• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Poll: what should diamonds/emeralds restore?

Poll: what should diamonds/emeralds restore?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

what777

Max Legacy Supporter
I like my blue and green designations like Skyrim.

Diamond = Mana
Emerald = Stamina

Maybe, but Emeralds are way rarer than diamonds and stamina goes away much faster, it seems to me like Stamina should be easier to regenerate.

For example I have around 17stacks of diamonds and only 16 emeralds(not stacks)

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
And on the note of right clicking to eat them, that makes no sense, it would just be better to have a skill like /skill staminapotion or /skill manapotion

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!
This would be a real blow to warriors except the pallys. Think about it. A wizard can own any warrior class if it can kite well. A wizard with a large supply of diamonds at its side is very OP. Especially since they already have replenish. Maybe you should restrict the potion to only classes without replenish or energize or whatever. Please reconsider the emerald idea though. They are too expensive for how little they actually give.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Maybe, but Emeralds are way rarer than diamonds and stamina goes away much faster, it seems to me like Stamina should be easier to regenerate.

For example I have around 17stacks of diamonds and only 16 emeralds(not stacks)
I think that depends on what class you play as.
As a Wizard I don't think I'd go through much Stamina.
I could understand a warrior making your case though! ;)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Too many people caught up with the "Blue=mana" BS. We have to think balance, and 20% mana is much more then 8 stam, so obviously mana should have a higher cost (Emerald). Remember that with less then 30 stam, they can't sprint and all skills (except Goon's strike) cost more then 30% stam.

Grandsoulking

Legacy Supporter 6
It is true that emeralds are something rare to come by but do not foregt the fact that while a caster regens mana every 5 sec a stamina based class can restore 2 times that amount because the stamina regen is so high

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Remember that two skills makes you unable to sprint and while you sprint, stam regens super-slow.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Stam goes away much faster than mana and if you use too much you can't sprint. Mana goes away much slower and you have more of it. I would love to see something like you get 0.2 extra stamina per level(Getting stronger). You wouldn't have to adjust the food bar you would just have to adjust how much the skills use and maybe add a stam bar in the heromod.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
And on the note of right clicking to eat them, that makes no sense, it would just be better to have a skill like /skill staminapotion or /skill manapotion
We're not interested in adding yet another keybind - this should be something that takes time to do and cant be automated. Want the restore? Push 9 then right-click :p

The stamina restore amount has been raised significantly. It is testable on the test server; test.hc.to

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
We're not interested in adding yet another keybind - this should be something that takes time to do and cant be automated. Want the restore? Push 9 then right-click :p

The stamina restore amount has been raised significantly. It is testable on the test server; test.hc.to
That's another advantage for mana users though, they don't have to use a main weapon, so switching to the diamond in their hotbar won't be a problem while stamina users have to ditch their main weapon and 1-2 hits to use it. This change is helping mana users way more then stamina users, so diamonds which is the more common item should be used for stamina.

Or have diamond give a lesser amount of stam and mana while emeralds gives a greater amount of mana and stam (Works for both mana and stam so there won't be any unbalance)

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
It would be like a level 60 wizard with 100 mana. After a few skills they would run out. Why can't warriors a increasing stamina?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Not interested in doing both in one at this time.
Then you should make stamina diamonds as stamina is not worth as much as mana (I'm a lvl 60 wizard and I still have tons of mana after spamming several bolts, fireballs, fireblast, megabolts etc. While a samurai would be out of stamina after one bleed and Windwalk, they wouldn't even be able to sprint)

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!
Then you should make stamina diamonds as stamina is not worth as much as mana (I'm a lvl 60 wizard and I still have tons of mana after spamming several bolts, fireballs, fireblast, megabolts etc. While a samurai would be out of stamina after one bleed and Windwalk, they wouldn't even be able to sprint)

Well said. I think that depending on your class, diamond should refill stamina OR mana weakly while emerald maxes you out.

Kwong050

Holy Shit!

Im not too sure if you have ever tried pvping on your server (I would like to see the upper staff members do it :p), but convenience>saving time when it comes to doing these kind of things.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
I like how all the people who disliked my post are mana based classes. They just want even more of an edge. It's pathetic how easy caster classes are. My first time playing any caster spec, beguiler, I absolutely destroyed everyone I dueled. Beguilers also already use diamonds for teleport. So bassically your just buffing casters.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The real problem is balance. Most people are like ''hurr durr mana is BLUE and diamonds are BLUE so mana has to be diamonds huehuehue'' instead of thinking balance. I as a mana user will never ever run out of mana, if I can use a diamond to regen 20% of it every 30 sec.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Im not too sure if you have ever tried pvping on your server (I would like to see the upper staff members do it :p), but convenience>saving time when it comes to doing these kind of things.
Has nothing to do what we are discussing - keep on topic.

There will not be a keybind for the emerald/diamond use.