• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Herocraft Archeology [The Lore Project]

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Okay, aggressive mob lore added. "Enemy in the Shadows".

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
Do you have plans for the Ghasts, maybe for them to be the souls of the Creepers not destroyed as the Heroes originally thought, but actually ripped through dimensions into the Nether? It makes sense to me, as both Creepers and Ghasts destroy the environment, targeting only the living Heroes.
Feel free to use or not use this as you wish. :D

And Doreagarde, I think that is a great way to have the Mods in the Lore, however I'll leave the actual Lore to the Loremasters. ;)

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
What about the other high-level staff? Seratt and Alente and the aberration we call Brutalacerate, among others? I think the pantheon is bigger than that. (Although I suspect that you considered this already, juuust checkin')

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
What about the other high-level staff? Seratt and Alente and the aberration we call Brutalacerate, among others?
Demi-gods
These are the original souls. The first to pass through the barrier into the Multiverse. Having proven their undying loyalty and devotion to that what is the Multiverse, they are seen as second only to Kainzo and Apherdite themselves. These souls were given the ability and rights to affect the world in almost the same fashion as the Gods. However, the defining difference is unlike the Gods, these souls given demi-god status were granted the skills imparted on their position. They do not contain within them the innate understanding that the Gods do, and therefore are under a certain level of control which they can not overcome. The demigods given reign to assist the rule of the Two are: Lucky644, Brutalacerate, Badhaddy, Seratt, SeytonDiablo and Neo_Exdeath.
Although, you are right that Alente isnt mentioned.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
ah, whoops. I thought I read that. /slap self

Although I'd consider Seratt and Seyton equals with Kainzo, by virtue of being Founders. Just a little less prominent in the affairs of the realms. Unless there's some other obvious facet I'm missing. In which case I'll just shut up and go away. ><"

Angusward

Gold
Well written as always.

What other aspects of the world are left to write about? The old spell/spell dungeon system, the newer abilities (That is, how the lost souls gain them and become more proficient in them.)

Anything else? Regioning and towns, perhaps, the war shard, herogates, Possibly the chronicles of some of the towns, the siege of Madlum, The evil kingdom of Blasphemy...

Looks like you're not out of things to write about just yet.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
You guys are giving me all kinds of things to work on, keep it up!

I don't want to clutter up the ruling caste. For now I'll leave other founders where they are because it makes more sense to have less at the top; maybe have them be the highest-ranking demi-gods. Unless they or Kain/Aph want them more involved, in which case I'll adjust it. Hmm, maybe I should look at the staff page, my memory is not serving me well, haha!

Ghasts... ghasts.. ah, jeez, let's see. I wanted the tormented-soul chain to end with creepers. Although i suppose if the Pig Zombie souls can get to the nether, so can the angry ones. I'll have to do that, tormented souls that followed the calmer ones to the nether.

Still have to write about Mods, just with a different name.

Heroes training I can put into that section, sure. Anything to flesh it out is good. @Angusward most of the stuff you mentioned is from the Sanctum map, which I haven't really touched yet . The spells make a good intro to heroes, yeah. The problem with me putting towns and organizations into what I'm doing is if I write about, say, Madlum and MOB claiming they were large events that affected the server, then I would have to debate with everyone about whether what their kingdom or town or group of buddies did and whether it should be added. I think for now I will not refer to these things by name, just describe the occurrence of such things

And you are quite correct, I have yet to run out of things to wirte about!

Angusward

Gold
I'm taking a particular interest in this project since I've been wanting to do a similar one for a while now (But I'm too busy/lazy)

Ghasts themselves don't need to be tormented souls, since they don't seem particularly threatening despite their appearance. In fact, I find them rather cute. Like slimes or passive mobs (And spiders too, I was considering), it could be that they are simply a creature native to the nether. As that plane is more dangerous and threatening, it makes sense that the creatures within have evolved to survive in such conditions.

As to the MOB and Madlum stuff, you're right, since in the scheme of things both events were quite low-key, though they were fairly well known in their time.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Ghasts themselves don't need to be tormented souls, since they don't seem particularly threatening despite their appearance. In fact, I find them rather cute. Like slimes or passive mobs (And spiders too, I was considering), it could be that they are simply a creature native to the nether. As that plane is more dangerous and threatening, it makes sense that the creatures within have evolved to survive in such conditions.

