• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Mystics are underpowered.

Danielcan

Legacy Supporter 4
I'm not the one losing to a low level Mystic >.<

Kid you need to learn something , healer classes does not need buff or nerf , right now they are balanced.

PS: You are the one who i have never seen a death message.
Don't talk me with your pvp.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Kid you need to learn something , healer classes does not need buff or nerf , right now they are balanced.

PS: You are the one who i have never seen a death message.
Don't talk me with your pvp.
I agree healers of all shapes as sizes are perfectly balanced. I'm just on a 10 hour drive home and was bored so I needed something to entertain me and this thread did just that! :D

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
I never see you PvP except when you kill low level newbies like Thakoshow and Sezes.
I saw Thako walking into his newly claimed house and was going to say hi to my new neighbor. He then being a wizard threw a fire and ice ball at me so I killed him . And sezes came into my mine shooting arrows at me so I killed him. I helped him afterwards. This is WAYYYYYY off topic so lets take this to pm or somewhere else if we are to continue

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
All healers are OP against Casters which is stupid. Why the hell should a support best a Mage?

Healers do not die against casters and smite adds up tons of damage. What class are you even Bob? Have you tried being a wizard killing a Mystic or cleric (or disc for that matter) who knows how to use keybinds? Killing healers is impossible as a caster, not as a warrior, rogue or healer. Why? Because casters can't keep a constant damage as we rely on skills.

No matter where you go, healers will always beat a caster. Its a drawn out fight, you run around a healer...damaging every now and then. Once the caster runs oom, you go on the offense. Please stop de-railing this thread, once again this is comparing a Mystic who is the "2nd" healing class in the healer path, to the Cleric. Why a cleric is always chosen over a Mystic for tournaments. Mystics need a tweek in healing, if that sacrifices a bit of damage off of bolt, so be it. I find myself in group fights struggling even though I'm at my best because I don'thave a mass group heal or Invuln to fall back on, and ontop of that I don't have the armor to put myself in some positions to heal. How many Mystics do you see in tournaments? None. Now once you've mastered a Mystic, come back and speak. Oh wait...there are only 4 mastered Mystics in herocraft....wonder why? Anyways this thread has be de-railed so much, I am done here.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
No matter where you go, healers will always beat a caster. Its a drawn out fight, you run around a healer...damaging every now and then. Once the caster runs oom, you go on the offense. Please stop de-railing this thread, once again this is comparing a Mystic who is the "2nd" healing class in the healer path, to the Cleric. Why a cleric is always chosen over a Mystic for tournaments. Mystics need a tweek in healing, if that sacrifices a bit of damage off of bolt, so be it. I find myself in group fights struggling even though I'm at my best because I don'thave a mass group heal or Invuln to fall back on, and ontop of that I don't have the armor to put myself in some positions to heal. How many Mystics do you see in tournaments? None. Now once you've mastered a Mystic, come back and speak. Oh wait...there are only 4 mastered Mystics in herocraft....wonder why? Anyways this thread has be de-railed so much, I am done here.
Only 4 masters on HC???? It was the most played class a few updates ago and wherever you went there was a lvl 60 mystic nuisance waiting to rejevunate you to death.

You say "Healer beats caster ofc", but why? Why the hell does a support destroy mages so utterly? It doesn't make sense that supports beat mages...

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
Okay this thread is generally pissing me off as there are barely any facts here.

I haven't had much experiance as a mystic but I managed to level to 16, as a level 16 mystic I was able to kite and spam bandage without going under 70% mana in any fight. At that level bandage costed 5% mana, with a 1 sec CD, 1.5 sec WU. This is already slightly overpowered but then also take into consideration getting 7% mana back every 5 seconds.

With the simple tactic of kiting and spamming bandage, I could kill people without even using smite and just "Poking" (league term :3) with my basic attack (19 per hit) with this I killed wizards, bard (he was bad), DK, beguiler, necro and a few I probs don't remember.

Mystic is a good SINGLE target healer and self healer but it suffers greatly in team fights and the mana cost for rejuv is to high imo, I can use 20% mana on a 210hp heal over 20 seconds OR use bandage 4 times and gain 400(ish)hp practicly instantly?. Personally I would like to see bandage nerfed and the other aspects of the class increased (Group fight-ability, DoT heals). I think 'support' classes in herocraft are barely support classes a support shouldn't be able to kill anyone. They should just be highly sought after for help in team fights.

