• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mystics are underpowered.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
In my opinion, you're pushing a broad topic here. This is not the case. For Mystics, we can only truly beat Wizards. MAYBE a select few Beguilers. Mystics cannot outheal Necromancers. Don't know about Pyromancers.

Also, realistically, you won't find Mystics (and healers) 1v1ing people in world PvP. I can't emphasize how often impractical dueling is for measurements of class balance.
You've played Mystic longer than me but I do think we can outheal necro, they have DoTs which we can counter with rejuv and a lot of bandages, just keeps spamming bandage untill he's manaless but pyros destroy mystic. Silence and withering slow with spell and high melee kinda pwns us :'(

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
You my friend, are a terrible pvp'er. If you truly believe that a wizard can defeat a mystic you really need to 1v1 me, also if you believe you can kill a level 60 ninja? You must be fighting bad people.
They are just Afk
I have never seen Bob kill someone

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Why do you hate me??? I've never done anything to you and now you go disagree to every post I make what's with that?
Disagree rating isnt about hating a person, its about having a different opinion than what is said in the post. For example, if you post "I think class X has too much Y", using the Disagree rating would mean the person doesnt agree. This is something a lot of people (including me) need to learn.
Edit: I might have said my point in a wrong way, but I meant that Johnbaur just disagreed with your posts.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Disagree rating isnt about hating a person, its about having a different opinion than what is said in the post. For example, if you post "I think class X has too much Y", using the Disagree rating would mean the person doesnt agree. This is something a lot of people (including me) need to learn.
Edit: I might have said my point in a wrong way, but I meant that Johnbaur just disagreed with your posts.
Multi is right Bob. There is a difference between hating someone and disagreeing with their opinion.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Multi is right Bob. There is a difference between hating someone and disagreeing with their opinion.
I'm not talking specifically about the disagrees he's been being mean to me In-game for no reason. He was my friend then he just completly ignores me and tells me to shutup. Any way all of this is really off topic and I think we need to stop bogging this thread down with junk

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Why do you hate me??? I've never done anything to you and now you go disagree to every post I make what's with that?
I don't hate you and I never told you to shut up? I just don't respond to you because Im tired of getting messaged as soon as I get online or say something in public chat.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I think mystics are alright. I like the HoT because you can easily heal while kiting without getting slowed down. I don't think it is anywhere near the best class though. They get great at level 60 with bolt and I think that it should be lowered to level 45, And camouflage be its level 60 skill.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
Okay this thread is generally pissing me off as there are barely any facts here.

I haven't had much experiance as a mystic but I managed to level to 16, as a level 16 mystic I was able to kite and spam bandage without going under 70% mana in any fight. At that level bandage costed 5% mana, with a 1 sec CD, 1.5 sec WU. This is already slightly overpowered but then also take into consideration getting 7% mana back every 5 seconds.

With the simple tactic of kiting and spamming bandage, I could kill people without even using smite and just "Poking" (league term :3) with my basic attack (19 per hit) with this I killed wizards, bard (he was bad), DK, beguiler, necro and a few I probs don't remember.

Mystic is a good SINGLE target healer and self healer but it suffers greatly in team fights and the mana cost for rejuv is to high imo, I can use 20% mana on a 210hp heal over 20 seconds OR use bandage 4 times and gain 400(ish)hp practicly instantly?. Personally I would like to see bandage nerfed and the other aspects of the class increased (Group fight-ability, DoT heals). I think 'support' classes in herocraft are barely support classes a support shouldn't be able to kill anyone. They should just be highly sought after for help in team fights.

Things mystic can do-
Tank a bard
Tank a DK
Tank a wizard
Tank a necro
Tank a beguiler (if it's not drew)
Tank a cleric and a wizard at the same times

all at level 16 :)
Thats just cus judge is op in all the classes he plays. Sadly Im not good at anything besides samurai :(

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
Oh please stop going back and forth about who can beat who! If you feel that mystic is overpowered, by all means, make a suggestion and the balance team will look into the matter. This thread is about buffing the support side of mystic, not the offensive side. I understand that a lot of you appose this idea and some of your points such as bandage only costing 5 mana is a good point, it will be talked about within the balance team.

Like many people have already said, mystic cannot heal a group of people efficiently in a group fight. If another skill was added, this problem would be fixed. I was thinking of this, have healingbloom a prolonged HoT and then add another HoT but have it much quicker and probably less of a heal. Perhaps this next group HoT can be made so it can only be used when there are three players in a party. This is only a suggestion/idea.