Except they spit exploding fireballs at you on sight :confused:. I will likely not use the tormented soul thing, but change it to go along with part of what @strongholdx wrote in his story. I'm going to talk to him probably this weekend, but they may end up being something not of Kainzo's or the Multiverse's creations. If you haven't read what he wrote, i suggest it. He introduces a concept of an enemy I'm going to try to work into what I am writing, to make things a little more interesting ;).

Feel free to write whatever you want! If you have an idea, go with it and we can review it to see if it meshes with the lore we are trying to develop. Once we get enough content together, it will be combined and catalogued into a sort of Herocraft codex.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
If you'd like, I can write some pieces regarding NOVA, the Madlum blockade, The S.S.S. and other things I might remember. I didn't reaed too much ITT, so will we have a lore section on Herowiki?

Angusward

Gold
I like it. I wrote this little piece about this topic here, I figure that accounts of such events may add some interesting flavour to the overall text. Dunno if the action would be reversed, but if it isn't, that would be awesome too. Depending on the reception, I'll probably tidy it up and finish it off later, if I can get the co-ordinates I could build a small shrine on the edge with a short version of the tale. I rather like lore.

Excerpt from "Seratt's Fable", Zeal era:

"The noble Seratt, having made the decision in favour of the original inhabitant, considered the matter closed for good. However, the two, Mitchodak and Pierst, contacted the Demigod Brutal to reverse the decision. Seratt, in his infinite annoyance, claimed that land for himself, such that no mere soul may ever touch it. Unsullied to this day, inhabitants of Zeal refer to it as the "Plain of Seratt"."

@weynard: That's actually a good idea, having a "lore" page on the wiki.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Yes, there will be a lore section on the wiki eventually. One part for the style of writing I am doing, and then a section with all of the "tales".

@Angusward Little stories like that could be used to add flavor to specific people/locations (just try not to make anyone mad, haha. And isn't peirst the one who owned the tower in question?).

@weynard I think this will help you: http://www.herocraftonline.com/wiki/index.php/Town:KOE

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
I was referring to seratt's "infinite annoyance" :D. Maybe word it as his "show of authority" or something, haha.

Angusward

Gold
Guess you're right. I originally wrote it slightly tongue in cheek, but I edited it to be a bit more serious and missed that part. I'm rewriting it anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

Notes:
The shrine is not built yet. I intend to do so once I find the location of this occurence. If you know, please state it below and I'll do it when I have time.

Naturally, the events have been simplified somewhat to make for a more straightforward tale in the style of a fable, such as Brutalacerate's ruling. As a result, some parts have been dramatized slightly, especially the closing moral.

The Tale of Architects' Folly (Zeal Era)

Once upon a time, in the land of Zeal, there resided a soul named Pierst. For many years he laboured on what he felt was one of his greatest creations: A pair of massive towers. A builder named Mitchodak saw the bountiful land upon which the towers rested, and desired that land for himself and his people, and demanded that the two towers be demolished. Pierst did not agree to this, and eventually they decided to take the matter to be judged by the authority of the Gods.

Seratt himself deigned to make the judgement between the two builders, and decided in favour of the original inhabitant, Pierst, meaning that Mitchodak would be forced to move his structures elsewhere. Seeking a more convenient conclusion to the argument, the two souls decided to take their argument elsewhere, to the Demigod Brutalacerate, who settled the matter in favour of Mitchodak.

His authority undermined by the actions of the two builders, Seratt claimed the area for himself in his wrath, such that no mere soul may ever covet it again. Unsullied to this day, as nobody is capable of building or digging upon it, the land claimed by Seratt has come to be known as "Architects' Folly", and a small shrine has been built at the edge in his honour.

Question not the will of the gods, nor seek to undermine them, or evil will befall you.

weynard

Legacy Supporter 8
NOVA

Protagonists:​

Libra - thetxlibra​
Longhorns - Myutlonghorns​
Aussie "Dingbat" -AussieDingbat​
Kami -KamiCosmic​
Suuung - suungkim​
"The Trip" - Mattripp​
Matt - MattMellander​
Alex "TheParrot" - AlexDaParrot​
Deesabu​
Tails - ninjatails​
Vigilante - Vigilante212​
Weynard - weynard​
Jesse - Jesse3333​
Nate - Nater_Tater​
Wolfgang- wolfgang784​
and Zellis - ZELLIS​

Once upon a time, long before humanity discovered the fifth continent, there was a group of brave men and women, settlers with all the different kinds of heritage you could imagine, who took on themselves the enormous task to tame the rough wilderness of the south.