Things mystic can do-
Tank a bard
Tank a DK
Tank a wizard
Tank a necro
Tank a beguiler (if it's not drew)
Tank a cleric and a wizard at the same times

all at level 16 :)

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
So u haven't played a healer spec meaning u dont have a view from both sides of the story. Don't judge a class as op unless you've played it. I'd love to talk more after you've tried mystic yourself,and if this conversation must go one let's take it to pm because we're getting off topic and Im sure the community is tired of this.:p
You my friend, are a terrible pvp'er. If you truly believe that a wizard can defeat a mystic you really need to 1v1 me, also if you believe you can kill a level 60 ninja? You must be fighting bad people.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
You my friend, are a terrible pvp'er. If you truly believe that a wizard can defeat a mystic you really need to 1v1 me, also if you believe you can kill a level 60 ninja? You must be fighting bad people.
I personally believe anything can kill anything if you play your cards right. I know I'm a terriable wizard, but they're are maybe two good wizards on this server one of them being alexhoff1 and the other being cant remember the name starts with a S and possibly monkeyfatzer

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I personally believe anything can kill anything if you play your cards right. I know I'm a terriable wizard, but they're are maybe two good wizards on this server one of them being alexhoff1 and the other being cant remember the name starts with a S and possibly monkeyfatzer
Ok hypocrite. You said I was a terrible wiz, however in the few encounters i've met Alexhoff, I've won 2 out of 4 times and all 4 were on fair ground (Except the last one I won, he caught me unaware outside Pietro's region, but I somehow managed to win)

And as Judge has stated, a wizard can't beat a Mystic unless the enemy mystic is absolutely terrible.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok hypocrite. You said I was a terrible wiz, however in the few encounters i've met Alexhoff, I've won 2 out of 4 times and all 4 were on fair ground (Except the last one I won, he caught me unaware outside Pietro's region, but I somehow managed to win)

And as Judge has stated, a wizard can't beat a Mystic unless the enemy mystic is absolutely terrible.
I didn't say you were terrible just said your not one of the best/good wizards on herocraft, and Im tired of getting off topic on this thread so Im removing my hand. Had fun talking :)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I didn't say you were terrible just said your not one of the best/good wizards on herocraft, and Im tired of getting off topic on this thread so Im removing my hand. Had fun talking :)
Ok, so I'm not a good wizard but I have a 50% win ratio against the (according to you) best wiz on HC. Makes sense.

Or could it be that a wiz losing to a mystic DO NOT mean that the wiz is bad, but that mystic is just too much of a counter-class?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
All healers are OP against Casters which is stupid.
In my opinion, you're pushing a broad topic here. This is not the case. For Mystics, we can only truly beat Wizards. MAYBE a select few Beguilers. Mystics cannot outheal Necromancers. Don't know about Pyromancers.

Also, realistically, you won't find Mystics (and healers) 1v1ing people in world PvP. I can't emphasize how often impractical dueling is for measurements of class balance.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
You say "Healer beats caster ofc", but why? It doesn't make sense that supports beat mages...
Here, I'll explain.

Casters have high skill burst, but they cannot have Burst-to-Zero-hp using skill burst, that would be unbalanced. Therefore, in any fight against a healer who is healing themselves, the enemy will not die in a single burst, they will need to be finished with skill shots. Even Caster's melee has its place in rare circumstances.

HOWEVER.

Caster Specs have low armor, even compared to most healer specs, and Casters have zero healing abilities.
Healer Specs will be able to survive the mouse-over warmup burst and likely heal/mitigate just enough so that after the burst, they are confident enough to attack, unless they are hit by as many skill shots as possible and therefore forced to heal. The Healer spec will attack and heal multiple times, controlling the hp battle until the Caster's burst is off CD.

Caster can lose to Healer because they are at opposite ends of the spectrum as far as survivability is concerned. Glass cannons break after smashing into someone several times.

Calling attention to Smite: it has higher damage to help Healers level, and if it could be reduced by a % when targeting a player, I think that would allow a less clunky way to balance the skill.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I think 'support' classes in herocraft are barely support classes a support shouldn't be able to kill anyone. They should just be highly sought after for help in team fights.

Current implementation of several mechanics encourages every Spec to have the ability to fight solo, to some degree. The largest of these implementations is the void of usefulness for pure support because of the lack of constant demand for group pvp. The only way I see to increase group pvp while maintaining much of current, working, systems is to increase playerbase.