• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Town theif rule

Dielan9999

Legacy Supporter 5
Hey @Seratt and @Kainzo

the wording on the rules is a little ambiguous.

2) The following actions are permitted:​
a) Stealing.​
i) Stealing is legal everywhere EXCEPT inside Zeal and townhalls.​

It doesn't say in the rules that stealing from your own town is illegal, whereas in your alert to everyone you said:

Seratt said:

I'm 100% for this new rule, but where does it appear in the official rules? Can you clarify?

Is it illegal for outsiders to steal from towns? Or just town members on the region? Does the block covering the non-LWC have to be a rare block?

Please explain! :)

EDIT: @Seratt you also said:

Seratt said:
09/24/11 -- Updated (Destroying rare blocks inside a town, without explicit permission, is illegal. Griefing is still illegal as always.)

This is what I meant by my question of if we need to block our chests with rare blocks now. You didn't mention anything in this update about what was said in the global alert.

Seratt

Inquisitor Generalis
Founder
The rule was changed to keep people from joining a township for the sole purpose of griefing the regiong.

Destroying a block to access a chest is fine, as long as the block is replaced afterwards. If they are unable to do so, it could be seen as griefing.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
It could be seen as griefing. Though, not like any mod or admin is going to rush to go check one block.

Psychokhaos

Legacy Supporter 3
What about citizens placing valuable blocks instead of storing them in a chest?

Would these be protected under that rule?
Kain said block destruction (on or off region) of these blocks are bad, but theft from chests is fine, so yes, they may be stolen, unless I misunderstand.

Aerokii

Legacy Supporter 8
It's slightly clearer now, that stealing regioned blocks is not allowed, however stealing from chests is. This is a small change to the rules, although the latest change that was made seemed to suggest that any theft, including from chests, was illegal within towns.

This clarifies it- though I do wish chest theft was illegal too within towns/from town members. Oh well.

Drastikos

Legacy Supporter 3
So store all your gold and diamonds as blocks and build your floor or house out of it.
If they break it to steal it, it's illegal.