• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Show off your desktop!

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
Reasons I don't use pc's:
1. I'm too lazy to buy one
2. I know way less then what I want to know about them

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Reasons I don't use pc's:
1. I'm too lazy to buy one
2. I know way less then what I want to know about them

Don't worry, its common for people to confuse Windows Explorer with Internet Explorer, one navigates your filesystem (like when you double click on a folder in windows, that's explorer) and the other is a shitty internet browser. Kingtom was talking about using explorer because you can view your desktop like it was just another folder, so if you put it all in a single folder called desktop, that's all you see on the desktop, so you can see your background and appear more organized.

Anyway, PC's aren't that bad. The benefit is that you can upgrade your parts without replacing the whole system, which is the main downside to Macs. There are also more applications native to Windows, however I find most of them useless anyway and would rather use Linux, which can be easily ran in a VM using either Mac OR Windows or just dual boot. I think Macs are great for end users who don't want to do anything all that productive (like running a business or hardcore programming) but I'm not to sure about that price tag. My programming professor has a $5000 mac with a 1TB harddrive just for kicks, he says he writes all his code on a "coding machine" which runs windows and has NOTHING he's not willing to live without. Because if you run bad code you can break your computer :p

If I had that kind of money, I can totally relate to his reason of having a Mac for non-work related fun. However I'll stick with Linux for that :p

OrangeAngel

Legacy Supporter 2
Desktop.png

That text document named skills might be HC's skills.yml from a bit back... And those folders named Desktop may or may not be from Kainzo giving me the skills.yml

And to all those who say Pshhh Dwarf Fortress... Fuck off <3

That Vegas Pro 10.0 i admit... is pirated :D

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
It makes me happy when I see people using my wallpaper :3 Gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside my testicles.

Best wallpaper i've ever seen on a Mac.

Oh the irony!

note: it's ironic because Amgroma doesn't like Apple. Please don't remind us of this in this thread Amgroma. WE KNOW lol