• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ideas for a map

Hydroking77

Legacy Supporter 7
Maybe in the mining world each town could claim a single chunk at the start then eventually expand to a + shape of chunks once they get large enough.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
It's still not my cup of tea, but I already hate it less. Just keep solo players in mind and it might have potential :)

Do you still see it getting in the way of you playing even with plenty of spots in the adventure world as well as an entire world like Bastion? Do you have any suggestions that you think would cater to the solo player?

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
Eldrylars

What do you think about having custom dungeons/areas to gather resources that respawn over time.

Resource Nodes like iron ore in the cliff face of a mountain, where spiders spawn naturally in the area 10 to 12 at a time.

the iron ore can be gathered by climbing up the cliff face, and mining the block. Eventually the iron_ore block will turn into a stone block and (this part can be ommitted for now) you would get a message that says you have depleted that resource, maybe even with a time stamp to tell you how long it will take to regenerate.

Each node could give various amounts, and we could then implement an entirely different crafting system then what minecraft currently uses.

You could take 64 iron ore to an extractor/npc placed areas that would then convert the iron ore and say, a lava bucket to then produce iron ingots.

\\natural caves in mountains that have rare goods\\

Obviously this means infinite:
Coal
Iron
Gold (think of gold mines)
Diamond (think of diamond mines)
Emerald (think of mineshafts with rare respawnable chests? or minecarts with chests that disappear after looting)
Lapis Lazuli (same as above, except stacks of dust)
Redstone (same as above, and rare ore locations, obviously stacks as well)
Lava (small lava lakes aboveground with themes that coincide. Perhaps reasonable distance to smelting locations)

But you could use these things only in limited amounts. We could create a map that the architects would go by with say like 250 coal/250 iron mining locations, 50 gold locations, 12-13 diamond locations, 25 emerald, lapis, and 35 redstone locations, with perhaps 12 or 13 fire lakes as well.

Using these parameters we can sort of go over a design scheme to make the overworld with in mind. Obviously some of the locations would be shared inside iron/coal mines that go down deep enough.

This type of setup would allow for adventuring guides, mining guides, etc.

It could also apply to tree farming, as well as fishing holes. If we use Diablo Drops how I imagine it, you could custom name fish from various lakes when they're gathered, and have different bonuses to health regen when cooked and eaten.
Raw Salmon, Raw Cod, Raw Trout, etc.
Cooked Salmon, Cooked Cod, Cooked Trout, etc.

more to come on this concept.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I think the map should be trimmed down to 2k x 2k it's way to big the smaller it is the more pvp there is
The map cannot be that small otherwise we couldn't fit that many townships in.

The mines would be way too farmable to be honest, you guys get more than enough resources at the present with the current system.

As for the fish that is an interesting idea but not currently possible to my knowledge

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
The map cannot be that small otherwise we couldn't fit that many townships in.

The mines would be way too farmable to be honest, you guys get more than enough resources at the present with the current system.

As for the fish that is an interesting idea but not currently possible to my knowledge

Thank you for your reply danda, I was going to make that point about the size as well. As for materials, the way I was imagining being balanced would mean that it was actually harder to gather resources and created points of interest that pvpers and pvers could focus on to gather resource nodes from and control areas of the main map.

To promote conflict. :)

Y

ytiggidmas

At this time, there are no plans for a new "main" map.
yo, people get bored of seeing the same map for 6+ months! Even though I don't think we should have a new 'main' map immediately we should soon. New maps have been one of the most exciting, and fun parts of playing on Herocraft. I know that having a new map means hours and hours of work but it brings a reason for the people who no longer see Herocraft as fun, or having a challenge to come back and reminisce on what it's like to make towns/memories that brought people closer to their friends and to the server itself. Please reconsider this, and let the community get involved in possibly making a decision on this.

globjako2

ICE ICE ICE!
Do you still see it getting in the way of you playing even with plenty of spots in the adventure world as well as an entire world like Bastion? Do you have any suggestions that you think would cater to the solo player?
Not really. It seems pretty fool-proof for now.
If I really wanted an adventure map of my own, I'd make it so that dungeons are these non building areas just like graveyards. You can go in and get teleported to a totally seperate world that holds the dungeon. (This is to save space)
My super main ultimate point is that I want the fun stuff and dungeons to be part of the world that everyone's a part of. Going from map to map seems silly. (Unless you want to add a warptospawn skill for every profession ;) )
I don't care for a "pretty" world. I just want a single, main world that is free to be molded by inspired players like I once was.

I wish for your suggestion to be heavily tested by many different people before its actual release. This will be easy once Kainzo announces a restart.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo
If you ever think you are getting within 6 months or so of a map reset it would be awesome to get a flat world with voxel and worldedit to start building
Maybe a nice 2000x2000 flat world so everything has to be hand made.
I am not on the architects team as I am only average at building structures but I am good at terrain so I would be happy to join in the process;)

That is, if you want a team building an adventure map :)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Not too into flat worlds, tbh. Our dev teams are busy right now - almost every day we're patching / implementing things. There's so much to be done on Bastion :)