• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rangers and arrows

Vongard

Legacy Supporter 7
I will start off by saying that i am a ranger so that makes me entirely biased and untrustworthy, so please tell me your opinion below.

My main problem with rangers is that every other class and specialization need two things to effectively fight those, being a weapon and armor.

This weapon could be a sword, axe, shovel, jukebox or hoe. Mages dont need a weapon due to macro's but for the most part they would use them.

Armor could be leather, gold, diamond, iron all of these varying in cost but are still needed to fight with the best conditions.

It seems that the Ranger is the only class that needs a third item to fight (arrows). casters need bones to replenish mana or gunpowder to blink but neither of these are completely necessary in a fight.

It doesn't seem fair that a single class is given a money sink like arrows. Many would argue that a ranger can use summon arrow to fix this problem but if you do the math if you constantly use summon arrow for a full hour you would get 1080 arrows... that is a full hour of playtime sitting there watching spam fly across the screen... and even then that is just enough to use up three bows. Not to mention the space that arrows take up in your inventory.

I am not saying that at level one rangers should not use arrows. Arrows are a necessary part of the economy. I am saying that at level 55 rangers should get a passive ability to basically make all bows they use infinity bows. This way lower level rangers (me) will still be forced to buy arrows and stimulate the economy but you also get a good pay off once you reach max level.

Thank you for your time.

~Von

EDIT: due to bad math, =P

Sweord

Glowstone
Well, I don't think arrows are too hard to find, really. I can get several stacks just fighting mobs when it gets dark. Not all in one night, but they do build up. Also, it would probably hurt the economy if once when rangers reach level 55 they no longer need arrows or infinity bows. Yeah, it takes a while to level, but some people level fast (unlike me :p ), and while they would need arrows for a time, some could level so fast they don't need as many as other rangers in training.

Also, it kind of makes sense that you would need arrows. Seeing as bows do 20 damage without using mana they need some form of payment to be usable.

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
It seriously is not that bad... It is not difficult at all to kill some chickens, cut some wood, and farm some gravel. I was a ranger back when we had autosave and there were absolutely ZERO chickens. Feathers were scarce and there was no summon arrow skill.
Infinity bows are also an important part of enchanting, they are probably the most needed enchanted weapon on the market. Making Rangers instantly have infinity bows once they hit lvl 55 would be taking away a special part of enchanting.

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
A) rangers are OP as fuck
B) you can summon arrows (i know its only 3 or something)
C) rangers are OP as fuck

You should be kicked for suggestion thread for this kind of stuff.

On topic infinite bows are the way to go.
They only arrow issue ive ever had is when using barrage and arrowstorm.
Both of these abilities use the exact amount of arrows.
So 1 barrage is 24 arrows on a 3 second CD arrowstorm is 15-30 on an 8 second cd.
Most fights last 30 seconds to 1 minute.
That's ~309 arrows in 30 seconds ~618 arrows in a 1 minute fight.
This is using Cd's when ever they are up.

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
You should be kicked for suggestion thread for this kind of stuff.

On topic infinite bows are the way to go.
They only arrow issue ive ever had is when using barrage and arrowstorm.
Both of these abilities use the exact amount of arrows.
So 1 barrage is 24 arrows on a 3 second CD arrowstorm is 15-30 on an 8 second cd.
Most fights last 30 seconds to 1 minute.
That's ~309 arrows in 30 seconds ~618 arrows in a 1 minute fight.

No...

If you're using 300-600 arrows each fight...you're not doing something right.

Sweord

Glowstone
Well, if you looked at this part:
Then you might notice he's saying you'd use this many if all you did was use those two abilities. I believe he's pointing out a large arrow usage skill that ignores infinity bows.

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
Then you might notice he's saying you'd use this many if all you did was use those two abilities. I believe he's pointing out a large arrow usage skill that ignores infinity bows.

Thanks for reading before posting.

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
So this is irrelevant information, cause no one uses (should use) these arrow intensive abilities each time they are up.

skittles32009

Legacy Supporter 7
if anything, i'd suggest lowering the arrow usage on each skill by a little.

you can't have your cake and eat it too :D

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
I would remove arrow storm and give rangers an escape ability. As of now, if you get to close to a ranger...you're dead. If the ranger doesn't suck, they just arrow storm and 24 arrows shoot out of their face. You can't out dps 24 arrows even as a ninja/thief. Not to mentioned they can still use their elemental effects.

Rangers should ONLY excel at long to medium range, they SHOULD lose if a melee hero can get to them. Rangers are still OP and need a high mat cost because of it. They still need a nerf aswell.

aceshooter11

Portal
No...

If you're using 300-600 arrows each fight...you're not doing something right.
Dont speak of what you know It takes over 300+ arrows to lvl each lvl after 40 ov er class have fireball which never runs out and swords that do but last a long time

and with summon arrow we can only kills 1.5 mobs per 25 seconds

Plasma78

Legacy Supporter 7
I would remove arrow storm and give rangers an escape ability. As of now, if you get to close to a ranger...you're dead. If the ranger doesn't suck, they just arrow storm and 24 arrows shoot out of their face. You can't out dps 24 arrows even as a ninja/thief. Not to mentioned they can still use their elemental effects.

Rangers should ONLY excel at long to medium range, they SHOULD lose if a melee hero can get to them. Rangers are still OP and need a high mat cost because of it. They still need a nerf aswell.

if you managed to get next to a ranger.. that ranger sucks... they are a ranged attack and should never ever be close quarter combat.

as for fighting mobs a fully speced ranger should be able to two shot a mob with there arrow skills, no probs.
except for creepers.... they got that tough cactus skin..

B

Bingy1218

My opinion is that bows in general need arrows otherwise using them would be completely illogical firing arrows without arrows? Ad IMO that rangers are actually very strong if u can actually aim my friend is a level 41 and can kill fully armoured dragoon it just depends on skill.i do agree though that spells for casters need some changing and from what I've heard the development team re working very hard sogive it time and wait.

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4
Dont speak of what you know It takes over 300+ arrows to lvl each lvl after 40 ov er class have fireball which never runs out and swords that do but last a long time

Not at all what im saying...

...no shit it takes more than 300 arrows to lvl.

Thoth

Legacy Supporter 4

Not at all what im saying...

...no shit it takes more than 300 arrows to lvl.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
You don't have to use diamonds to make a bow. It is not much pricier at all to be a ranger than a warrior or one of the other rogues.