• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ideas for a map

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Ideas for Herocraft's next existence
Please comment with suggestions, worries, or anything else and rate! If you can't comment please rate to show how you feel regarding the idea!
Many people are confused and think I am saying "THIS IS WHAT I WANT" which is not the case. I want something that as many people as possible can enjoy! So please post your input or suggestions to help us create a "best of all worlds" solution
Hello good people! I have a suggestion for the future of maps of Herocraft that I would love to discuss and promote depending on community and founder reaction!
I expect a lot of love and hate from this one
My proposal, for the next Herocraft main map to be an Adventure map with several accompanying maps!
What do I mean by an Adventure map?
5 new maps, all with their own personalities and draws. Adventure World, Standard World, Chaos World, Creative world, Tutorial world and the Hub world.
Adventure World
  • Main spawn once leaving the tutorial world.
  • Full PvP
  • Entire overwold hand crafted and meticulously worked on by architects for months before release, Custom terraformed landmasses and areas for leveling. Example: One, Two, Three, Four
    Overworld not editable! Only Architects and up can modify the overworld.
  • Players could apply for a Jr. Architect positions where they would be able to build in the restricted area buildings and structures for the server. Most projects should have to get the ok from the main Architect team. If a Jr. Architect were to abuse their build rights if would be simply and permanently removed.
  • Open build plots places all around the world for players to build their regioned/unregioned wilderness houses. Plots will exists in various sizes and positions outline by a foundation. One plot claim per user allowed at a time.
  • Mini villages with Quest NPCs and purchasable plots built around the Herogates and Dragon Roosts. Claim plots for donators who want to build their personal residence
  • Static style mob spawns. Ie graveyards with zombies and skeletons, swamps with creepers and slimes and forests and spiders and creepers which could work with general random mob spawning.
  • Dungeon implemented across the world for leveling and adventure.
  • Block change only enabled at <40 to enable mining through natural caves or ocean mining.
  • 25 pre-defined locations for Herotowns allowing cities to be built only in those predefined locations and once a city falls another is built over top of it. Surrounding these locations would also be terraformed to give each Township claim a theme that they could choose to follow if they wanted to.
Standard World
  • Open build world
  • No grief rule set
  • No townships but established townships can build regioned outposts.
  • Open mining and farming from top to bottom
  • Full PvP
  • Personal Residences and solo play setup.
  • Similar rule sets to Bastion
Chaos World
  • Open build world
  • No griefing protection
  • Full PvP
  • No personal regions or townships
  • Similar rules to Warshard and Forgelight

Creative World
  • Open build world
  • No grief rule set
  • Classes disabled
  • No PvP
  • Creative server. Designed for build testing and sharing.
  • No mining or gather. No items or skills can be transferred into or out of the world.

Tutorial World
  • Starting world for new players.
  • Quests designed to learn the general gameplay and rules
  • No build
  • No PvP
  • Not able to specialize while in the world.
  • Items do not transfer out of the tutorial world.
  • Combination of the current worlds LostCove and Greyson.

Nexus World
  • Links all the worlds together as the main hub between worlds.
  • No build
  • No PvP
  • Links to other Herocraft games servers.

With this layout for the gameplay worlds you would find that the main Adventure world would offer:
  • No more random ugly structures built around the world.
  • No more terrain griefing for players and mods to manage.
  • Instead of running through a wasteland you are running around in a beautiful landscape.
  • Beautiful crafted overworld to explore and adventure in.
  • Static mob spawns allowing both the leveling players and the PvPers to have set destinations instead of just aimlessly running around or sitting in a swamp.
  • Personal residences would be limited to either underground homes or one of the hundreds of pre chosen plots around the world. Players could also purchase plots in spawn or other smaller world villages.
  • All overworld mining would be limited to within your own Township or Standard/Chaos worlds.
  • To mine underground you would need to either find a natural cave or use a township to get deep underground.
I can see there would be some issues to resolve to make this work properly.
  • Setting Herotowns to only allow claims within certain chunks
  • Changing death chests to "break" instead of unlocking when their timer is up.
  • Configuring the overworld protection so players can only modify < 40
  • Creating static spawns for mobs to work with the spawn anywhere general MC setup.
  • Creating a new township claim option to create an Outpost. Outposts would add to the township's weekly tax cost but would allow a regioned area in the standard world for your township to control.
  • Finding a good way for Kingdoms to exist and what benefit there would be from the creation of one. Perhaps a Kingdom gains a Capital sized regioned area in the Standard world or perks such as a personal Graveyard, Herogate or Dragonroost.
I don't believe this will stifle the creative aspect of Minecraft. I expect that with this seperation it will give a reason for players to be in all the different worlds and give as many players as possible the experience they are wanting to have.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Any ideas and changes to the above suggestion will be listed here as well as updated on the main post.