When the world outside the outpost's walls was opened to public exploration and exploitation, they took off into the great unknown- they had prepared for their adventure for a long time before embarking on such a perilous journey.
Even as they made their way through the seemingly endless woods, they were constantly attacked by the foul creatures that even today infest the land.

After a long and tedious journey, they reached the shore of a great sea- almost impossible to cross. Luckily, they soon learned of an alternative route. By the time they had circuvented the large bay, a great many men were tired- when would they finally find their Utopia?
It was then that the leaders of the group, the honourable Libra and one going by the name of "Longhorns", decided that they would soon reach their destination.

Yet again, hour after hour passed and slowly but surely, it became apparent what they were speaking of. The settlers were approaching a giant mountain that dwarfed everything they had seen before. "At the southern foot of that hill", they said, "we will find our fortune".

Among the many, nowadays nameless men that had followed the two leaders were some that history has not yet fully forgotten. From the dusty old tomes that were later salvaged and stored in the S.S.S. archives, we know some of the names of Libra's comrades: Aussie "Dingbat" , Alex "The Parrot", "The Druid" and "The Trip", Kami, Suuung, Matt, Tails, Vigilante, Weynard, Jesse, Nate, Wolfgang and Zellis.

And so, ages, as it seemed to them, after the beginning of their journey, they reached a valley that was perfect for founding a town; the great sea and its shores that had been their companions to the east, to the north, the west and to the south mountains with cliffs almost as steep as the side walls of a trapper's pitfall, a nice little pond near the centre and trees as far as one could cast his eyes.

When the settlers had recovered from the stunning view from the slopes of the nothern mountain, Longhorns ordered his people to build shelter for the night and so, the first three buildings of their new town, NOVA City, were built; a bastion for shelter, a storehouse and a coastal safehouse.

During the construction efforts, many men were killed by the fiends that roamed the nightly woods and so a
man-high wall to seal off the only two existing ways into the valley, a canyon to the northwest and the terrain between the coast and the mountain to the southeast, was built from the dirt of the surrounding area.
Then the citizens began to settle down in their newly created town; houses were built left and right, the town was thriving and filled with activity. As a result, the storehouse was moved to the edge of the valley to make way for the new town square where the guidelines of NOVA were inscribed.

As the first houses were built, the town quickly took shape. In rapid succession, roads were laid down throughout the township, tunnels were forced into the mountains to the north and south to ease access to the surrounding area, a new, tall and thick wall and a neat bridge across the pond was built, city gates and towers erected and a resourceful mine was laid out that soon ran deep and produced only the mostz precious of metals. The stone went directly towards the city fortificications, the gold and diamonds were stored in the newly created bankhouse. Everyone was happy and eager to serve Libra- and also sad to mourn the passing of good ol' Longhorns, who never returned from one of his hunting trips.

As the town prospered, it rapidly grew and the need to enlarge the city defences became ever the more apparent. When it came to public construction, every officer had his responsibility:
Aussie and his men built the roads, both those in the area and one all the way back to the settler camp- only few settlements could afford such a costly project at the time.
Weynard and his group built the new walls of NOVA. Eight metres thick and impenetrable like bedrock, they made the town's defences an unprecedented show of power.
Libra was still responsible for running the town's everyday affairs- he greeted new citizens, introduced them to everyone and designed ambitious public construction projects.
Mat "The Trip" kept an eye on the city coffers. As town banker it was his responsibility to ensure NOVA always had enough coins in their chest to complete its projects.
Wid "The Druid" Made sure the storage was filled at all times. he and his resource gathering team along with the town architects and miners drew a big shaft into the western mountain, all the way down to the lowest levels of the mines- his magic even made it possible to let plants grow underground!

With the help of all these capable and valuable men NOVA soon became a town to equal even the most powerful other settlement- Fiore of the north, founded by old friends of the NOVA town council, had founded the Kingdom of Edolas, a lot similar to NOVA's own organization, The Omniscience Project.
The two became close allies and friends and fought a great many battles with each other, most notably was their participation at the Madlum Blockade, where they held their ground against the forces of evil. This battle is even today considered one of the greatest accomplishments of mankind.

