• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Update Prices on Personal Regions

Does a new year, a new map, new staff, and a new form of currency demand an update in prices?

• Total voters

Nevinryal

Glowstone
When I last played roughly over a year ago Gold was the established standard method of generating money on this server. At the time a single gold bar sold at the admin shop/spawn for exactly 9 coins (the old unit of currency, now souls).

This meant that it was not unrealistic to expect to hit your first gold vein and get anywhere from 1-8 gold ore + or - depending on chance factors and of course the ability of some professions to augment that further by smelting to obtain additional bars. On average when I or a friend would hit a gold vein we could expect to get roughly 6 bars of gold from hitting that after each encounter.

Then...

This meant that each time we hit a gold vein we could expect more or less 6 bars of gold and could count on getting those to the DHX or Admin Shop and selling them to make 54 Coins.

Now....

Today if you were to hit a gold vein you might get something like maybe 5-6 souls on average from hitting said Gold Vein and then selling the bars player to player. (If any of you get 100 souls per vein plz, tell me what I'm doing wrong ;D)

If you compare the prices of some noble plots to even the absolute cheapest rates for the Tiered Donation Personal Regions, you will see that not only are the rates for making regions with even the MOST EXPENSIVE DONOR TIERS still very much based on currency rates from OVER A YEAR AGO, you will see they simply are not in keeping with the new standard of currency and drop rate now.

Don't get me wrong I love the Donor Tiers but as of this moment, they just have not kept up with the times. Our economy has changed, prices have deflated not inflated and those rates originally placed over a year ago just simply do not reflect what is going on now.

I think that after a year, a new server, a new map, new additions to staff, new shop packages and exp boosts added, new items being added, the talk of deploying dungeons, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...a change might be in order.

It's been a very long time coming and a quick change to lower the rates to something more appropriate for creation and rent on those personal regions is in order. And has been for some time. We do not make 9 coins per gold bar anymore. We do not make 9 coins for 9 gold bars anymore. The Economy and Unit of Currency is completely different and the cost for Personal Residences from Tiered Accounts needs to be revamped. If you do the math for some of those things (AND I MEAN THE ABSOLUTE ROCK BOTTOM CHEAPEST PRICES FOR PERSONAL RESIDENCES PER BLOCK AND AT THE MOST EXPENSIVE TIERS) are not even realistic. We are talking about over 2000 Souls to make some regions and more than 800 souls a month just to keep them from being deleted. (Again this varies by size/tier/bla bla I know) But overall, it is still NOT in keeping with the times.

It's been over a year. New things have come, old things have been updated. This needs to be done.

I'm very interested to hear what you all have to say. Agree or Disagree, all responses are welcome and I look forward to seeing you in game.

Last edited:

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Let's also not forget that someone can buy a tax free spawn plot for somewhere around 1500 souls (depending on size)
Cheaper, and in some cases bigger, than a personal region and you will never pay another soul in taxes as long as you play

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
@Ahrall Noble Plots are limited, not everyone can have one. Noble plots are in spawn.

Residences can be used anywhere, by anyone.

These are the only two "Non-Town Options" for getting a region to dirt lock your chests in, we should retain barriers of entry for larger personal regions.

@Nevinryal If you are having trouble paying for the residence, make it smaller and use the region as a Vault rather than a Box to sit in the middle and hope that they only have 5 block AoE's. You are underestimating the usefulness and unique positioning that residences can give you, they are worth the costs.
We have Deflation, meaning that everyone has MORE money. Lowering the cost on Res won't help. -1

ps Your poll shows that you needed to google a few simple economic terms before you posted this, the No option says "No we shouldn't adjust prices (you suggested the prices were too high) even though the economy is deflated." Deflation IS an argument against this suggestion, but you seem to post it sarcastically on the No option.

edit: In the past a god pick cost 75s now it costs 20s at most. If the Residence pricing structure is updated with the economy in mind, Residence would become more expensive.

Last edited:

Nevinryal

Glowstone
Regardless of how it was received the message is clear. Personal Regions have not been kept up with the times. Saying the issue is because I'm trying to make too large of a region and that I should make some tiny fraction of what I could make is absurd. The prices were out dated the moment gold went from 9+ units per bar to the nothing it is now. This was over a year ago. It's LONG overdue.

If people really have so much money that everything is so super cheap explain why on the street I have an actively stocked shop in (Picadilly St) the only two active shops atm are mine and Jonsoon's. The other 15 shops are dead in the water.

Now we can nit pick all day but if money is sooooo easy to get, why do the majority of players seem to not want to pay 50-170+ Souls per Week for some of these establishments?

Anyways, not to get too off subject but I think that if MORE people were USING their personal regions at ALL sizes available to their tier......

THEY WOULD ACTUALLY BE PAYING SOME RENT PROVIDING A REASONABLE AND CONSISTENT MONEY SINK OH HO HO HO HO.