3/27/13 9:10pm Added the conception of a Jr. Architect.
3/30/13 2:50pm Rewrote the whole main post to reflect feedback from both the community and founder. Almost a complete rewrite so take another look and comment on the current setup.

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't really like this idea, personally. It detracts from the "open" feeling of Minecraft. But then, I don't really freak out about an area that doesn't look perfect. You can always perfect your own little slice of the Herocraft map.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't really like this idea, personally. It detracts from the "open" feeling of Minecraft. But then, I don't really freak out about an area that doesn't look perfect. You can always perfect your own little slice of the Herocraft map.

Understood. I don't freak out from the griefing either, but it certainly 100% destroys the immersion.
If I was running around in a world created like those in the above examples I think it would feel way more immersive
Custom terraformed landmasses and areas for leveling. Example: One, Two, Three, Four
and I feel that would be worth the loss of that freedom.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I was initially strongly against the proposal, but I looked over some of your points and it's a decent idea. Such a drastic change might not be taken lightly.

I myself am ambivalent about it, considering it would destroy personal residences, random creative structures, and non-regioned towns that new players often make.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Murders the idea of themed towns, solo players, modifying terrain for advantages, interesting pvp battles, most building projects, general creativity, and kingdoms. I'm sure there's a lot more this would ruin but I won't bother thinking of any. Also good luck getting wood lmao.

If you want to dispute any of these things I feel it would ruin, please at least take the time to think about what the hell is being suggested before posting. I don't want to have to write a wall of goddamn text explaining why this would not be good for the main overworld.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Murders the idea of themed towns
How so? If you build a town in a jungle biome in the current world you you can theme it any way to want and in what I am suggesting you can build a town in a jungle biome and you can theme it any way you want. The only difference is that you would not be tearing down the jungle biome to change it to your town, but instead you would be building the town and deciding whether to work with or against your surroundings.
solo players,
I am not sure how this would murder solo players. You could still get spawn plots, houses in Forgelite and Warshard, Underground houses and houses in village plots. I really don't see how this would change much for solo players as their houses are usually built underground or at spawn anyways.
modifying terrain for advantages,
This is correct, you would not be able to modify the terrain by throwing down tons of dirt and cobblestone, you would instead have to use the already modified terrain to your advantage.
interesting pvp battles,
This is just not the case, if the world was a terraformed wonder there would be all sorts of ridiculously interesting PvP battles. It would stop players from building dirt castles but if they build in ruins and dilapidated structures and all sorts of awesome things to fight on then there will be interesting PvP all over the place.
most building projects,
There would be a lot of projects that would be stopped before they were started. Thing is that most of the projects that people start are never finished. Another chunk of these are just jokes and trolls and then you have a few projects that get finished for better or worse. The largest projects are almost always at player towns and those will remain the same so no loss there.
general creativity,
I disagree here. Although you would be limited to where you can build in the main world you will still be able to build in plots and player towns. Another idea to help cater to those who want to build and beautify the world is adding one more server rank which would be "Jr. Architect." as a Jr. you could get overworld build rights but you would just need to get the ok for your location and build idea from an actual Architect. These Jrs could have a strict guideline that if found broken would mean permanent removal from the Jr team.(just an idea to keep the building going and give additional creative outlet for those who like to build)
and kingdoms.
I was trying to think of how Kingdoms would be handled. You could still easily have Kingdoms underground <60 but I have yet to come up with a good method for having them overground. Honestly though, my largest reason to push for Kingdom in LO was so I could terraform the area around my town and block idiots from tearing up the ground and making it look horrible again.
I'm sure there's a lot more this would ruin but I won't bother thinking of any.
Please share as the ideas come in. I am still convinced it would be better then it would be worse but I am not stuck on the issue. I have been convinced that my ideas were bad before, but so far a lot of your arguments are thin or are only taken from what I would consider a limited point of view.
Also good luck getting wood lmao.
Some of the largest forests in the game are in Forgelight and there are dozens of forests in Warshard. I cannot see is as being an issue to gather wood. In fact I gathered 10 double chests of logs in a few hours in Forgelight just recently for our Kingdom upgrade. So no problems getting wood.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I myself am ambivalent about it, considering it would destroy personal residences, random creative structures, and non-regioned towns that new players often make.

