• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Bastion] New Spawn

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
HeroCrafters,

I have recently taken on the project of rebuilding Bastion spawn to make people want to spend more time there and get a good use out of spawn. At the moment spawn does not offer much more than the DHX. I have some really neat ideas to bring more people to spawn but I want to get ideas from the people that matter. YOU. The members are what keeps this server alive, whether you donate or not, you are all of value to the server. This is your chance to have one of your ideas implemented.

If one of your ideas is used in the creation of the new spawn I will gladly list you in the credits when the new spawn is released.

Please follow the template below to keep things organized: (All fields are not mandatory but highly encouraged.)

Suggestion Title:
Brief Description:
What good will this bring to the server:
Detailed Description:

I would like to thank you all ahead of time for any suggestions posted on this thread. Please stay on topic so this thread does not get too spammed.

Very Respectfully,

-Gavin Wright

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
iGavinnn
Honestly, I like the current layout of the spawn - more fixtures could be added to make it look more "lived". More features for players to use would be nice - but we also dont want to take away from towns / other areas either.

The re-design of the center portal to the Nexus could probably be changed, I did it very quick just to get something out there.

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8
Kainzo
That is what I am aiming for more features to make it more lived/active. I was just thinking possibly some minigames. Nevinryal suggested a checker board I think that is a really neat idea.

Also I do not have permission to build at the foutain so if that could be fixed I will gladly rebuild that :)

ShadowRavynn

Max Legacy Supporter
Suggestion Title: Mall

Detailed Description: Personally, I really think we need some kind of central marketplace. And I know there is the black market and shops all over the world. However, "normal" people, such as myself, are not going to take the risk of going to the shops in an unprotected area. PRIME EXAMPLE: I stepped a couple steps too far the other day; I lost over 4 stacks of gold ore and some ingots plus whatever else I had on me.

People have mentioned a few times about the economy, trade, shops etc. I think the shops on the roadways are fine. However, what if we made a marketplace / mall that was in a protected area with higher rent? You could have different sized plots allowing different chest setups. A small shop could be a single chest, then next a double chest, then another plot could contain around 5 double chests, etc. Can charge extra for a "roomier" area so the shop owner can "beautify" their area more. Someone mentioned earlier in another post today that we need money sinks. More costly & protected spawn "mall" plots (to be used for ONLY shops) could be a good one. Here are some benefits:
  1. More people needing ports, more moving of money for said ports.
  2. More people wanting to trade various items, therefore, more items available to newer people on server.
  3. More traffic to the spawn - and everyone has to leave somehow, could pick up on pvp a bit if people don't recall back to their point. I know several people who don't have a recall set to their house, but instead to a town to raid or something else.
And I apologize for not being strictly within the format, iGavinn. :cool: <3 ~Ravynn~

iGavinnn

Legacy Supporter 8

Detailed Description: Personally, I really think we need some kind of central marketplace. And I know there is the black market and shops all over the world. However, "normal" people, such as myself, are not going to take the risk of going to the shops in an unprotected area. PRIME EXAMPLE: I stepped a couple steps too far the other day; I lost over 4 stacks of gold ore and some ingots plus whatever else I had on me.

People have mentioned a few times about the economy, trade, shops etc. I think the shops on the roadways are fine. However, what if we made a marketplace / mall that was in a protected area with higher rent? You could have different sized plots allowing different chest setups. A small shop could be a single chest, then next a double chest, then another plot could contain around 5 double chests, etc. Can charge extra for a "roomier" area so the shop owner can "beautify" their area more. Someone mentioned earlier in another post today that we need money sinks. More costly & protected spawn "mall" plots (to be used for ONLY shops) could be a good one. Here are some benefits:
  2. More people wanting to trade various items, therefore, more items available to newer people on server.
  3. More traffic to the spawn - and everyone has to leave somehow, could pick up on pvp a bit if people don't recall back to their point. I know several people who don't have a recall set to their house, but instead to a town to raid or something else.
And I apologize for not being strictly within the format, iGavinn. :cool: <3 ~Ravynn~

Love the idea, this may be a tough one to get people to agree upon though since others have already setup outside of spawn. I would love to see this idea put into action. Thank you for taking the time to type up this idea I will do my best to get it passed!

