• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How To Create GUI Elements in Macro Mod! (Cooldowns/Mana Bar)

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
@Ahrall if you find time, could you make a video on this? You commentate far better than I.
I'll try to get this working myself and if I can I will happily make a video. Might just make an "Advanced Cooldowns Guide" type thing with all the tips and tricks people have learned.

Edit: Might be a while though, bogged down with videos as it is

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I'll try to get this working myself and if I can I will happily make a video. Might just make an "Advanced Cooldowns Guide" type thing with all the tips and tricks people have learned.

Edit: Might be a while though, bogged down with videos as it is
Whiteninja made a guide, however its not video but i found it super easy to do (worked first try :D)

So idk if a video is necessary.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Yep, made a guide for the GUI counters. I also have a video on how to do it, I'll post it later.

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
heromod wasn't made through MacroMod though.
MacroMod can read HP etc too, but it's disabled for HC I believe.
(Even: OnHealthChange)
1) OnHealthChange wouldn't do anything anyway. Heroes emulates 20 health to the client, as hundreds of health in vanilla leads to hearts filling the screen.
2) HeroMod used custom plugin data streams to the client, not existing client data.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
1) OnHealthChange wouldn't do anything anyway. Heroes emulates 20 health to the client, as hundreds of health in vanilla leads to hearts filling the screen.
2) HeroMod used custom plugin data streams to the client, not existing client data.

Gotta get some of that "custom plugin data streams" !!!

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Please, make Heromod

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
The client still recognizes hearts, I based it off 20 health, added a progress bar, it will still indicate hp if I could get echo working as well

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
The client still recognizes hearts, I based it off 20 health, added a progress bar, it will still indicate hp if I could get echo working as well
As stated, Heroes emulates 20 health to the client. That's what the default heart count is.
I fail to see the usefulness of a health bar measured in twentieths of your health.

what777

Max Legacy Supporter

Sorry if I was not 100% right, I'm not a coder/dev xD.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
As stated, Heroes emulates 20 health to the client. That's what the default heart count is.
I fail to see the usefulness of a health bar measured in twentieths of your health.

Not viable/useful for you own health, but honestly it's a heck of a lot better then not having any clue what your party members health is.

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
What eldry said, I wouldn't need exact health, but if you see someone low, like 2/20th you know to heal them or peel for them.

Rida_

TNT
One useful thing: instead of using OnChat, add the manabar text to the chat filter (available through the menu in the top right). After each SET() line, add a line with FILTER() (like so). This eliminates the manabar spam in chat (and stamina bar too, which is even worse). You can also use this to filter other things, like skill spam.
4vKY6O1.png

Last edited:

greenliketea

A frightening Cactus!
Is there a way to have multiple cool down sets for different classes? For example, if I'm not using Ninja, and I switch to Disciple, how do I get it to hide my Ninja cool downs and add some for disciple?

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
Is there a way to have multiple cool down sets for different classes? For example, if I'm not using Ninja, and I switch to Disciple, how do I get it to hide my Ninja cool downs and add some for disciple?
When in the GUI Editor or Macro Bindings screen, click the button on the top left and select settings. There you can add different configurations for each class ans switch them at a whim. You can probably even create a macro to switch which configuration you use.

Rida_

TNT

Under OnJoin, type in $${CONFIG(NinjaConfig)}$$ (or whatever the name of each cooldown set is). Example. This lets you have it automatically switch when you join. You can also paste that same thing under any keybind.
To make another GUI, when in the GUI Editor screen (when you select screens), select the button in the top left, and hit "create new screen" (see here). Then, you can just drag that GUI into the ingame slot whenever you want to use that GUI (like so).

w0nd3rb0y

Legacy Supporter 5
One useful thing: instead of using OnChat, add the manabar text to the chat filter (available through the menu in the top right). This eliminates the manabar spam in chat (and stamina bar too, which is even worse). You can also use this to filter other things, like skill spam.
4vKY6O1.png
how do you eliminate the mana chat spam?

dawnsparkle

Glowing Redstone
Now, Mana Bar is much more simpler.

Just follow the same steps as before to create a label and progress bar for your Mana and name the Control Name "MANA" and the Expr to "@#mana". Max should be at 100.(And colour it. :p)

Create a new text file in the Text Editor named "ManaBar" and save this into it:
Code:
$${
IFMATCHES(%CHATCLEAN%,"^Mana: (.+?) - (.+?)%",&mana,2);
SET(@#mana,%&mana%);
ENDIF;
IFMATCHES(%CHATCLEAN%,"^MANA (.+?)%",&mana,1);
SET(@#mana,%&mana%);
ENDIF;
IFMATCHES(%CHATCLEAN%,"^(..)% [",&mana,1);
SET(@#mana,%&mana%);
ENDIF;
}$$
THIS REQUIRES MANA TO BE VERBOSED! Use TabbyChat to filter stuff to a blank tab.

Now change the onChat event bind to look like this:
Code:
$$<ManaBar.txt>|$$<classCD.txt>
This will run BOTH ManaBar and your Class macros at the same time.

It's as simple as that.

I used this code, but instead of filling, It emptied.
Did I do something wrong?

Edit: I fixed my problem, but in a bas-akwords way. I flipped the for and background textures so the bar would fill instead of empty

Last edited:

NuclearCouch

Staff member
Community Manager
Administrator
@Jloy1 Would it be possible to do a exp bar with macro mod now that we lost our one that was built into minecraft?