Personal residences could still be built underground or in village areas just not where ever a player feels like plopping one down. "Random creative structures" are most often more random and less creative but for those who sincerely want to build and create I just threw up and idea for a Jr. Architect whom with verbal permissions from a full fledged Architect could build those creative structures in the overworld. Non regioned towns would suffer but if the villages were done right places could still do a regioned non town where it still looks good in and around and the players can still build their houses around the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1364434583,1364433925][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: What's really turning you off with the idea bob_de_blastoise?
Is there something in particular?

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I agree with the OP, I skipped most of the comments. This is the EXACT same idea several of us KRS/NEO folks had in mind for the overworld ages ago back on Zeal/Dragongarde.

I think each township location should simply have portals to instanced servers with no lag that lead to townships on floating platforms that fall off into the void, that replicate the area around the portal or the biome it's in.

This would make for interesting PVP as you could push raiders back to the portals, and graveyards after that as well.

Also, this would drastically reduce the amount of lag on the main aspects of the Heroes RPG server, especially if they instanced the dungeons as well with epic entrances and such. It's one of the things I'd change in your original post, and otherwise building/mining/etc. below 48y would be acceptable in most areas, the admins could easily worldguard the dungeon entrances and expand the entire project multiple times.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Personal residences could still be built underground or in village areas just not where ever a player feels like plopping one down. "Random creative structures" are most often more random and less creative but for those who sincerely want to build and create I just threw up and idea for a Jr. Architect whom with verbal permissions from a full fledged Architect could build those creative structures in the overworld. Non regioned towns would suffer but if the villages were done right places could still do a regioned non town where it still looks good in and around and the players can still build their houses around the world.[DOUBLEPOST=1364434583,1364433925][/DOUBLEPOST]Edit: What's really turning you off with the idea bob_de_blastoise?
Is there something in particular?
I prefer living alone and making my house wherever I want it to be. I like blending my house with the nature around me and I build none of my homes underground. I build my houses in jungles or up a Mountain and I feel if I couldn't make my house where and when I want it would discourage me from building.

I don't like to build near others I like to live alone with the beautiful nature around me not villages or towns

Y

ytiggidmas

I feel we just need a new map, pvp has come to halt, and I think Bastion is approaching 6-7 months of usage.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the way the server is right now, why change it?

Although I love freedom and I love the ability to do as I want. I also feel that the rampant defacing of the game world and the hundred(thousands) of half finished or failed project leaves a lot of the world looking broke and ugly.
I like the way the server plays but I feel zero attraction to the world. Some of the towns are awesome to see but the terrain out in the world are just bad.

I prefer living alone and making my house wherever I want it to be. I like blending my house with the nature around me and I build none of my homes underground. I build my houses in jungles or up a Mountain and I feel if I couldn't make my house where and when I want it would discourage me from building.

I don't like to build near others I like to live alone with the beautiful nature around me not villages or towns

I understand where you are coming from and like I said above I am an advocate for freedom. That being said let me quote
I like blending my house with the nature around me and I build none of my homes underground. I build my houses in jungles or up a Mountain
This is one of the thing that gave me pause when making this suggestion in the first place. Before I started Paragon on this server I made my houses into the landscape and on top of a mountain and I would have felt restricted then with the same suggestion I made above.
After being on the server though and seeing the terrain destroyed again and again and seeing what the world could look like with good terraforming and some control on the building in my eyes it's worth the loss of freedom in the overworld

Would you still be completely opposed to the idea if after custom building the world if there were hundreds of locations hidden around the world that are just open build plots you could claim and use as your home? This plots could as you say be built into the terrain and you could build whatever in the plots but not change the area around the plots.

