will provide some necessary things in combat. People will actually carry useful items to get an edge on combat.

Cooldown: 30 seconds
Restore Mana: 20% mana instantly
Restore Stamina: 33% stamina instantly
Combat State: both

Just vote and leave a response if you feel strongly either way.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Hard to say, I hope this turns out to be balanced. Restoring a VERY low amount of mana or stamina. I am sad for the classes who currently have replenish, and now it seems everyone will be able to have a fraction of that spell. Currently if you use a skill in combat that you shouldn't you are pretty much screwing your team or yourself, welcoming yourself or your party to the graveyard. With this new edition, it allows people who make mistakes to fall back on these, a handy-cap for pvp. But...you got my vote.

me19584

Glowing Redstone
I feel as if diamonds should restore mana, and emeralds should restore stamina because... well i guess its because in skyrim magicka is blue and stamina is green. thats it.

Sniped105

Legacy Supporter 3
Personally, I fine diamonds more appropriate to recover mana if this were to be set into motion. I fine emeralds a bit harder to come by ( from the minning I've done ) and diamonds are more "readily" availible. I know more players that have an excess of diamonds than they do emeralds. Restoring stamina would be very helpful for some classes also, so it may not be fair to them to have to find emeralds to restore it if they have a hard time getting them. Again, if you have 10 million stacks of emeralds and claim it is easier to find those over diamonds, I'm only stating what I think ;)
To choose I'd say diamonds for mana, emeralds for stamina

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hard to say, I hope this turns out to be balanced. Restoring a VERY low amount of mana or stamina. I am sad for the classes who currently have replenish, and now it seems everyone will be able to have a fraction of that spell. Currently if you use a skill in combat that you shouldn't you are pretty much screwing your team or yourself, welcoming yourself or your party to the graveyard. With this new edition, it allows people who make mistakes to fall back on these, a handy-cap for pvp. But...you got my vote.
initial stats:
Cooldown: 30 seconds
Restore: 20%

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
Cater specs are already too strong. If a caster runs out of mana they can still sprint full speed, while if a stam based class runs low, they cannot sprint. Diamonds are much more common than emeralds, giving a bigger edge to the caster specs, while holding back the stam classes

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Can't vote without understanding how they'd work.
  • Do you use a skill or key bind, or
  • Do you, say, right click with the diamond/emerald, or
  • Is the restoration auto if you have diamonds/emeralds in your inventory?
With more players carrying diamonds/emeralds, the spoils of PvP will be more attractive! Of course, if you die, you lose all your diamonds/emeralds (assuming you don't get to reclaim your death chest).

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2
Will the restoration be broken when entering combat? For example, you would have to run away and/or hide, consume item, wait for enough mana/stamina then jump back in battle when ready.

Jmandudeguy

Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly adding this will unbalance a lot of classes because of the item's rarity and classes that will use it most often. it has so much return for such a small CD and cost. Whichever gets the diamond will have a big advantage over the emerald.

Zneak

Stone
A lot of people see the color blue as mana because its often blue in other games, so i think mana should be diamond.

But, emerald is much more rare then diamond so im not sure.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Cater specs are already too strong. If a caster runs out of mana they can still sprint full speed, while if a stam based class runs low, they cannot sprint. Diamonds are much more common than emeralds, giving a bigger edge to the caster specs, while holding back the stam classes

Emeralds are pretty common, just trade with villagers, currently they're selling for less than diamonds, even with the relatively low demand for both, though that may change. This would give a use to the merchant class, since the only reason to stay merchant is to trade with villagers.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6

gotta remember most stamina classes have skills that allow them to catch up to sprinting foes, or instead of blowing your stamina all over the place, conserve it and use it wisely.
Emeralds are pretty common, just trade with villagers, currently they're selling for less than diamonds, even with the relatively low demand for both, though that may change. This would give a use to the merchant class, since the only reason to stay merchant is to trade with villagers.
they've got more than that don't they? they can send a stack of dirt to someone and troll them:p

on topic: I think the blue=magicka=diamond, green=stamina=emerald thing is going to win it, only a matter of time.

Jmandudeguy

Legacy Supporter 3
This still isn't fair. This is like a free "meditate" for every class therefore making meditate only useful for the fact that it requires no reagents and gets you max mana and stamina. It is like replenish for wizards, this addition is clearly unbalanced therefore I don't support it. But I understand Kainzo wants to add it so I hope he will reduced the mana and stamina regen, and increase the CD.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
This still isn't fair. This is like a free "meditate" for every class therefore making meditate only useful for the fact that it requires no reagents and gets you max mana and stamina. It is like replenish for wizards, this addition is clearly unbalanced therefore I don't support it. But I understand Kainzo wants to add it so I hope he will reduced the mana and stamina regen, and increase the CD.

I agree with you on the balance concerns, and that it is a relative nerf to classes with energize, replenish and meditate. I was just pointing out that emeralds are actually more common than people think. I've got too many right now, though I also have too many diamonds, but at least I can try to find a use for those

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Diamonds for mana means the casters could happily throw them away since they have no other use for them. Also this change will buttfuck balance in so many ways. Also I can see lots of newer players losing their diamonds or emeralds by accidentally right clicking with them. Also 90% of the time non-necro casters never have to even think about their mana because fights end before it becomes an issue.

Zneak

Stone
Will this have a little bit of cool-down? Or rich people would just spam it.