• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Why i hate and love HeroCraft

Tylersyme

Stone
This is something i want to get off my mind
i hate herocraft.theres other players like me who hate it too for these reasons and wont really say it.But its cool its cool
everyone knows these's reasons why herocraft hard to start off when its your first time
1.players...yes you guys make it bad.come on we all had that smile on our face when we camped our first noob and all that.But thats the point im making here.We camp,We steal,We destory others buildings to clam land.(I know its in there rules.we can do this stuff) But some times we do it to the wrong players. Example:Today a random player (Wont name) walked into our town space.now not knowing who or what this person was i attacked and killed this person.learning it was a lvl 3 player who just started and lost the gear they had.i felt bad cause i remember how hard it was to get anything good and keep hold of it.So i said sorry made her new gear and told her next time someone wont be nice

2.Money: Why da feck is everything so much! dont know if this can be fixed or what but a good example would be the new item crafting right.i seen a stack of 64 souls go for 64 dollers sure that sounds fair but then i see someone selling 27 of them for 100?
anyone else hate this? or feel like there should be a change?
Continuing on this instead of making a other point.What about Quest or ways to earn money faster or better? cause earning 45 everyday though voting isnt gonna help you when you need 500 for a town? I understand we have "Outpost" but again need good gear or team mates

Now some good things about herocraft which ill make a short list first cause theres alot to talk about here:
1.The lore
2.All the items that you can make and do!
3.The PVE (god this is the best thing)
4.The classes
5.The events(the second best thing!)
etc etc etc

God i could write pages about this list.Hero-craft has done something right cause i remember when it first started and playing it now still gives me a great feeling.this is the only server i keep coming back to after playing others and its just simply great
well done guys

why not below add to the why you hate or love herocraft.Im on the server most days ign is tylersyme so say hi if you see me

Personally, I had no trouble starting on this server. I found the community surprisingly welcoming. Sure there are a couple bad seeds griefing, but that's why it is bannable. And if players get too upset when they're killed they shouldn't play on a PvP server, simple as that.

What are you talking about for money? You get tons by mining. Like, seriously, tons. By casually mining for half an hour with an iron pick I get about 100c. And the 27 for 100 thing is just someone trolling, not a malicious attempt to sabotage players.

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Hey @Tylersyme! Some things you have to remember about Herocraft is it is designed to be a hardcore, PvP server. And while not everyone is pleased by it, most are.

And one of the best things about Herocraft is considerate staff. I can guarantee you if you write up a suggestion at hc.to/suggestions it will be reviewed, and more then likely you'll get feedback.

Money may be hard to understand at first, but you'll find mining and grinding in dungeons suffices a good yield. Some people sell shards for money, as you say 64 mini for 64c. That's a way to make money. However, you can consume shards for experience by right clicking the air with it in hand, hence why some people buy them higher then what you would sell them for, for the economy. For example, you wouldn't sell something and bother waiting for someone to buy for the same amount you could extange- you would sell it for higher, of course.

PvE in herocraft can be fun, but it is does not implement the full use of the Heroes plugin. I would recommend you level up at Havensgate and learn how to use your skills, possible hopping to the test server (/test) from time to time to find a class that fits your play style. Eventually you'll find how fun PvP can be. It isn't always about dying- the adrenaline rush is always nice.

And remember, if your confused about the rules or anything the wiki is always up for your pleasure. hc.to/wiki is the link- I recommend you abide by what you see on there.

And finally, remember it's just a game and nothing to get upset over. If you find yourself further confused, feel free to PM me personally via forums or ingame (GodOfGales) and I would be happy to help.

Tylersyme

Stone
Hey @Tylersyme! Some things you have to remember about Herocraft is it is designed to be a hardcore, PvP server. And while not everyone is pleased by it, most are.

And one of the best things about Herocraft is considerate staff. I can guarantee you if you write up a suggestion at hc.to/suggestions it will be reviewed, and more then likely you'll get feedback.

Money may be hard to understand at first, but you'll find mining and grinding in dungeons suffices a good yield. Some people sell shards for money, as you say 64 mini for 64c. That's a way to make money. However, you can consume shards for experience by right clicking the air with it in hand, hence why some people buy them higher then what you would sell them for, for the economy. For example, you wouldn't sell something and bother waiting for someone to buy for the same amount you could extange- you would sell it for higher, of course.

PvE in herocraft can be fun, but it is does not implement the full use of the Heroes plugin. I would recommend you level up at Havensgate and learn how to use your skills, possible hopping to the test server (/test) from time to time to find a class that fits your play style. Eventually you'll find how fun PvP can be. It isn't always about dying- the adrenaline rush is always nice.

And remember, if your confused about the rules or anything the wiki is always up for your pleasure. hc.to/wiki is the link- I recommend you abide by what you see on there.

And finally, remember it's just a game and nothing to get upset over. If you find yourself further confused, feel free to PM me personally via forums or ingame (GodOfGales) and I would be happy to help.

Hey man its not that im confused been playing the server for almost two years now
just to let everyone know this was more of a thing i just wanted to get out in the air cause not everyone will voice themself's

Tylersyme

Stone
Personally, I had no trouble starting on this server. I found the community surprisingly welcoming. Sure there are a couple bad seeds griefing, but that's why it is bannable. And if players get too upset when they're killed they shouldn't play on a PvP server, simple as that.

What are you talking about for money? You get tons by mining. Like, seriously, tons. By casually mining for half an hour with an iron pick I get about 100c. And the 27 for 100 thing is just someone trolling, not a malicious attempt to sabotage players.

Some people in the community are great! and really helpful
staff are great when you have a problem
just saying that some players get a rough start when people just stright up kill over and over

as far as the money gos.still i only get 45 coins a day from voting so are you are miner or something cause i dont even get money from mining :p

_Trains_

Obsidian
just saying that some players get a rough start when people just stright up kill over and over

as far as the money gos.still i only get 45 coins a day from voting so are you are miner or something cause i dont even get money from mining :p

Mining = soul shards

Soul shards = money

I was in the same boat as you when I first came back. Voting only got me money. But now I sell stuff in the market and thats a good was to make money, especially as a farmer, and to go mining. Before I changed from farmer, I would put all the carrots and bread I had up for 5, and by the next time I was on, all most always the bread would be gone. It gave me an extra 20 - 100 c. Now I make roughly 100 c from mining, plus the free materials I don't have to buy.

Tylersyme

Stone
I was in the same boat as you when I first came back. Voting only got me money. But now I sell stuff in the market and thats a good was to make money, especially as a farmer, and to go mining. Before I changed from farmer, I would put all the carrots and bread I had up for 5, and by the next time I was on, all most always the bread would be gone. It gave me an extra 20 - 100 c. Now I make roughly 100 c from mining, plus the free materials I don't have to buy.

Fair play