• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [General] Formula Swine

Would you race in Formula Swine?

• Hell yeah! I'll smoke you bastards any day of the week!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • If there's money to be made.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a severe bacon allergy.

• Silly Item, pigs not transportation. ARE FOOD! NOM NOM NOM NOM!!

• Total voters

itemten

Stone
You know what Bastion needs? Pig-racing courses! This is totally do-able as of the previous updates! I posted a little bit of this on iGavinn's thread regarding spawn updates but i've reposted here to increase visibility. So without further delay i'm proposing the first server-wide (to me at least) Formula Swine circuit challenge!

The basic idea is to build a track(s) in a protected area and then let people buy a racing position. The winner earns the pool brought in by the other players. Items could also be awarded based on finishing position. If possible, people could gamble on the racers via announcements in a racing channel (something like "The race is about to begin! Place your bets! 1: So-and-so 2: the ugly one 3: that guy") and enter their bet via a /race command.

The pigs would be protected from any damage in the area and every racer would get be equipped with a carrot-on-a-stick when they arrive at their positions on the starting line and have it removed when they finished or left the course.

Thoughts so far:
  • Track types
    • Drag strip: lanes are partitioned and the course extends only in one direction.
    • Oval: absence of lane partitions and the addition of corners (Oooo!).
    • Kart-style: a mario kart style track. The strip and the oval are certainly more practical but why not make a rainbow road at Y:200 and have random pig riders fall off the track? Obstacles and traps are a must.
    • Gladiator: can deal damage to other players.
  • Coliseum - obviously we need an arena of sorts to be built by the track.
    • Could be something as simple as bleachers on one side of the track (works for horse races and drag strips irl)
    • Use note blocks to do the countdown and possibly starting chimes.
    • Use a series of pistons to do the light countdown and gates opening.
    • In kart style we could make so that audience members could control some of the traps/obstacles via button presses.
    • Could do a little "speed racer" fanfare with note blocks whenever somebody crosses the finish line.
  • Race Types
    • Team - towns and guilds can host racing teams to prove their honor on the track!
    • Duel - Go head to head against anyone.
    • Free for all - multiple entries and anybody can join.
  • Race commands
    • Join via a /race series of commands. "/race team join" "/race ffa join" "/race duel so-and-so"
    • Gamble via something like "/race bet 100 1" that would bet 100 coins on the person occupying the first partition on the starting line.
There are plenty of options to consider and we can make it as simple or as complex as needed.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I don't see this as much as a plugin as an admin-run event, in a *contest* created loop at spawn (we have a ton of space in spawn still...). In which case, I support the porcine effort.

Admins could organize gambling on races, and stuff. Cool idea!