• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Show off your desktop!

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I recommend a KDE desktop, OpenSUSE is nice, but it is rpm, not Debian. Kubuntu isn't as terrible as ubuntu, because there isn't unity. I'll get a pic of my KDE desktop once I install Kubuntu again.

I have tried KDE using OpenSUSE on my netbook before and couldn't get the network manager to connect to the internet :(

It wasn't THAT bad, just really really unfamiliar. I'd have to try it in a virtual machine first :) Although, I wanna try Cinnamon first.

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Eh... OpenSUSE hated internet, only thing bad about it. Once it was connected (which took 30-40 seconds) it was great.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9
Arch and Slackware dualboot or gtfo. /argument.

I'll use Arch when I get a worthy desktop computer :p It's just a laptop!
Just a laptop? More reason to use Arch. It takes near nothing to run.

I tried but couldn't get it to install stuff :(

I've never felt more stupid when using it. My body is not ready ;)
Haha yeah, thats the thing with Arch. You have to have above basic knowledge of Linux terminal commands and coding to be able to install it. Try to go slackware instead. That's easier.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll use Arch when I get a worthy desktop computer :p It's just a laptop!

Haha yeah, thats the thing with Arch. You have to have above basic knowledge of Linux terminal commands and coding to be able to install it. Try to go slackware instead. That's easier.

In what ways is it easier?

Amgroma

Legacy Supporter 9

In what ways is it easier?
Well, for starters you can actually install it. ^-^ There's also tons of guides and little tutorials to get you familiar with slackware commands and other linux lingo that you may not be familiar with right now. Arch does not have that, as it's a barebone operating system based heavily on the terminal.

The desktop of my laptop.
<trol>Running Windows Mojave </trol>

Oh, and that partially-formed Ghost in The Shell, SAC 2nd Gig symbol is a clock. No one ever seems to realize it until I point it out. :p

Attachments

• Current Desktop.jpg
    Current Desktop.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 39

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
I have another monitor going aswell but I only use it to have teamspeak on it so I just cropped it out.

21njnld.png

ebilaxe

Legacy Supporter 6
I used to use win7 themes from virtual, but I format my computer about every 3 months cause I feel it gets cluttered after awhile :L

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
I used to use win7 themes from virtual, but I format my computer about every 3 months cause I feel it gets cluttered after awhile :L

Yeah I used an external HDD to back up my stuff when I replaced Windows on my laptop and I was shocked at how little I needed to back up, compared to my nearly full 500GB HDD. I think I backed up maybe 30GB of data.