• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

XP % loss on death.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm a long time player and most of you know I'm only here because this server continues to offer a hardcore non pussyfooting experience of herocraft.

I love the threat of PVP, I love the ability to earn XP and to choose a path and work towards a goal.

however as of lately I have seen the server take a hard turn towards controlling the leveling of those with no life or job. YES there are people on herocraft that bore holes in the ground for 10 or more hrs a day, however I'm not one of then (usually) you are really punishing the casual user of herocraft espically when they break the level 20ish mark.

The problem with this is the casual user is getting squeased out and the addict is just grinding, ok, sothe leveling is what it is we dont want a server FULL of masters of all, however we really need to take a look at Death XP loss, I got frustrated to the point I quit playing today for the entire day.

I have been level 34 for almost an entire week, today I gaind about 3000 xp, today I lost over 4000 xp... I even made a mining group and mined for a good 45 mins just to break even in the end.

I'm a crafter I die alot, skellys, zombies, pvp, building accidents, hell I lost 800xp in 2 days to suffocation on recall due to some server fuckup.

in the end what I'm trying to say is I enjoy danger and difficulty, but I hate grinding.

I'm not having fun with leveling anymore, its more of an effort for me just to keep my current XP then find any increases. Can we please have a discussion on XP loss for death at higher levels. I feel its out of control. I mean I gain .02 on a block and loose 400+ on death...

Sincerly,
Frustrated|Airbus101

Onep

Stone
I know what you mean Airbus. After I get past 15% exp I feel like I can't leave my cave or city for fear of death. I know death should be something to fear in game, but getting set back so far makes it border on paranoia.

R3xz

Glowstone
Make good alliances with people, and refrain from being aggressive in game, and run away from randoms with their sword out. That's how you survive, and that's how i do it too. I've only died about half a dozen times in this game ever to other people since this map came out live. I can name you more people than I could count with the fingers on my hand and the toes on my feet that have been killed more than me in the time that it take to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It's a sad and scary world out there in the land of herocraft, the only place you can almost find true peace is within the prison that you call a city wall. :)

I know the XP loss is bullshit, but at these moment in times it's best to not make a lot of interaction with other people you don't know that are near you, just until the adjustment is made. I duno what else to do really, and to be honest I haven't been playing much also due to stuff like this, I've been busying myself with other games and adjusting to real life stuff also. It's not fun to play a grind, nor it is fun to pretend you actually enjoy it. If it's something you truely don't enjoy you should stay away from it until you feel a need to go back again, I know you made a commitment to keep up your shop for other players in game who have found it to be useful, but if there are others out there who don't appreciate that and hunt you for gold or diamond all the time then i guess they don't deserve you. :p
This pretty much goes the same for Granny Gwawr, that have put out so much time for all of us yet some bitch kid keep getting into her home and ruining everything. And she never got any adequate amount of help returning it back to normal again. >__<

I completely agree lol. At the moment pvp isn't worth it at all xp wise. 31 exp compared to the hundreds that you could loose. Kinda ridiculous. However once a lot more people reach 50 then I think it won't matter much

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
i completly agree. I always the thought the insane xp loss was a bug, but apparently not. I have seen on more then one occasion people quit playing for the day or week because they were working hard for there level and someone comes and bed spawns them for a minute and they lost 2 hours worth of leveling.

What i think would be fair is a 60 xp loss, double that of what you gain for killing a player.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
My goal was to have higher exp loss, but Exp restore from resses just isnt working right now, so instead, we set it much lower.

1) you cant lose levels
2) you only lose the amount of exp towards your CURRENT level
3) as you level, no matter your class, you grow stronger and therefore shouldnt die as often (more hp / more skills)
4) we will always have exp loss on death, we're a legit server, its just the way it goes.
5) we originally had it set to 10%, moved it to 30% and now we're at 15%

The exp loss is a test in a lot of ways - I will resume it to 10% for the time being under further considerations can be made.

Will u then make slime balls more available? Because I have a very hard time trying to find slimed and when I do they don't drop them

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Will u then make slime balls more available? Because I have a very hard time trying to find slimed and when I do they don't drop them
Not interested in influencing the economy in that way - get with an alchemist.

Patch 2.42 - increased party bonus exp to 15% and reduced death exp to 10%

Eisbaer slime balls are what you use to revive people. So not at all random seeing as how he said reviving would then refund some of that exp back.