• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Minecraft 1.5 for Herocraft RPG Server!

Grinch

Obsidian Staff
The staff are volunteers, the coders are volunteers, Spigot/Libigot are volunteers.

To add on to what Sir Kainzo said...

Trust me. I would love to take the time I work on Libigot and put it towards things that will actually pay me. Does Libigot get active donations? No. Do I get paid to put hours into Libigot? No. Why do I do this? To make ungrateful users like yourself have a better experience (as well as the grateful users which I <3).

So in short, put up or shut up. If you cannot contribute to the project with anything other then complaints then you have no right to say anything.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
It matters to me, I care about what they do and how they do it - Not in a negative way of course. I spend time programming with JavaScript and I am even expanding into all the C languages, and I am even moving into Java itself. Its a very time grueling process.

Anything that the coders - staff - anything else that volunteers to HeroCraft, contribute are in all fair. Though sometimes there are kinks in the system - Nothing is flawless guys, but they come really close in my opinion. Even though there may be lag, even if it is caused by players, I don't mind it, I know what some script can do to Minecraft if integrated poorly... (Infinite loops in minecraft, never attempt that. Ever.)

Best advice to anyone still freaking about this update - Adapt to it as you have done to all the previous updates that you had before. Everything will be fine within 1-7 days.

xexorian

Admin ZeeZo
Retired Staff
This is the best thread I've read in a while... good luck with the server updates (and tournament!) =]

I am looking forward to 1.5+ and 1.6+ when they get done with it, too! :)

FaroFazi03

Stone
Ok I just wondering what class and proffetion are getting what from all this...cuz I have a feeling that this is will be all for engerrs, farmers, merstions, path makers and miners

Doogler

Legacy Supporter 2
Is this updated to 1.5? it says I have the wrong version of MC and I cant join the server

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
All of you are misunderstanding the point. We are complaining because Herocraft updated right before a major tourny. Grinch I am very happy you help develop the Libigot and I am sure all of the staff work very hard but Herocraft just rushed right into it. This tourny we will not be having Heromod because of this update. Now all of you are like "Just learn to live without it, derp". But why should we have to learn without something that is readily available if we just stay on an update a little longer. I am sure Kainzo is worried that less people are coming on because of the update. I think that this update will upset more people then help. It is not hard to stay on an older version especially when you just have to download Rumblestikks jar and throw it back on.
Tl;DR I am sure a lot of work is put into updating but the community(or most of it I feel) really never asked for you to put that work in just right now. Yeah early next week but not now.

EDIT: It seems HeroMod is updated? Well that makes me happier but we should still consider the lag...
EDIT 2: Never mind just said it had it but was never actually there...

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
This tourny we will not be having Heromod because of this update. Now all of you are like "Just learn to live without it, derp". But why should we have to learn without something that is readily available if we just stay on an update a little longer.

The issue is that HeroMod isn't easily updatable (only unknownloner afaik has access to the source at the moment), waiting for the tourney to update may also prevent participants from being able to participate in said tourney. The stability of the server may vary, but at the same time, that type of thinking of staying on something stable until everything is absolutely ready for updating would mean we'd be acting like Tekkit (mind you, they haven't even updated Tekkit w/ Bukkit since 1.2.5).

I understand your worry, but the comments preceeding yours were directly towards updating and thinking that a) macro keybinds would be out of the modpack (it isn't, it's built around retaining that ability to keep macro/keybinds) and b) the server would be laggy (to which I say, we should update early so that we have enough feedback to iron out issues BEFORE saturday).

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
waiting for the tourney to update may also prevent participants from being able to participate in said tourney.
It is pretty easy to unupdate. I am willing to walk everyone who has updated and doesnt understand how to download a jar and rename it.