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2

Great idea!

itemten

Stone
Shadow, that is exactly how the last two servers I played on did their marketplaces/chest shops and it worked out perfectly. Here's what they did:
  • Three tiers of shops based on size and rent.
    • Stalls - for individuals. could host up to four to six chests.
    • Shops - Normally hosted by towns and rich players and come in two sizes (small and large). With towns hosting the large shops due to demands in rent.
  • A maximum number of chests per shop.
  • Shop owners may change the interior and the doorway of the shop but not the exterior so the building will match the surrounding city.
Here are a few ideas on spawn:
  1. Something off-the-wall: a pig racing track! It's totally do-able now and you could even have set times for races and possibly gambling. Doesn't have to be mario-kart complexity...just something simple like a straightaway or an oval would be best. EDIT: link to my post in suggestions thread: http://www.herocraftonline.com/main/threads/general-formula-swine.33934/
  2. Get rid of the black market (there are already too many shops) and have a protected central spawn marketplace with a limited number of lots and enforced rent (rent expires and your shop loses LWC). We could easily convert most of the existing buildings in the inner ring of Bastion into shop areas.
  3. NPC shops that sell basic items and equipment (wooden and stone). Assumes that NPCs actually work. ;)
  4. Blacksmith station that will repair and engrave items for you for a (hefty?) fee. town members normally do this for trades, cheap or free so it's not going to hurt anyone to do this. Plus, most players would have to be tp'd into town or walk back to spawn in order to repair/engrave items so relying on your town's blacksmith(s) would still be more efficient. Actually...didn't i see a sign for this somewhere in the city already?
  5. A graveyard for dubious perma-banned players. Mark gravestones for players that hacked or were banned with witty commentary. Previous server did public executions of "bad" players. Happy times for (almost) everyone!

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
As for marketplace, we just need more incentive for the Black Market to be used. I'm sure Kainzo and the team are working on that - Maybe get some ideas out for that here as well?

joshtsai

Legacy Supporter 2
A wild guess here, but I think the entrance to the Catacombs is in the Black Market.

10apes

Gold
I believe the spawn should be more interesting and appealing. The spawn right now is fine but, its just plain and boring. The decorations of the wall is too simple for my taste. Also there is not a lot of colors in the spawn. I think the spawn should include features like the market plsce but also a library, a park or garden, and more decorations. (Pool with waterslide). Right now the spawn its just another big city with only spawn plots. The spawn needs a story and a vivid theme so people's first impression of the server is creativity and a community. People are not impress with a huge city with walls but how you use the space inside your town in a creative and innovative way. Think of the spawn as your own town and think of what maked people inspired to do something innovative. (Sorry Kainzo and for all the people who worked on the spawn.)[DOUBLEPOST=1363398625,1363398560][/DOUBLEPOST]A rules board or information desk maybe

DefaultTexture

Legacy Supporter 4
I believe the spawn should be more interesting and appealing. The spawn right now is fine but, its just plain and boring. The decorations of the wall is too simple for my taste. Also there is not a lot of colors in the spawn. I think the spawn should include features like the market plsce but also a library, a park or garden, and more decorations. (Pool with waterslide). Right now the spawn its just another big city with only spawn plots. The spawn needs a story and a vivid theme so people's first impression of the server is creativity and a community. People are not impress with a huge city with walls but how you use the space inside your town in a creative and innovative way. Think of the spawn as your own town and think of what maked people inspired to do something innovative. (Sorry Kainzo and for all the people who worked on the spawn.)[DOUBLEPOST=1363398625,1363398560][/DOUBLEPOST]A rules board or information desk maybe
I agree, the spawn on DG was unique and amazing, Bastion spawn is just another castle on a hill, however fancy it may look.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree, the spawn on DG was unique and amazing, Bastion spawn is just another castle on a hill, however fancy it may look.
Eh, I actually prefer a castle style than a city style spawn - Hence me liking Kingdom's, Sanctum's, and Zeal's spawns so much (Though Sanctum was a hybrid Castle/Tower and city, it was nicer than Dragon in my opinion)

HoldMyPie

Legacy Supporter 8
Like your floating islands on BC? That was going to look amazing if you finished it...
Yeah, the one I used flyhacks for while all the admins were on lol. They didn't even care :p Rico even tp'd to me, pm'd me "Lol" and then started helping