• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Poll: what should diamonds/emeralds restore?

Poll: what should diamonds/emeralds restore?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I like how all the people who disliked my post are mana based classes. They just want even more of an edge. It's pathetic how easy caster classes are. My first time playing any caster spec, beguiler, I absolutely destroyed everyone I dueled. Beguilers also already use diamonds for teleport. So bassically your just buffing casters.

It's not helpful to attack people in this kind of thread, it just makes it more of a flame war.
I disagree with you because there are tons of emeralds, and they're even easier to get than diamonds if you have villagers, which isn't particularly hard. While I have concerns about balance, you're simply wrong when it comes to rarity.
As a merchant, I've been buying diamonds at 3c and emeralds at 2c, and I've only gotten about 6 stacks of diamonds, whereas people have sold me approximately 30 stacks of emeralds at a lower price.

Emeralds are less rare than diamonds on the server, you just can't expect to mine for them. Whoever has emeralds gets the better end of the deal

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Emeralds are less rare than diamonds on the server, you just can't expect to mine for them. Whoever has emeralds gets the better end of the deal
Unless you're a Merchant, not really. Most people would have much more diamonds as diamonds are easier to get trough mining.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
It's not helpful to attack people in this kind of thread, it just makes it more of a flame war.
I disagree with you because there are tons of emeralds, and they're even easier to get than diamonds if you have villagers, which isn't particularly hard. While I have concerns about balance, you're simply wrong when it comes to rarity.
As a merchant, I've been buying diamonds at 3c and emeralds at 2c, and I've only gotten about 6 stacks of diamonds, whereas people have sold me approximately 30 stacks of emeralds at a lower price.

No emeralds aren't less rare they just aren't as high in demand, no one needs emeralds to make tools or weapons. Yes it is true that if you're a merchant it might be easier to get emeralds but that's just one crafter spec. Caster classes don't use diamonds as much for PvP purposes as warrior classes, so they most likely have an abundance to use to restore mana whenever this comes out, giving an unnecessary edge to the caster classes.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Unless you're a Merchant, not really. Most people would have much more diamonds as diamonds are easier to get trough mining.

People will be able to buy emeralds is my point, and since 18 wheat = 1 emerald, I don't think they'll be particularly expensive.

There's no reason for merchants to stay merchants, I'm currently an enchanter, since I've made my shops, and I have no reason to change. Nor is there any incentive to make large amounts of emeralds, since they're easy to make, but extraordinarily tedious.

It would also give an incentive for merchants to buy things that new players might have, like wheat or coal, or wool and raw meat from farmers.

It makes for a more complex economy, and a way for people to spend all the ridiculous amounts of resources you build up.

No emeralds aren't less rare they just aren't as high in demand, no one needs emeralds to make tools or weapons. Yes it is true that if you're a merchant it might be easier to get emeralds but that's just one crafter spec. Caster classes don't use diamonds as much for PvP purposes as warrior classes, so they most likely have an abundance to use to restore mana whenever this comes out, giving an unnecessary edge to the caster classes.

Merchants can easily meet the increased demand, by trading wool, wheat, raw beef, coal, or raw pork for emeralds. These are not expensive materials.

While casters might currently have a slight excess of diamonds. There's a huge glut of emeralds on the market, which no one knows what to do with (a stack of blocks sold to me... for 2c/emerald). So if you really don't want to buy them for relatively cheap off the market (prolly about 2x the price of a health pot and cheaper than a diamond, switch to merchant and get them for yourself.

This actually helps healers more than casters in any case, more than casters, since now they have even greater sustain, where their health pools.

If you guys are so sure you can't find emeralds, I'll be happy to sell you some.

Keep in mind I have balance concerns as well, but I think overall this a good move for the economy, and people are wrong about the rarity of emeralds.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
People will be able to buy emeralds is my point, and since 18 wheat = 1 emerald, I don't think they'll be particularly expensive.

There's no reason for merchants to stay merchants, I'm currently an enchanter, since I've made my shops, and I have no reason to change. Nor is there any incentive to make large amounts of emeralds, since they're easy to make, but extraordinarily tedious.

It would also give an incentive for merchants to buy things that new players might have, like wheat or coal, or wool and raw meat from farmers.

It makes for a more complex economy, and a way for people to spend all the ridiculous amounts of resources you build up.

Merchants can easily meet the increased demand, by trading wool, wheat, raw beef, coal, or raw pork for emeralds. These are not expensive materials.

While casters might currently have a slight excess of diamonds. There's a huge glut of emeralds on the market, which no one knows what to do with (a stack of blocks sold to me... for 2c/emerald). So if you really don't want to buy them for relatively cheap off the market (prolly about 2x the price of a health pot and cheaper than a diamond, switch to merchant and get them for yourself.

This actually helps healers more than casters in any case, more than casters, since now they have even greater sustain, where their health pools.

If you guys are so sure you can't find emeralds, I'll be happy to sell you some.

Keep in mind I have balance concerns as well, but I think overall this a good move for the economy, and people are wrong about the rarity of emeralds.
Only merchants will have access to them, and you're saying if I don't have a merchant, I'm at a disadvantage? Makes sense.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Only merchants will have access to them, and you're saying if I don't have a merchant, I'm at a disadvantage? Makes sense.

Only alchemists have access to potions, only smiths and alchemists have access to chain armor, only enchanters have access to enchanted gear, only farmers have access to leather.

Damn I didn't realize how much of a disadvantage I was at already