• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rangers and arrows

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
This thread is 100% derailed.

The topic is the cost of arrows for rangers in general.
The amount of arrows cant be completely based on a pvp platform considering that rangers do not use arrows only for pvp.
If you want to discuss rangers in pvp there are a dozen or more threads out there.

Basic bow firing is has a very low cost.
With no firerate restriction other then the amount of time it takes to pull back the bow.
Opposed to the only other range attacks being casters who are restricted by cd and mana.

Abilities cost 16-30 arrows per use.
This can be extremely costly when used repeatedly.
This can again be compared to casters who's ability's have no cost or 1 reagent per use.

Low cost basic attack.
High cost abilities.
Imo it balances out and should be left as is.

I would remove arrow storm and give rangers an escape ability. As of now, if you get to close to a ranger...you're dead. If the ranger doesn't suck, they just arrow storm and 24 arrows shoot out of their face. You can't out dps 24 arrows even as a ninja/thief. Not to mentioned they can still use their elemental effects.

Rangers should ONLY excel at long to medium range, they SHOULD lose if a melee hero can get to them. Rangers are still OP and need a high mat cost because of it. They still need a nerf aswell.

This is the ignorant shit that gets an entire class reworked into unviable all because you rally the "hardcore" legion into a rage over a situational pvp issue.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
as i said before, just reduce the amount of arrows needed per skill. inf bow will stop your issue with just using arrows outright to fight/ kill mobs.

there is no need to add a whole new skill for something that can be fixed by switching a few numbers.

that's my 2c.

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
Back to the OP, when you chose ranger...what were you expecting? This is just what an archer is, bow & arrows. Also, dont think was mentioned, rangers can use axes.

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
Back to the OP, when you chose ranger...what were you expecting? This is just what an archer is, bow & arrows. Also, dont think was mentioned, rangers can use axes.

It's like debating a christian conservative.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
I don't think you guys understand that it is not difficult at all to accumulate arrows. I was a ranger last map back when mobs barely ever spawned, so no chickens. No chickens = no feathers. No feathers = no crafting arrows. There were these things though that you may or may not have heard of -- they are called skeletons and sometimes they drop arrows. Arrows are seriously not hard to get, you just have to put some time into it. So what if other classes can get their equipment easier?
Quit belly-aching and whining whenever things aren't easy for you.

Kekosawr

Legacy Supporter 4
As for the arrows issue, I think most rangers should try to get infinity bows as early on as possible because it's easy to amass arrows while you have the bow so long as you remember to summonarrow off cooldown regularly or when you're not preoccupied fighting.
As long as you stockpile infinity bows to use and have them repaired, the only thing that becomes costly is barrage and arrowstorm, so it seems a decent trade off like @Recknod said. They're high-cost and mostly useful to defend in close combat, so you wouldn't want to be wasting them all anyway.

As a Ranger, I really don't think we need a passive ability or skill to reduce arrow costs. Enchanters have been nerfed enough to lose the market selling infinity bows.

The only thing I'd like to make note of is I don't think the mana cost of Summonarrow scales down at all, if I recall correctly it's 25% at the start and it still costs the same at 55. It's not really a problem unless you're in a pinch without a bow and relying on skills to still be able to attack.