And for everything else(Dont want to pick out just one thing you said):
I am fine with Unknown taking his time. Heck I can wait 2 weeks without the mod once we pass the tourny.
We don't have to wait until everything is stable. We just have for this event(which gives out in game items and money, prestige, and is supposed to be for fun) to blow over to update. Thats like 5 days. Everyone that is participating in the tourny that I have talked to has agreed with me that we shouldn't update. Everyone else who will most likely be watching I think would agree with the participants(who doesn't want to watch a good, fair(mostly), fight? This event have been planned for a good amount of time and many people have put in a great deal of time to improve their chances of winning and if that is all ruined because we cant get a stable fight then you will make the playerbase very unhappy. Just my 2 cents.

Nevinryal

Glowstone
*clap* *clap* *clap* ......

I log on to try and spend a few minutes to play and what do I see?
I see that I am unable to log into my favorite server because of some change that has recently occurred.
My first reaction is perhaps I miss clicked on the wrong server .
Next comes the realization that I have not, and that the server has in fact updated.

My third, stems from the fact that everything I have become comfortable with is now out the window
and that I must begin anew, at a time not of my choosing to hunt down and rebuild all the things that make the game comfortable for me to enjoy the game with.

My issue comes from the work and time and patience it may take and all the things that will, may, or already would have gone wrong because of this stupid update. I know this and then I come here to get the scoop.

I find this forum, I read the posts, the pros, the cons, (I was against the update being rushed just fyi) and I see the players and the staff voicing their opinions and listing previous and future events and throwing in a bit of old Herocraft history to support or denounce this or that claim. But one thing I think has been over looked....

Herocraft, is still up and kicking......

And despite all the problems and hassle, and time, and whining, and a few actually valid arguments, the game is still running. And it's still running in spite of all this, and all this change that seems to keep on coming. Somebody is still at work trying to make it all stay working, and the server being online is the end result of all the time required to have something like this continue. Names I know come up. Some names I don't know, until now that is. I consider how much time it will take me again to catch up, and compare it to how much time someone else dedicated to the server itself may have had to spend to get it to where it is. And I relax. I hope I will never have to spend that kind of time and effort so somebody who doesn't even know my name can approve, or insult the end result of my labors. From one solitary player, I know your (some of your) names now, I know your contributions, and I thank you, all of you. You are the reason that I choose to play this server. I have rarely seen the kind of commitment that results in a server existing for so long, and that goes through so much trouble to keep in motion, aspects of game play, that simply get swept away or forgotten like so many old toys. Thank you for your time and effort, and know that you have made at least one person happy, and in light of all the recent changes, and the countless more to come, grateful.

All I can advise for my fellow players is this. Change is coming. Try to keep up.

P.S. 1. A lesser set of staff would have attempted to roll this whole thing out even sooner. 2. Last I checked the number of interested parties for the Tourney was not yet "ungodly" has anyone suggested they move the Tourney to the following Saturday? Surely more time to ride this out and get more people interested would make for a far more interesting event no? (just consider it, its much easier to change the date of one event then undo an entire server) 3. Many servers I've been to would have already ended room for comments which could be taken as insults to staff but we have that chance to voice ourselves. ;p Anyhow see you in game.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
All of you are misunderstanding the point. We are complaining because Herocraft updated right before a major tourny. Grinch I am very happy you help develop the Libigot and I am sure all of the staff work very hard but Herocraft just rushed right into it. This tourny we will not be having Heromod because of this update. Now all of you are like "Just learn to live without it, derp". But why should we have to learn without something that is readily available if we just stay on an update a little longer. I am sure Kainzo is worried that less people are coming on because of the update. I think that this update will upset more people then help. It is not hard to stay on an older version especially when you just have to download Rumblestikks jar and throw it back on.
Tl;DR I am sure a lot of work is put into updating but the community(or most of it I feel) really never asked for you to put that work in just right now. Yeah early next week but not now.

EDIT: It seems HeroMod is updated? Well that makes me happier but we should still consider the lag...
EDIT 2: Never mind just said it had it but was never actually there...
Right before would be Friday. We updated Tuesday - giving a good 4 days to find mods working. I don't see an issue.
Is this updated to 1.5? it says I have the wrong version of MC and I cant join the server
Correct, as posted in 5+ places, we are now on 1.5!