• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Disable Mobs Spawning under y=60

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
3. People aren't supposed to go down into caves and kill them, that's illegal. The only reason to have mobs below level 60 is just to keep the 'hardcore' experience. That's the only reason I have come across so far about keeping the mobs.

What? Since when was it illegal to go into a cave, find a mob and kill it? Modifying the cave to make it into a dark room is illegal, but finding a naturally made one is not.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't think I made the first response clear. People who make above ground darkrooms are stupid. Fucking stupid. That's why nearly all the time they get caught. Smarter cheaters know to disguise mob grinder darkrooms as cave systems and mined out areas with a few torches. These people you do not catch most of the time since it is so hard to prove it. Of course there are just full on darkrooms underground, which you guys do find, but those are once again, made by stupid people. Mob grinders are also a bit problem. No mobs = no grinder abuse.

Also, people aren't meant to go down into caves and shit and search for mobs, that was made illegal. Why keep mobs underground when everything you do with the is considered illegal now.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
What? Since when was it illegal to go into a cave, find a mob and kill it? Modifying the cave to make it into a dark room is illegal, but finding a naturally made one is not.
I was under the impression from past warnings to other players that you were not allowed to purposely go down and spend time in a cave to kill mobs, as this is too close to a darkroom.

Angyles

Legacy Supporter 7
Also, people aren't meant to go down into caves and shit and search for mobs, that was made illegal. Why keep mobs underground when everything you do with the is considered illegal now.

Again when was it made a rule you could not go into a cave and search for mobs? Per Danda that has NEVER been a rule.

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Angyles
My mistake, was under the wrong impression. However, I do still strongly support no mobs below the 60 mark. I believe it solves more problems then it creates.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
I appreciate what you are trying to do with this thread, and I agree that it would be more hardcore to run through an army of hard hitting zombies that give less XP (would be necessary if there were so many mobs you wanted to AVOID the larger clumps) than to die to one creeper underground.

I don't think I made the first response clear. People who make above ground darkrooms are stupid. Fucking stupid. That's why nearly all the time they get caught.

I may be incorrect, but it was my impression that almost since the start of the map, a group of senior players took an extreme hills biome that was full of caves, regioned it with their town, and used it as a LEGAL cave to find mobs in. This regioned cave-to-find-mobs-in is of course under Thornhollow, and it is all above y=60.

Are we going to exchange swamp leveling for a bunch of extreme hill cave leveling?

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
I appreciate what you are trying to do with this thread, and I agree that it would be more hardcore to run through an army of hard hitting zombies that give less XP (would be necessary if there were so many mobs you wanted to AVOID the larger clumps) than to die to one creeper underground.

I may be incorrect, but it was my impression that almost since the start of the map, a group of senior players took an extreme hills biome that was full of caves, regioned it with their town, and used it as a LEGAL cave to find mobs in. This regioned cave-to-find-mobs-in is of course under Thornhollow, and it is all above y=60.

Are we going to exchange swamp leveling for a bunch of extreme hill cave leveling?
The main point of doing this system where mobs don't spawn underground is to remove mobs from lagging the server. What tc did was smart, but every one can do it, and its really not that bad if its just in hills. The point of this idea is to really reduce the server lag.

Also, we will certainly not be removing swamp levelling. This system ensures that will still be available by having swamps at around 64/65, while this system removes mobs below 60.