• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Why is Engineer still around?

Would you want Engineer to be removed/reworked?

• Total voters
Ever since the map restarted there has been no Engineers out there. At one point I was one but after about 2 months of it not helping at all I switched. Since then I have seen 2 other Engineers. I suggest that we remove the class all together and allow anybody to use the features it provides. This would help the server by giving people more freedom with pistons, sign code things, hoppers, and a decent amount more.

Pros of removing it:
More freedom for players.
Less time spent leveling a useless class.
Less restriction on towns, private regions, and spawn plots.

Cons of removing it:
Players who have already mastered/play it would lose the perks. (could be balanced with a free title or something)
One less class to chose from.
Would ruin value of placing pistons and hoppers and such.

Overall I think it would be a good thing for the server because it could be easily replaced with another class as this one is not ever used.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
If you want to use redstone - in any form/fashion - Engineer is the way to go.

IC's are still enabled as well that have a lot of use.
While this may not be useful to you - I'm sure others enjoy it.

We won't be removing Engineer at this time. We could add to it/repurpose it though - but there won't be any class chops going on.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Engineer is an incredibly useful class.

The market for complex IC work doesn't exist because many people do not understand what engineers can do. I can not believe your suggestion is so short sighted as to suggest Eng is useless, yet in the same breath you want to allow everyone the utility that makes them unique and a desired class! In my opinion, your argument defeats itself.

It has 2 main uses in my eyes, pistons and hoppers. I know all the signs and stuff but its not worth mining for 10 hours to place 5 pistons and respec.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
Because of all the hilarious and untraceable glitches that can be done via redstone mechanisms.

Edit: I kid, I clearly know of no interesting or gamebreaking glitches that involve redstone. Plz unban meh

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
I love Engineers, and our town has consistently had 1-2 of them for it's entire lifespan. Your statement in the OP is false.

I love Engineers, and our town has consistently had 1-2 of them for it's entire lifespan. Your statement in the OP is false.
Im sorry, but where in what I said was false? There are not many engineers out there and its only mildly useful and has loads of restrictions on towns and spawn plots

10apes

Gold
I believe engineer should stay because they are the only ones who can use pistons and make useful redstone creations. If you want to use pistons or something with redstone you need an engineer.

Amir86

Legacy Supporter 2
Engineer is a great class. Removing engineer just because some people fail to be creative does not seem like a valid reason.

How is it restrictive? There are tons of things you can do with Engineer.
Only one person may modify a spawn plot without transfer of ownership. Unless you want to give your plot to some engineer you can use pistions/hoppers/trapped chests/any redstone things they have. It's restrictive on towns because there arnt many engys on the server so its hard to use pistons. If anyone could use pistons/hoppers/..... then there would be more cool stuff in spawn plots. That is all I am saying. People stop being stupid and read it if you want to know what I'm saying.