Bob_de_Blastoise

Legacy Supporter 5
Although I love freedom and I love the ability to do as I want. I also feel that the rampant defacing of the game world and the hundred(thousands) of half finished or failed project leaves a lot of the world looking broke and ugly.
I like the way the server plays but I feel zero attraction to the world. Some of the towns are awesome to see but the terrain out in the world are just bad.

I understand where you are coming from and like I said above I am an advocate for freedom. That being said let me quote This is one of the thing that gave me pause when making this suggestion in the first place. Before I started Paragon on this server I made my houses into the landscape and on top of a mountain and I would have felt restricted then with the same suggestion I made above.
After being on the server though and seeing the terrain destroyed again and again and seeing what the world could look like with good terraforming and some control on the building in my eyes it's worth the loss of freedom in the overworld

Would you still be completely opposed to the idea if after custom building the world if there were hundreds of locations hidden around the world that are just open build plots you could claim and use as your home? This plots could as you say be built into the terrain and you could build whatever in the plots but not change the area around the plots.
That would make it a lot better, but I still love the complete freedom to do whatever I want and make anything creative in my mind come to life. It's the reason I enjoy minecraft so much.

I do however hate all the buildings players make then leave the server never to return . I see pros and cons for either way. One thing I do know though is that a change this big shouldn't be taken lightly.

I'm sure I could change my views if perhaps I saw an example of some terraformed land and of how these plots would work. I'm always open to new ideas:)[DOUBLEPOST=1364438679,1364438555][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry it took so long my phone went dead:(

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I think each township location should simply have portals to instanced servers with no lag that lead to townships on floating platforms that fall off into the void, that replicate the area around the portal or the biome it's in.
100 times yes! This is something I have always wanted. As well as having predetermined worlds for Private Regions.

macura

Diamond
I was really excited about to prebuilt structures then u dropped a nuke on me when u said u want there to be no surface editability. I really cannot understand why you think anyone would want this. The point of mc is that you can bend the world to your will, adding these restrictions would murder the server within weeks. Think about it. Noob gets whitelisted, hey there here are the server rules o and btw u cant edit the map unless under very specific circumstances. That player would disconnect immediately. Who the fuck would play on a server with such restrictions. If u want to build this badly just go to the creative server.

But really, is it that important for the land to be perfectly sculpted? I am not sure if this is intended but basically this says to me, i want everything to be pretty, so gtfo, go live underground or not in the main world. U dkn't want people plopping houses randomly? It is every player's right to build a house where ever they goddamn please. What if i was at level 65 and wanted to buid a sword, guess what? I can't because i cant place a fucking crafting table. Also you forgot something, the world is not at level 60 everywhere unless it is made flat, which is pretty much taking the creative server, having it consume the main server not allowing people anywhere else to go. What if i was at level 80, how the hell am i supposed to mine if i can't go down. Also how the fuck are people supposed to get wood. Trees grow aboveground, unless you want to force everyone underground like moles.

Although this post is somewhat hostile it is not intended to offend, just question. However my opinion still stands that is possibly one of the worst suggestions i have ever heard. If you want everything to be pretty and neat go on the creative server. Don't bring the creative server here so that everyone has to look at all of the architect's buildings. It is completely useless to restrict the liberties of everyone on the server to such an abusive extent just so that people can control their ocd.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
I think you're missing the point of the phrase "Persistent Game World"
with the multiverse plugin many great and amazing things are possible:
1) portals anywhere
2) portals to additional servers, so the main server isn't as laggy.
3) portals to additional servers hosting specific events,
3a) dungeon instance server
3b) town instance servers (quadrant based)
3c) mining map instance server (resets weekly, no lwc/blockchecking)
3d) greylist map instance server (resets once a month, no lwc/blockchecking)
3e) Quest map be the Main World. <-- this idea

should really stick into you, that this is the Hero craft server. You're a Hero so you would naturally be wanting to do a QUEST. You would find items off the things you kill, not through mining, or logging. You'd gear, get potions, experience, level, pvp, and pve on the main map. You would even add locations of lore, where people would collect books or find them and discover lore about the classes and their stories, as well as the map's histories on various versions.

There's just so much to this..

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I have been trying to create an adventure map just like this for a group of friends of mine for along time but the progress is slow because of the amount of work that is needed to be done, its great to know that other people think the same way i do! Eldrylars have you been rooting around my computer files or something :p