But nobody wants to bother with Donator perks they paid money for because they really are over priced done and done. I say lower the prices to make it more reasonable to use all those personal regions and even with an update to pricing you have a new money sinker that will function the way as it was intended.

Right now you have Donator/Non-Donator players not even paying a cent with the Simple Region Market plugin per month, and actually paying WAAAAAAAAAAAAY LESS than what even the most generous donators have available.

No matter which way you look at it man, this is has been a long LONG time coming for an update.

Also thanks for the info for Deflation. My reason for the context of inflation/deflation is that generally with inflation the value of money decreases and with deflation the value increases. I felt deflation was applicable because previously with GOLD BARS selling at 9 A PIECE at the DHC/Admin Shop the respected value of Coins/Units decreased because it seemed to take more units of currency to purchase the same thing. This was common because there was in FACT more money in circulation OVER ONE YEAR AGO than there are NOW. People very commonly had TENS OF THOUSANDS OF COINS but a MUCH MUCH SMALLER percentage have nearly as much money today.

Again, this is because when the prices for personal regions were established we had gold worth 9 COINS then, and worth Less than 1 Soul now. I doubt you could even sell a gold bar to anymore for 1 Soul now anyways. If you disagree, please let me know I would love to sell you all my gold at 1 Soul each. I somehow doubt it will happen.

You also had a lottery plugin that was just POURING money into the economy and plugin weaknesses that let the same people abuse it to get rich but thats a seperate issue that just further inflated the economy or at the very least reduced the effectiveness of each unit of currency then.

I apologize if my reasoning was not 100% clear but I would hope the message is obvious. Personal Region Prices are OUTDATED, they NEED to be changed. Give us a reason to use them, with something that is relative to the times please and we will use them more, even if we have to pay rent on them. It's a more sound money sink then the Noble Plots are right now.

Yeah, the noble plots are limited, bla bla. I think everyone knows that. It doesn't change the fact that it has been over A YEAR since the prices on this were updated. Come on, let's get the ball rolling on this. A year? C'mon lol.....

(Also, this is just my opinion but I don't think the Noble Plots were intended to be a money sink or at least not the end all be all solution in the first place. I think they were an awesome idea that was really cool and had alot of hard work put into it. And for that I'm am sure we can all agree we are very grateful for. ;D )

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
First: Can you stop with the huge red text? Makes it annoying to read and makes it take up large amount of space for not much reason.

Now, on topic:
These spawn plots, while limited, are Tax Free, One Time Fee, and can be sold directly to another player.
Residences, the way I see them now, should be used for a small box to store a few chests in to protect your most valuable stuff. If you want a region to protect you, join a town or save up and buy a spawn plot.

Residences are also available to everyone now, meaning donating is not required to make a small one to protect some chests. This helps newer players (Who have figured out the server somewhat, and have some money) to not lose everything. I doubt many players use regions though, they seem to be overlooked a lot.

Nevinryal

Glowstone
No, and this just may be my current settings but I find this preferable at the time. Sorry for any inconvenience this caused you. If it helps for scope, your large picture attached at the end of every post which as far as I can tell has nothing to do with anything here, has more or less the same effect. But thank you for reading and your input. =)

Last edited:

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Eye-bleeding wall of text.
I disagree, but refuse to spend any more time disputing your posts while I am being held hostage to your disgusting font.
one point I will clear up for you, below

• The reason the Trade District is not used: it is superfluous. People find it much faster and cheaper to find their goods in T chat than hunt around the Trade District, so there is little incentive to enter the market as a renter.
  • Want to make the Trade district WORTH IT? New T-chat only protects trades with items that cannot be sold in chest-shops, all others items can be scammed.

Nevinryal

Glowstone
No offense but I cannot help if you do not like a specific color, or a specific font. That's not the issue at hand so please, try to stay on topic. I'm not real fond of having my posts edited but if you feel it will actually HELP get this resolved faster then fine.

If you aren't going to help with this issue and only detract from it, I ask that you please STOP editing my posts, be it in context, size, color, font, format, or any other change against my will unless it actually has to do with a CLEAR violation of rules CLEARLY stated somewhere on the site that has not been countermanded in the past.

I don't go to your posts and edit what or how you say things. Please, don't edit mine for me. :p

For now I will be going with this format as it seemed to work just fine for Xanipher and I find most of her posts and formatting to be without complaint.

Last edited:

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Yes, the currency is currently deflated. Inflation is when prices sore and every has a lot of currency on-hand. Now it's not really the case.

We're moving to making this more manageable by creating a resource for Gold again at a much lower price in-take.

Nevinryal

Glowstone
I really and honestly believe that if the prices for Donator Tier Personal Regions were set in stone at a time when the DHX Bought Gold for 9 coins a piece and the current prices have fallen for less than 1 I say lets meet in the middle at the very least.

