• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ideas for a map

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!
Bastion is an amazing world as it is right now. When I played with my friends during my first few weeks here, I lived in a quaint little mountain. This mountain was a mere 200 blocks away from a bustling civilization with whom we've had no contact with due to fear, but have examined when the coast was clear. It was a town. Not a payed for and protected town, but a town. This town had many beautiful homes and chests. Of course we totally robbed the place and left them without any hope of recovering but I digress. This town would not have been possible if it weren't for the freedom to build, and not worrying about being griefed under the penalty of a PE. After I joined Oakenshire and my friends who I originally played with got bored of the game, I took several trips back to my quaint little mountain. Next to it, the very first time that I came back was a player. Although I can't remember his name, he built several towers and buildings around and on top of my mountain. He didn't even know that there was a home inside of it until I showed him.
Why am I telling you this?
This player was able to build like he regularly would be able to in minecraft without the fear of being griefed. Just like the town 200 blocks away, and the many other structures that made that SouthWest corner of the map look amazing. Id be happy to give you the coordinates to the place when Im back home :)
Tl;dr: This is an rpg server, but as I recall it is also a BUILDING server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
My god... I posted an awesome post/idea and now I deleted it, STUPID.

Re-creating now...

Adventure World - no build*, pvp on, dungeons, quests, trade area, roped off township areas
*=certain "massive" areas or islands could be alotted for purchase via townships and only they can build there.
This will decrease the harassment of structures etc but will also make towns much more secure (Except from within)
Mining World - pvp on, allows residences/solo play, no griefing - townships would have outposts perhaps?
Chaos World - pvp on, no griefing laws
Tutorial World - First glimpse of HC / tutorial
Extended World - no specializations, pvp off (maybe?), no griefing - user must leave to specialization, but can return with no spec.
Nexus Hub World - The world that connects all other worlds and offers travel for a price. Will have access to other servers such as HeroGames, etc.

I believe that this setup would work very nicely for us. It would allow for most facet of gameplay.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Adventure World - Sounds good to me. Townships would be moved to this map, then?
Mining World - This sounds like what Bastion currently is, just with townships removed. Maybe leave townships for the Adventure world (massive regioned areas) and integrate guild functionality here with outposts (smaller regioned areas).
Chaos World - Currently Warshard + Lostcove. Just have one then? *votes to keep Warshard*
Tutorial World - Lostcove. I miss quests here, but whatever. Stupid Citizens.
Extended World - Greyson. This would likely also become the map where players who want to just build in peace would gravitate to if there is no PvP, which is a perfectly good thing.
Nexus Hub World -Integrating HeroBUILD and HeroGAMES with Herocraft would be great for all of the servers, and would be a great selling point as well.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
My god... I posted an awesome post/idea and now I deleted it, STUPID.

Re-creating now...

Adventure World - no build*, pvp on, dungeons, quests, trade area, roped off township areas
*=certain "massive" areas or islands could be alotted for purchase via townships and only they can build there.
This will decrease the harassment of structures etc but will also make towns much more secure (Except from within)
Mining World - pvp on, allows residences/solo play, no griefing - townships would have outposts perhaps?
Chaos World - pvp on, no griefing laws
Tutorial World - First glimpse of HC / tutorial
Extended World - no specializations, pvp off (maybe?), no griefing - user must leave to specialization, but can return with no spec.
Nexus Hub World - The world that connects all other worlds and offers travel for a price. Will have access to other servers such as HeroGames, etc.

I believe that this setup would work very nicely for us. It would allow for most facet of gameplay.

This all looks pretty balance for every aspect of play,
The Adventure world would bring in players for dungeons, scenery, quests and Townships. Basically adventure and RPG. I would still prefer it to be mineable under a point as that will allow people to use natural caves and their townships to reach into the underworld but it would not be as big of a deal with the Mining world.
The Mining would would give people the solo play, freedom build and would draw people due to the resources and free build structure.
Chaos world would act as Forgelight and Warshard does now.

I personally feel that it would be awesome.

