• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT 5v5 PvP Tournament - March 2013

Ellron23

Legacy Supporter 3
You're leaving out that we have fixed the causes of that lag (Item frames with maps, Citizens and a couple other plugins we pulled) and now I've not noticed any server lag for well over a week.
Danda, I appreciate all the work that you and other staff have done to improve the server.
I do agree, the server is running very well as of late, but I still don't trust it 100%. Sometimes you get random block lag, and random skill lag.
I just hoped it might be possible to mitigate these undesirable effects by hosting the tournament on the test server.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Good good then, I don't see much issue with it at that point.

Although I like this idea for a tournament I also feel that with the tournament only 3 days off changing the format dramatically is to much.
I would love a tournament that every warps into naked and then has 5 minutes to prepare their gear and then fights with what supplies are given but this changes the field so dramatically that I would urge it to wait until next tournament so people can have time to come up with strategies and plans to make the best use of it.
Oh I agree it's far too late to start planning it for this tournament but I was more thinking of this for the next one. Plus it would take a while to plan out and design a good balance of items for each team.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
How about you stick both teams into a 1x1x2 hole and put a piece of glass on top so nobody can jump out.

macura

Diamond
We should do something completely different this time.

Allow the teams to build/destroy in the area and we just restore it every round.
Admins - whatcha think?
Restrict what blocks can be placed, no lava, fire, obby and possibly not water.

TheMrLief

Legacy Supporter 7
We should do something completely different this time.

Allow the teams to build/destroy in the area and we just restore it every round.
Admins - whatcha think?
Does that mean the player's are going to be bring pickaxes in?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Danda, I appreciate all the work that you and other staff have done to improve the server.
I do agree, the server is running very well as of late, but I still don't trust it 100%. Sometimes you get random block lag, and random skill lag.
I just hoped it might be possible to mitigate these undesirable effects by hosting the tournament on the test server.
In its current status, the test server is quite broken.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Should do the tourney on 1.4.7, give all the participants a 1.4.7 jar/client. Play on test server, livestream and record. Thoughts?

EzMac2099

TNT
Team Name: Goodfellas
Leader:
-1 EzMac2099
Fighters:
-2 Midnight_Storm67
-3 FrankyDemon1996
-4 Scycor
-5 Jacobpanther
Subs:
-a whale109