• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How fast is your internet?

Xelarator1

Obsidian
Wow that necro Wonderboy.

But i really need to update my speeds...

4579541404.png

4577464239.png

Send help.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6

^^^^^^^Is my internet to a server in Oslo, Norway (50+- km away)

^^^^^ Is my internet to a server in Austin, Texas which might be close to where the HC servers are hosted.
Can't believe this is the same provider as I am using right now.
4581770772.png

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

This is my current internet at my Girlfriends.

My old internet was 8 Download, 3 upload, and usually 150-200 ping.
Yep. Quality. Oh, we use the same provider and plan.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
4584132803.png

General Philippine internet. New modem gave me faster speeds, but no changes in ping, unfortunately.
Damn, the worst part is that it is still faster than 57% of the Philippines. Probably very difficult to keep quality internet in a nation of many islands such as the Philippines.

kenster1092

Legacy Supporter 1
Damn, the worst part is that it is still faster than 57% of the Philippines. Probably very difficult to keep quality internet in a nation of many islands such as the Philippines.
The fact that we are composed of 7,107 islands is only a small factor. The main factor is corruption. I've done my research and, while it's already in the past, the perfect example of corruption is, when Typhoon Yolanda swept our way, many countries sent millions of dollars worth aid to the Philippines. Guess what? Out of all that, only 11% were actually donated, and the 89% was kept in the rich assholes' pockets.

Corruption is detrimental to development. The consequence is low governmental budget -> low-quality everything

Sorry for getting off-topic, but yeah. I kinda hope, with the ending of my mother's American Social Security benefits as my caretaker once I hit 16, that we might move back to the U.S. so that I can build my own PC, get faster internet, and enjoy everything the Philippines doesn't have over there.