Here's what would be much more accurate, encourage more people to create personal regions, and because of more people USING their regions, actually create a fair and effective money sink USING a system we already have in place.

I will use the maximum sizes and rates for the highest level Donor Tier. Tier 9.

Following the OLD formula, a Tier 9 Donor who was going to use all of the space for a single residence in the dimensions of 26x30x26 which is larger than most of my neighbors mind you, they would use 20,280 sq feet of space. At .10 per block which doesn't sound much at first, it comes out to 2028 Souls to create and at .02 per block per rent cycle, it costs 811.2 Souls to maintain per month. Currently, many Noble Plots are even bigger than this and cost NOTHING per month.

I propose cut the price for initial setup in half so people will be encouraged to actually USE this feature. See if that gets more people using it and then if not consider adjusting the rent per block as time goes on.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Copy and paste and propose new changes below - I think lowering the monthly cost is a "good" idea - note that you dont OWN a residence, it sa RENT. Also note that all costs are made up and that is where we build things off of. Yes - we changed economics here - but there's a fix coming in that will help :)
Code:
    t1:
       Residence:
           CanCreate: true
           MaxResidences: 1
           MaxAreasPerResidence: 1
           MaxEastWest: 12
           MaxNorthSouth: 12
           MaxUpDown: 12
           MinHeight: 0
           MaxHeight: 255
           SubzoneDepth: 3
           CanTeleport: false
           Unstuck: false
           SelectCommandAccess: true
           ItemListAccess: false
       Messaging:
           CanChange: true
           DefaultEnter: Welcome %player to %residence, owned by %owner..
           DefaultLeave: Now leaving %residence.
       Lease:
          MaxDays: 16
          RenewIncrement: 14
       Rent:
           MaxRents: 3
           MaxRentables: 3
       Economy:
          CanBuy: true
          CanSell: false
          IgnoreLimits: false
          BuyCost: 0.25
          RenewCost: 0.05
       Flags:
          Permission:
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
          World:
                Global:
                WorldNameHere:
    t2:
       Residence:
           MaxEastWest: 13
           MaxNorthSouth: 13
           MaxUpDown: 13
       Messaging:
       Lease:
       Rent:
       Economy:
          BuyCost: 0.24
          RenewCost: 0.05
       Flags:
          Permission:
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
          World:
                Global:
                WorldNameHere:
    t3:
       Residence:
           MaxEastWest: 13
           MaxNorthSouth: 13
           MaxUpDown: 13
       Messaging:
       Lease:
       Rent:
       Economy:
          BuyCost: 0.20
          RenewCost: 0.04
       Flags:
          Permission:
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
          World:
                Global:
                WorldNameHere:
    t4:
       Residence:
           MaxEastWest: 16
           MaxNorthSouth: 16
           MaxUpDown: 16
       Messaging:
       Lease:
       Rent:
       Economy:
          BuyCost: 0.18
          RenewCost: 0.04
       Flags:
          Permission:
               #build: true
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
               #default: #group name
                   #build: false
          World:
                Global: #these flags will apply to all worlds
                WorldNameHere: #or you can apply them by each individual world
    t5:
       Residence:
           MaxEastWest: 18
           MaxNorthSouth: 18
           MaxUpDown: 18
       Messaging:
       Lease:
       Rent:
       Economy:
          BuyCost: 0.16
          RenewCost: 0.03
       Flags:
          Permission:
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
          World:
    t6:
       Residence:
           MaxEastWest: 20
           MaxNorthSouth: 20
           MaxUpDown: 20
       Messaging:
       Lease:
       Rent:
       Economy:
          BuyCost: 0.15
       Flags:
          Permission:
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
          World:
    t7:
       Residence:
           MaxEastWest: 22
           MaxNorthSouth: 22
           MaxUpDown: 22
       Messaging:
       Lease:
       Rent:
       Economy:
          BuyCost: 0.14
       Flags:
          Permission:
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
          World:
    t8:
       Residence:
           MaxResidences: 2
           MaxEastWest: 25
           MaxNorthSouth: 25
           MaxUpDown: 25
       Messaging:
       Lease:
       Rent:
       Economy:
          BuyCost: 0.11
          RenewCost: 0.025
       Flags:
          Permission:
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
          World:
    t9:
       Residence:
           MaxResidences: 3
           MaxEastWest: 26
           MaxNorthSouth: 26
           MaxUpDown: 30
       Messaging:
       Lease:
       Rent:
       Economy:
          BuyCost: 0.10
          RenewCost: 0.02
       Flags:
          Permission:
          Default:
          CreatorDefault:
          GroupDefault:
          World:

Nevinryal

Glowstone
Edited in Notepad++ to retain formatting. The setup that I am currently from interferes with formatting on specific environments.

Attachments

• Updated.txt
    11.1 KB · Views: 3