Would it be possible to setup an actual /town claimoutpost command for townships to use to create an regioned area in the mining world? Allow you to claim one chunk(16x16x16?) to build a regions outpost, then perhaps you get one outpost per town rank, so at capitol you would get 4 outpost chunks you could place?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
What about the normal world?
Kainzo

With Kainzo's above example the Mining world would be akin to Bastion. The only major difference would be that you could not build the full townships just outposts.

That being said this conversation was opened back up so we could all discuss ideas and to try to make something truly awesome.

So, if you have a fear/pitfall or and idea to help make it easier and better keep them coming.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the map should be trimmed down to 2k x 2k it's way to big the smaller it is the more pvp there is

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I think the map should be trimmed down to 2k x 2k it's way to big the smaller it is the more pvp there is

If an adventure map was made I think it should be as large as can be properly built in the time allowed. If it's being hand crafted then the more the merrier to explore(to a point.)
I would say for a Mining map that 2000x2000 seems pretty fair.

The adventure world could be smaller and the mining world larger.

Lol, simultaneous posts with opposite opinions.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
Eldry that's so stupid why the hell would you want a bigger map for people fighting on it, it make sense to have a bigger mining map since you actually don't want to run into people

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't think it would be all that large in the end. I think we would find in building said map that the amount of time it would take to make it would be the limiting factor.
It could take a single person a month just to do one small area.
Bastion spawn took a month with 12 people working on it. I would not be to worried.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
This all looks pretty balance for every aspect of play,
The Adventure world would bring in players for dungeons, scenery, quests and Townships. Basically adventure and RPG. I would still prefer it to be mineable under a point as that will allow people to use natural caves and their townships to reach into the underworld but it would not be as big of a deal with the Mining world.
The Mining would would give people the solo play, freedom build and would draw people due to the resources and free build structure.
Chaos world would act as Forgelight and Warshard does now.

I personally feel that it would be awesome.

Would it be possible to setup an actual /town claimoutpost command for townships to use to create an regioned area in the mining world? Allow you to claim one chunk(16x16x16?) to build a regions outpost, then perhaps you get one outpost per town rank, so at capitol you would get 4 outpost chunks you could place?
You could mine in adventure world IF IF IF IF you bought the massive region around it. We're talking 100x100 or more. The issue is there wouldnt be anything to expand, you would just buy another region.

Now like I said - this is just tossing out ideas for an "ultimate" package for Herocraft

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo, with the region protections you have available is it possible to instead of creating a region that is uneditable, that the whole world is uneditable except where you region it?

Sort of the reverse of the way it is now.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Paragon was the first town created and it's still not a complete work. I would guess at best it's 50% of the way there so I am not advocating the replacement of Bastion anytime soon.

Newerth's latest changes mean we're at about 1% of where we want to be, but we're planning to crunch and get capital sized walls, tons of buildings placed. etc.

Also, with the changes we could implement this into two parts.. take all the townships and if we're hand crafting the Adventure world we can place each township in an appropriate area, half determined by mayors, half by the creative teams, they'll need to make each township area capable of city-sized regions, and you'd obviously want a few layouts, like forest, swamp, mountain, ocean, jungle, for each township's external surroundings and biome colors.

So, Bastion would then become the mining world with town outposts, and we would wipe it and archive it after moving townships over to the adventure world. This could save most of everyone's work, and we could release the new mining map months prior, so players have plenty of time to move their belongings before it's wiped. (non regioned player stuff)

Also, if we wanted we don't even need to wipe bastion, we could just build portals to the spawn in each town's townhall so that we could easily get to the nexus and new maps from our current townships, perhaps even leaving their regions there. and setup an entirely new township system for the Adventure map/have towns pay to be moved.

There's a half dozen ways to do this easily... surely there's some sort of compromise that suits everyone's needs so that we can have the setup Kainzo mentioned become reality.

\Furthermore\

Architects could start on the adventure world map right now, or later when the last few biomes come out for MC.

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
This all sounds quite amazing and I would approve of a change like this. Yeah it would be a huge change and people will have to adjust but I think when they do they'll like it.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Almost an complete rewrite of the main post with community and founder feedback.

To the community: Please reread and discuss additional suggestions and feedback. If you were against the original idea and you think this is getting closer to something you could enjoy, please make your further suggestions and or change your rating to reflect the current list of proposals.