• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion T2 Suggestion

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Right now the main problems I see with tier two classes is trying to re-earn everything you already had, but even slower. I rarely see people go t2 unless there is a boost so they can get a large chunk of it finished.

You are missing attributes, per level gains, skills, so on so forth.

Because of these things people end up forsaking t2 (except when there is a boost).

My Suggestion
Change up the way T2 classes work.
  • Give all the attributes at level one (the same as T1)
  • Change the leveling to: 1->10. Simple, clean, crisp (same, or even more exp needed)
  • Leveling up gives you points to spend on attributes (the same as right now but would be more because it only goes from 1 to 10)
  • Give all the skills at level one
  • Keep the bonus skill at max level
What this is basically doing is making a level 60 T1 the same as a level 1 T2. Allowing people to go T2 without a boost or a dire need to level. It will make the process of maxing T2 a more slow, casual, less grindy, and gradual experience. You will be able to go and participate in fights even if you just switched.

T2 is not super OP (with the exception of some T2 skills that said class need). You get some bonus attributes and an extra skill at the end.

Going to T2 should be rewarding and time consuming. It is not really like that at the moment because switching to T2 makes you severely weaker than the maxed T1 counterpart (resulting in people shying away from it).

I feel like this change would be healthy for the server, even if the experience required is increased because the class will still be usable without leveling it. Leveling it will result in small bonuses.

@Kainzo

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
@Kainzo has said multiple times he wants to keep T2 as an optional endgame for hardcore players. While I agree with much of what you suggested, I'd like to see what Kain says about it first.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
@Kainzo has said multiple times he wants to keep T2 as an optional endgame for hardcore players. While I agree with much of what you suggested, I'd like to see what Kain says about it first.
I feel like taking away certain aspects of the game that someone has already earned (at least in Herocraft's case) is not hardcore. It drives people away more than anything. The hardcore aspect should come from spending a lot of time earning things you didn't have previously. My suggestion allowing that to be bonus attributes and a new skill.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
I feel like taking away certain aspects of the game that someone has already earned (at least in Herocraft's case) is not hardcore. It drives people away more than anything. The hardcore aspect should come from spending a lot of time earning things you didn't have previously. My suggestion allowing that to be bonus attributes and a new skill.
I agree with you, I'm just quoting what Kainzo has said in the past regarding T2.

911FashionPolice

Glowstone
Another problem that needs to be addressed with leveling tier 2 classes is the fact that players that want to level with a person playing a tier 2 class will get significantly reduced experience gains and therefore discourages parties, which is practically a necessity because mobs are difficult to fight currently as they do a lot of damage and boast a massive health pool.

Last edited: