• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Poll: what should diamonds/emeralds restore?

Poll: what should diamonds/emeralds restore?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Maybe not emeralds to stam.
May be two gold bars or one
Or even ten iron bars.
So stam. Based class can get advantage over caster, by the rarity and can be balanced.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Stamina classes already spend so much on gear, so why should they have to use another rare item to regen tiny 20% stam. 20% is 2 food bars, it's not even enough to sprint or use any skills. And i'm a master wiz so i'm not a stamina user who's complaining, I just find it stupid that stamina classes have to spend even more rares for a tiny buff.

20% regen as a wiz is like 45 mana or something. That's SEVERAL skills for one diamond while stam users gets less then one skill and not enough to even sprint. So unbalanced.

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
Stamina classes already spend so much on gear, so why should they have to use another rare item to regen tiny 20% stam. 20% is 2 food bars, it's not even enough to sprint or use any skills. And i'm a master wiz so i'm not a stamina user who's complaining, I just find it stupid that stamina classes have to spend even more rares for a tiny buff.

20% regen as a wiz is like 45 mana or something. That's SEVERAL skills for one diamond while stam users gets less then one skill and not enough to even sprint. So unbalanced.
That's why I say use iron or gold instead of emerald.
A second thought maybe coal will do too, I dunno.

macura

Diamond
I personally think that 20% on both sides is not an even trade off. 20% for a spec that uses stamina is only 4 stamina (2 bars) which would only cover a very few skills that a stamina using spec has. While 20% mana for a caster spec can allow them to use 2-3 skills. I think that the restoration should be 30-40%. This would still only cover possibly 1 skill but i don't think that anything higher than this is necessary because unlike casters all stamina that is used results in damage, other than mobility skills

Another possible solution would be to raise the % slightly and lower the cd for the restoration of stamina. The reason this might be even more necessary than my previous suggestion is due to the fact that stamina and mana do not work in the same way. Mana is a pool, it regenerates slower than stamina but there is a very large amount of it. Stamina works more like a steady stream, it regenerates fast but there is not much of it and it is used very rapidly. The restoration in my mind should be based far less on % but instead the rate of restoration. It takes a lot of time to regenerate mana, this is intended to act as the second side of the double edged sword in order to promote smart rationing of mana. I am not saying that because it takes x amount of seconds to restore y amount of mana that this should restore the equivalent amount of stamina that would regenerate in that time period. I am saying that the capacities and regeneration rates should be taken into account. This might be a better fox than a higher amount of stamina being restored because of the low capacity of stamina. Mana is a large pool so large amounts of it can be fill at one time, stamina works as a steady supply so this skills should mimic this behavior.

Overall i believe that this skill does not provide an equivelant or fair amount of stamina relative to the amount of mana it regenerates. Kind of started rambling halfway through the second paragraph, however i do not have time currently to go back and make it a nicely worded essay.

Please respond/rate with your opinions on why you agree/disagree with what i have said.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Diamonds for Mana because I always imagined mana as a blue power inside you, and Emeralds for Stamina, as things like the Stamina berries in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword are green. And about the balance, what about making the Emerald restore 50% of Stamina, as Stamina runs out much faster than Mana, and you still need Stamina for sprinting. So you could pretty much save the Emerald in a fight for when your enemy starts trying to escape, so you could quickly use the Emerald and chase with sprinting, while your whole stamina regens. Diamond could maybe regenerate 20 mana instead of 20%, as that is enough for a few spells, but you would still have to watch after your mana for a bit. And about the "Emeralds are harder to get" part, maybe this could made Merchants have a new trade item that is useful, and boost the economy a bit.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Could it be programed to restore Mana for casters and stamina for melee classes ? So both would enjoy a diamond or emerald ? And if 20% allows a caster 2-3 spells and maybe 1 skill for melee, maybe restore more stamina ?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I initial set the numbers wrong for stamina. It was restoring 8/20 stam not 4/20. I think 7 to 8 stam is the right number.
I've updated the first post to reflect this.

Could it be programed to restore Mana for casters and stamina for melee classes ? So both would enjoy a diamond or emerald ? And if 20% allows a caster 2-3 spells and maybe 1 skill for melee, maybe restore more stamina ?
yes, most things are possible but that's not the intent of this feature. Some classes use both anyways (Hybrids).

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
I initial set the numbers wrong for stamina. It was restoring 8/20 stam not 4/20. I think 7 to 8 stam is the right number.
I've updated the first post to reflect this.

At this point in the map Diamonds and Emeralds are easy to come by so it really doesn't matter - although the demand is slightly higher for diamonds as you make diamond equipment. The only time this will really matter is early maps when the resources are not so plentiful.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I completely disagree with the premise of having either diamonds or emeralds restore anything. I don't see how this is filling any niche in the current PvP system. I also don't see how either gem fits into this role from a lore perspective.

I'm aware that there is no "neither" choice, so I will abstain from voting.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I can see lots of problems with right clicking to use it. Well.. I say problems but let's rephrase it to human error, what happens if someone attempts to open a chest? or acidently right click while mining? or right click a villager with an emerald while attempting to trade?

I'd like to see these as crafter skills e.g. /skill consume and /skill breathefast (dont ask me)

Although I don't really like the idea as it is... I mean wasn't there a reason you removed /skill consume in the first place?..

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
maybe instead of restoring the stamina or mana, make it so it increases regen, like wisdom does, only a little bit less or something. for stamina, icrease the rate it regens, like make it so it's as if you're always standing still, even if you're sprinting. may these buffs only last 10 second or so. also, gotta remember stamina regens faster than mana does by default...

thomasyeung9999

Soulsand
maybe instead of restoring the stamina or mana, make it so it increases regen, like wisdom does, only a little bit less or something. for stamina, icrease the rate it regens, like make it so it's as if you're always standing still, even if you're sprinting. may these buffs only last 10 second or so. also, gotta remember stamina regens faster than mana does by default...
Make it regen during a battle 50% More would be good. And
Maybe not emeralds to stam.
May be two gold bars or one
Or even ten iron bars.
So stam. Based class can get advantage over caster, by the rarity and can be balanced.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Diamonds for stamina, low return value. Helps melee classes maintain sprint.

Emeralds return mana, medium return value ~20%. Allows for more skill shot attempts, would require nukes to be balanced around cd.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
This would just completely make the server unbalanced, most caster classes hardly use diamonds anyways compared to the melee classes.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
This would just completely make the server unbalanced, most caster classes hardly use diamonds anyways compared to the melee classes.
which would make them use it more, giving them reason to use the materials like warriors use their heavy armor

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
which would make them use it more, giving them reason to use the materials like warriors use their heavy armor
That's not my point, the point is they have an abundance of diamonds and they don't really need diamonds for weapons or armor. Emeralds are much more rare so whatever class gets them will be very underpowered