• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

How fast is your internet?

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
I just did the test and I have terrible internet, however it may have to do with the fact that I'm sharing it with 4 other people all the time...

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I just did the test and I have terrible internet, however it may have to do with the fact that I'm sharing it with 4 other people all the time...
I'm sharing mine with 5, 4, or 3 people (depending on time) :L

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
Time to upgrade:
2676172493.png

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8

As I'm not hosting servers locally anymore it is down to that. I wish I had the physical space to be able to put my server stack back up in my house with proper heating/cooling and get a 50/50 pipe again.

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Since I'm a lazy ass who don't care to use ethernetcable atm do I not get faster internet than around 60..

2679024978.png

(this is my connection to a server in Oslo),
However if I use cable, and connect sometime suring the night it happens (some times) that I get higher than 80 mbps :O

2679033919.png

(my connection to a server in Dallas).

Royfaren

Legacy Supporter 6
EvilThors = good. I've never seen 60 Mb/s upload... I've had .34 Download 2 Upload at a relative's house = bad.

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
And now for my home..
2674366074.png

Yet that is definitely not what I am supposed to be getting...

Time to call the cable company! lol

Here is mine

What is considered good, and what is considered bad? lol Obviously mine is baaddd

Generally, I wouldn't sign up for internet slower than 30 (don't worry about the units of measurement, you don't need to understand them).

Comcast doubled the speeds in my area for free, I actually am paying for 30 but getting 60. Anything above 60 in America might be considered "Business Class".

Of course, what they mean is like home-ran business. Any real-deal organization will spend way more on their internet bill. I work at a college IT department and we have a network of about 2500 workstations and each gets internet speeds of like 50, even if they are all in use at once.

^Now that's Business class internet. Fiber optic cables between the buildings and stuff.

Also, people getting over 60 paying for "Business Class" internet need to look out for Google Fiber. It's only available in Kansas City right now but basically Google is insulted at how poor America's network infastructure is and they are just re-doing it themselves. Promising gigabit speeds (that's 1000 megabits and you only have 11 of those Ravynn) for around $70+ a month. Now that's a great deal.

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
yeah, we have 3 computers and 2 tv's streaming plus kindles going all at the same time LOL I dont think there is another service provider in our area tho... we have tried to find one before....

spartanfan17

Legacy Supporter 2
2680198478.png

The sad part is I have Comcast's fastest plan >.< I should be getting like 30 mbps download and 5 mbps upload What should I do about this?