But as time passed, the glorious leader grew ill. Of reasons unknown and beyond the understanding of all doctros and druids, He seemed absent and distraught, sometimes like in a trance or paralysis to a degree that Libra could no longer fulfill his duties as mayor of NOVA.
When the time came for the beloved leader to renounce his title, votes were held to decided upon a successor. As a result, the honorable AussieDingbat was elected mayor of the city. He included Weynard into the TOP council as his Second in Command, appointed Mattripp new town banker and Zellis is representative.
Under his reign, the top part of the western mountain was almost completely hollowed out to serve as an apartment complex with great view that found great success.
Meantime, Weynard issued the construction of a secret underwater complex to the southeast. It is said that only he, Aussie, Zellis and one other man knew of it. It measured more than 17 thousand cubic metres and was intended to be a sacrifice to the gods for use as a trial ground.
By that time, NOVA's sister towns Cliff Haven under command of the honorable MattMellander to the northwest and Artemis with the honorable Alex "The Parrot" as mayor, to the southwest were founded. Both became members of the TOP and their mayors and Second in Commands were included in the TOP council which strived to create a glorious kingdom.

However, such great power and fortune are bound to attract envious eyes. The foul Kingdom of Blasphemy sought to destroy it, as well as a ruthless and despicable organization called "The Assassins Guild". Both of them involved NOVA and the TOP in a long, bloody and drawn-out war. The enemies of NOVA were many, and construction projects had to be halted- the entertainment quarter, the harbour and the mountaintop residences were never finished.
As the war dragged on, many disillusioned citizens started to leave the town for greener pastures. Weynard, who had taken over mayoral duties as well as TOP presidency due to the wounded AussieDingbat being unable to fulfill them, was rendered unavailable himself when a group of carousing Edolasians involved him in a fist fight by mistake during a Blasphemian attack- he, too, was wounded severly and brought to an unknown loaction for treatment.

At the time of NOVA's greatest weakness, a man with cunning and contempt for the peaceful ideals of TOP usurped the post of mayor. Zellis, one of the longest standing members of the city council, had been a Blasphemian spy. This eager servant to his crooked, evil overlords, despite having deserted the town shortly before, wasted no time in declaring that NOVA would change it's allegiance and, in defiance of all NOVA and TOP laws, abandon peace for bloodshed and tyranny.
When Weynard returned, he was told that not only had AussieDingbat vanished from his bed completely on night, but also that his beloved town has fallen into the hands of the enemy by means of treachery and foulness. In a rage and unable to retake the town all by himself, he prayed to the gods for a just response to such evil deeds.

His prayers were answered.
Only a few days thereafter, Zellis and many of the Blasphemians had been punished by god for their abnormal behaviour.
NOVA was, once again, in caring hands.

However, Weynard came too late.
He saw that his town, that held the dreams of so many men and women, would neither come back to life nor to it's former glory.
It had turned into a corrupted area filled with the foulness of Blasphemy's demons. The longer he stayed, the more did those forces affect even him. At a time when his soul was far beyond saving, he decided to go into exile and leave the remainder of NOVA to the hands of whoever would step up.

"The Trip", who had earlier sided with Zellis, took over as mayor. He ordered rigorous changes to be made to the town, for example the removal of all walls and towers and the destruction of the uncompleted harbour among other things.
Yet he still left the houses of AussieDingbat and Weynard untouched- and had signs placed on them declaring those dwellings to be the shrines to two great leaders that were met by the most ungainly circumstances.

Here end the recordings of the accessible NOVA chronicles, any further volumes have been either robbed or were burnt in the Great Fire that ultimately lead to the departure of mankind from the fourth continent.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now what'cha say huh?

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Alright, looks like something to build off of :) I'll leave it as it is for now and bookmark it. We'll fit it in once there is more of other stuff to work with. Thanks!

Also, will be writing small blurbs for "Dangerous Enemies" (Event bosses) with the advent of Kainzo being able to take the form of monsters and run events that way. First one will be Ramuk, the Destroyer! Rawr!

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Note to self:
  • Explain slimes and wolves, and other passive mobs while you're at it
  • Explain Dragon statue
  • Work out demon realm
    • Talk to @strongholdx about the demon realm in his story, and the demon Dagoth (I think). Possible Lost soul with the ability Kainzo had who created a bubble of existence in the Multiverse for himself - recurring enemy.
  • Still need Mods

strongholdx

Legacy Supporter 6
Note to self:
  • Explain slimes and wolves, and other passive mobs while you're at it
  • Explain Dragon statue
  • Work out demon realm
    • Talk to @strongholdx about the demon realm in his story, and the demon Dagoth (I think). Possible Lost soul with the ability Kainzo had who created a bubble of existence in the Multiverse for himself - recurring enemy.
  • Still need Mods

Should be Dagith-Narr, Its misspelled in the last chapter for a reason

Im in TS right now get with me if you can