• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mystics are underpowered.

Mystics are desperately in need of a buff. They are considered a weaker Cleric. Their healing abilities are only useful for single targets only, and could never keep a whole group alive. Their offense isn't great either. This is apparent because their max level skill is Bolt (Unlocked at level 35 for Wizard). Sure they have Port, Gills, Invigorate, etc, but those are no match to the other Healer sub-classes' skills. My whole point is that they need a new skill. A bubble skill possibly? This is what I suggest:

Sacred Aegis: You place a protective shield over your target or yourself for 10 seconds (within 15 blocks).
[The amount of damage per hit varies depending on the level of the target it is effecting.]

Level: 15

MP: 20

Cooldown: 15 seconds per target.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
Full invuln for 2/3 of the time at 20 MP at level 15 without a reagent cost?
Do you have any idea how broken this is?

That being said, a magic shield that absorbs a set amount of damage would be a more reasonable option. Is that possible to code Sleaker? Though the framework might not be there currently.

EDIT: Maybe you're suggesting something like a single target conviction for mystic, but when they kite around, mystics are really hard to kill, because they just HoT your damage.

I didn't take the full invuln idea into thought. That would make the shield quite overpowered. I'm just trying to suggest a possible buff for the Mystic class and I thought a shield would fit nicely; lore wise.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Instead of a heal I think they need another damage skill. Not too much damage, but maybe a skill shot that does 125.

Nature's Wrath: The caster is one with nature, coming to his aid the thorns are thrown towards his enemy dealing a 125 damage.( dont think this is codable, but if possible when the Mystic is on sand it temp blinds the target with sand instead of thorns and maybe theyre could be a differnt effect for the surroundings . Learned at at lvl 25

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
You realize how long it can take to kill a mystic?
It's hard for Wizards and a SELECT few other classes. We almost never have the upper hand in a fight. In group fights we even suck (which isn't even intended). The only thing we're good for is single target heals, but we don't even have enough damage output or mana to compensate. We could function at best in a duo with a warrior, but other than that I don't see how that would pan out.

Mystics do need a change. A new skill may be it, or a general buff. It's a shame that they get their three BEST skills by far (Chant, Replenish, and Bolt) at 51, 55, and 60 respectively. I've requested a change in skill gaining through the levels in the Balance team, but it's been largely overlooked.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
I had a debate with the only few mystics on this server about the current standard of Mystics. It's a wall of text but it can be found here:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/healer-buffs.34590/

Mystics do need a change, but I don't think they need a invuln or any sort of absorb like you are requesting. Also I would refrain from using the term "Underpowered." I would move this thread to the suggestion forums under the title "Mystic Needs Rework", or something along those lines.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
It's hard for Wizards and a SELECT few other classes. We almost never have the upper hand in a fight. In group fights we even suck (which isn't even intended). The only thing we're good for is single target heals, but we don't even have enough damage output or mana to compensate. We could function at best in a duo with a warrior, but other than that I don't see how that would pan out.

Mystics do need a change. A new skill may be it, or a general buff. It's a shame that they get their three BEST skills by far (Chant, Replenish, and Bolt) at 51, 55, and 60 respectively. I've requested a change in skill gaining through the levels in the Balance team, but it's been largely overlooked.

Sad its being overlooked for a class that is barely played. Not sure who is over there on the Balance team but they need to step it up! lol.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
I had a debate with the only few mystics on this server about the current standard of Mystics. It's a wall of text but it can be found here:
http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/healer-buffs.34590/

Mystics do need a change, but I don't think they need a invuln or any sort of absorb like you are requesting. Also I would refrain from using the term "Underpowered." I would move this thread to the suggestion forums under the title "Mystic Needs Rework", or something along those lines.
Agreed, would somone specifically you Jake^ make a new post in suggestions with some ideas? I know your a master mystic but i would be glad to coordinate some ideas with you.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Agreed, would somone specifically you Jake^ make a new post in suggestions with some ideas? I know your a master mystic but i would be glad to coordinate some ideas with you.

I've posted ideas, however they are not being taken in. The conversation I had in that thread explains all that is needed to require the balance team to rethink the Mystic class but like I said...and like leftovers said....they are largely overlooking it. Not sure who is the leader of the balance team....but get on this.

Pies207

Legacy Supporter 4
I've posted ideas, however they are not being taken in. The conversation I had in that thread explains all that is needed to require the balance team to rethink the Mystic class but like I said...and like leftovers said....they are largely overlooking it. Not sure who is the leader of the balance team....but get on this.
As i've learned, wall of convos or sensible posts isn't the way to go when it comes to the balance team. It comes down to pretty colored suggestion posts with lots of agrees, so i say we do this. ^

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
As i've learned, wall of convos or sensible posts isn't the way to go when it comes to the balance team. It comes down to pretty colored suggestion posts with lots of agrees, so i say we do this. ^

Eh I've had plenty of agrees, many creative, many likes"1" thread alone and nothing happened. Just doesn't float that way. You are more then welcome to make a thread if you want, and I'll post input maybe...but nothing will be done.

Licksterboy

Legacy Supporter 3
If mystics were just to have a skill rework the class would be better, like leftovers said, they get their 3 best skills at very high levels. (I'll put together my own view of their skill line-up and see what everyone thinks.) Along with that, I keep wanting to stress the idea of another group HoT skill.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Mystics still dump on the casters pretty easily and they do a great job at healing {if you aren't a fucking retard (99% of healers on this server) and actually bind skills} in group situations. They are fine as a class, just underwhelming when compared to the other healers (except bloodmage cuz they be weird). In a 2v2 scenario, if I was a samurai or some other high melee damage class and had to choose between any warrior rogue caster or mystic as a partner, I would choose mystic 90% of the time (provided he isn't retarded).

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Mystics are godmode against casters. Pray heals up one bolt pretty much and their smite + bolt RAPES. Being a weaker Cleric doesn't mean your class is bad, because clerics are OP.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Mystics are godmode against casters. Pray heals up one bolt pretty much and their smite + bolt RAPES. Being a weaker Cleric doesn't mean your class is bad, because clerics are OP.
Clerics are not op. If they were they would have been changed by the wonderful staff here at herocraft, and what your inferring is that cleric is better so why not go cleric if its better???? What's your reason for going Mystic if you could just go Cleric which is apparentally just a "OP" version of it.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Clerics are not op. If they were they would have been changed by the wonderful staff here at herocraft, and what your inferring is that cleric is better so why not go cleric if its better???? What's your reason for going Mystic if you could just go Cleric which is apparentally just a better version of it.
It was the OP (Original post) who stated "mystic is a weaker cleric". Read the thread before coming with a stupid statement like that. And are you seriously trying to say that nothing can be OP because of HC staff? Did you join HC 10 min ago or something?

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
It was the OP (Original post) who stated "mystic is a weaker cleric". Read the thread before coming with a stupid statement like that. And are you seriously trying to say that nothing can be OP because of HC staff? Did you join HC 10 min ago or something?
Yes, but what your saying us that mystic shouldn't get a change because it is a good class while this whole thread isn't about comparing it to Cleric. It's about making mystic able to stand up to the other classes and I said Clerics are not op because I have seen multiple other threads saying that, and the staff never changed it. I'm sure they would have addressed clerics so called opness after seeing these other threads