• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Archeology [The Lore Project]

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Minor wording modifications to better mesh with what @strongholdx created. Gods are now "The First", and demi-gods are "The Council"

Iarbobray

Legacy Supporter 2
I can't wait to see what you have in store for endermen. (Or possibly farlanders...?)

I can imagine them being passives souls that hate their form and attack those who look at them but just want to be left in peace.

Everyone who works on this deserves a cookie. Actually, a box of cookies.

ForTehZZZ

Coal
Are you going to do anything on townships? Like their creation?

Or are you going to explain where humans came from first? That would make sense.. :D

If your going to explain Townships, I would not mind writing something about District 101 and the area around it.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Right now I'm not touching townships, dealing more with server-wide information and events. However, if citizens of different towns want to write up a blurb on how their town was created, I'd have no problem integrating it into everything once all the lore is compiled.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Updated with the Dragon statue as a guardian of the Multiverse's primary settlements, and Moderators (called Overseers).

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Added spells. Differentiated between Sanctum-age and Zeal-age magics. Compiling ideas for the Sanctum - Zeal transition; will need to collaborate with the others, though.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
Kainzo mentioned in the meeting the possibility of events where a staff member takes on the persona of a notorious player to serve as a "boss fight", specifically naming Bargraphics. What about making lore about people who would qualify for that?
Perhaps even expand it to the ones who have bowed out gracefully like Libra. They could be shades created by the memories of the souls that still inhabit the multiverse, only acting as per their reputations rather than being actual souls, or corrupt ones that retain their Hero identities because of their strong personalities, or something else.

I would suggest not adding any specific people until they're actually utilized for something, maybe with exceptions, but whatever works.
Also, random thought: Call them Saints, but include the baddies anyways. It just feels right. To me. imo.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Yeah, I saw that in the notes. Unfortunately I was unable to make the meeting. That's something that one of our projects that needs a little kick-start. I personally tend to ignore issues of individuals because I don't give a shit, so I won't be able to do the idea-gathering, more of the writing and editing on the event reenactments.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
So could you do up something about them as a class of being like Guardians or the corrupt Souls? That would probably be best, individual lore could come later or be gathered by other folks.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Hmm. Probably because I wasn't around much in map 2 due to school, so i don't remember much of it. Someone will need to give me the details on the name of the place, etc so i can fill things in. How long did that map last, anyway?

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
that one was a few months, and it didnt have a name =P, the name of spawn was Spawn Tower. But the first kingdom was built on that map, EIC was its initials, talk to dagothaganim about it, he was the king of it.
For plugins, the first attempt at some sort of leveling plugin was made on that map. I have a headache atm and cant remember much, I'll post more info tomorrow if i can.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Ah, right I remember that now. The weird thing where you would sometimes get double drops depending on your level. I'll have to think about it.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Added spells. Differentiated between Sanctum-age and Zeal-age magics. Compiling ideas for the Sanctum - Zeal transition; will need to collaborate with the others, though.
Don't forget Runecraft in the two Pre-Zeal ages! Different times indeed. It might also be interesting in the lore to note that before the first public map (we're on the fourth one now) there were many, many maps that the founders played on privately, getting a hang of MC before making a public map.

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
Don't forget Runecraft in the two Pre-Zeal ages! Different times indeed. It might also be interesting in the lore to note that before the first public map (we're on the fourth one now) there were many, many maps that the founders played on privately, getting a hang of MC before making a public map.

Runecraft was Pre-Sanctum :p just a correction.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Update: The Living World. Explains the population of passive mobs, wolves, and slimes. Leaves room for the arrival of NPCs.

Dorea, it's kind of implied that the Founders were here before everyone else, but I could make it more verbally direct.

I'm thinking that since there is so little difference in game mechanics between the second map and Sanctum that I may just leave it combined. It was kinda an in-between in terms of "magic" and levels, and would flow better lore-wise if I keep it as I have now. What do you guys think?

Hoping to have a meeting today where the Sanctum-Zeal transition can be discussed so i can write that up.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Dorea, it's kind of implied that the Founders were here before everyone else, but I could make it more verbally direct.
Haha, of course they were, but we just don't count those maps I guess. I'm talking about the September-October map and the November-December map, the first two of the four public maps, both of which had Runecraft.

EDIT:
Two Pre-Sanctum, nameless ageless.
What the hell? I have no idea what I was trying to type.