• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Minecraft 1.5 for Herocraft RPG Server!

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
.... pvp tourny coming up. "The most important mod for HC is unstable but dw it works..." When does it work? Sometimes? Will it kick you from the server randomly? Why is it unstable? These are things that could ruin this tourny. Not to mention it will be super laggy and noone has responded to my suggestion on the tourny thread to butcher mobs and turn off spawning for the event. People were complaining so much about lag last tourny, this tourny will include lag and horrible mods.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
.... pvp tourny coming up. "The most important mod for HC is unstable but dw it works..." When does it work? Sometimes? Will it kick you from the server randomly? Why is it unstable? These are things that could ruin this tourny. Not to mention it will be super laggy and noone has responded to my suggestion on the tourny thread to butcher mobs and turn off spawning for the event. People were complaining so much about lag last tourny, this tourny will include lag and horrible mods.
How to not get raped by "horrible mods":
1. Play a class that can live without keybinds at least a bit (Wizard for example seems to work somehow)
2. Use item binds
3. Laugh at others failing with keybinds

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
All of you worry of nothing, The tourney is exactly 3 days away (My time) By that time, either news will be out that Mc is updating, Most mods will be stable, as 1.5 came out 1-2 weeks ago, and perhaps some modders will even consider to screw waiting for 1.5.1 and do the mods now.

realistically, the only thing to worry about is mid game crashes, Instead of complaining, find a way around it <3

Falker57

Legacy Supporter 8
All of you worry of nothing, The tourney is exactly 3 days away (My time) By that time, either news will be out that Mc is updating, Most mods will be stable, as 1.5 came out 1-2 weeks ago, and perhaps some modders will even consider to screw waiting for 1.5.1 and do the mods now.

realistically, the only thing to worry about is mid game crashes, Instead of complaining, find a way around it <3
Or just dont update? and not have to worry about working around it. Save people time and stress

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
Herocraft will be unplayable for me without keybinds. All I really do is PvP. Please consider my situation (it seems like other people share my opinion) before updating to 1.5. Is there any reason 1.5 NEEDS to be rolled out tonight? Can't testing/dungeon building continue on the test server?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
All of you can stop whining about keybinds not working and such. As was said repeatedly, Macro is in pre-release as such, the keybinds WORK the SCRIPTING DOESN'T. Is that so hard to understand? The HeroModPack WILL BE UPDATED FOR 1.5 TONIGHT. I'm making a new dev modpack that isn't guaranteed to work all the time, it's more aimed to testing all the mods that are included and such.

Rumblestikk - I'll pm you the link for the dev pack and we can all test it from there, Feel free to recruit some testers for us who will give us adequate information of what works and what doesnt

The mod list will be modified as follows of what's inlcuded in the 1.5 modpack:
- Forge (ForgeModLoader) Required
- Liteloader (For Macro Keybinds) Required
- Rei's Minimap Optional
- Macro Keybinds Optional
- HUD Durability Mod
- HUD Status Effects Mod

Optifine is NOT COMPATIBLE JUST YET so for the mean time, MCPatcher will be the replacement.

The modpack will be updated on Technic Launcher at 8pm (whenever the Server is being updated)

HeroMod is currently in development and will NOT be ready for a while. DO NOT CRY ABOUT IT.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Who's going against the community? Go find your mod updates, we wont be waiting for them now or ever.

(Most mods are updated within hours of the new patch - if you look around)

You, and most of the other staff. We have legitimate concerns for an event that has been planned and most of us are excited to do. We DO NOT want a repeat of last months tournement, and, forgive us for not being more trusting, but; Herocraft usually lags to hell after ANY update, and we prefer to play on a more stable environment, both mods and server.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
You, and most of the other staff. We have legitimate concerns for an event that has been planned and most of us are excited to do. We DO NOT want a repeat of last months tournement, and, forgive us for not being more trusting, but; Herocraft usually lags to hell after ANY update, and we prefer to play on a more stable environment, both mods and server.
You're one of the few that screamed up and down that we were lagging the server and not mojang. Then we run VisualVM and find out the cpu is spending 200% on item-frames :~(?

With 4+ days to the tournament - I think this is the best time to update, whether they push a 1.5.1 in that time, matters nothing. I will bring this community kicking and screaming forward and that is why it still exists - otherwise we'd still be on beta 1.7 because it was "stable" and everything worked!

I don't speak to individuals claiming to have "several" personalities - so who is this "we" ? :)

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Just an update to my previous post about the ModPack,

We've tested thuroughly and Macros is working as intended (minus some scripting issues) but all keybinds and GUI buttons work perfectly fine. It will be ready for tonight's update.

As mods update to 1.5, we'll slowly but surely update the modpack by subversion, it will not be required to update the modpack past 1.2, but I strongly recommend updating whenever there is an update (as it will include some bug fixes to some mods and re-introduce features that are lacking compared to the previous version).

As a reminder, I'm doing this FOR the community, not AGAINST the community. This modpack is provided FREE OF CHARGE and is rendered as a SERVICE for the COMMUNITY. If you don't like it, go and make your own modpack. It's that simple.

c12095

Holy Shit!
You're one of the few that screamed up and down that we were lagging the server and not mojang. Then we run VisualVM and find out the cpu is spending 200% on item-frames :~(?

I don't speak to individuals claiming to have "several" personalities - so who is this "we" ? :)

Have you yet to read this thread? You also did not address lag after updates, you sited an older argument.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
What are you talking about? In terms of the "repeat of last months tournement" clause. The LO won, my man, and it will most likely happen again.

With your commentary on the lag, I even had a team fighting in the arena, and it wasn't that bad (I might be used to low fps, but still the lag was negligible).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Have you yet to read this thread? You also did not address lag after updates, you sited an older argument.
You're ignorant of the situation - I don't mean that in a negative or mean way. I've explained things best I can and cant/wont go further into it in public forum.

The entire Herocraft staff works diligently on keeping Herocraft up to date, all the plugins we have up to date and reducing lag where-ever we can. All of this offered for free too, mind you. The staff are volunteers, the coders are volunteers, Spigot/Libigot are volunteers.

Countless hours are spent reporting bugs / slow downs and lag to the proper developers but not all of them are instant or quick fixes and takes time to get them pushed into the appropriate projects.

Of course none of this matters to you because you're the end-user ;)