• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Slime balls for Kainzo

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Per our discussion Kainzo here is what the Team came up with.

Here is the theory Dana, Dgco, and myself (Airbus101) have created to formulate a Slime ball recipe.
This recipe is designed to be complicated enough to preserve the rarity of slime while feasible and affordable so that members that put forward the effort will be able to have a fair share.

The idea is to start giving uses and value to Mushrooms and Lapuis, while keeping a more complex formula.

The crafting Idea breaks down like this:
32 Red Mushrooms
32 Brown Mushroom
1 Lapis Block
1 leaf block (for the role playing color)

Yielding 1 slime ball

The Economics break down like this:

Mushrooms: grow quite well and are easily harvested rate varies by lighting and placement and activity in the area. Also currently have few usages.

Lapis: while not common people can steal it if you build with it and thus have little use other then the rare coloring of wool. Additionally as you will see below it is not that hard to craft.

Leaf blocks: with the advent of shears leaves are just a trivial add on for color

Cost of a Lapis block creation:
2 Obsidian (current buy price approx 40c stack) (.625 each)
2 clay (1c each)
4 redstone (.1 each)

Creates 1 lapis block approx cost (3.26c)
even with server inflation a lapis block will still be affordable mixture

1 Clay is also a simple
1 iron (iron runs 12c to 40c stack)
3 sand (3-12c stack)
3 dirt (dirt, lazy bastards!)

Top end cost for clay would be .65c each at this time low end .2c

In the end I think you will see this is a complex yet affordable design that keeps with the server
Theme that nothing is free, we are hardcore, but gives the casual player a chance to own some.

Jonsoon

Legacy Supporter 8
I think a slime ball recipe is is quite unnecessary. It is easy enough to farm them and would cost you way less time than if you used alchemy to make the raw materials, and then the slime itself.

How many slime balls would your recipe create anyways?

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
I think a slime ball recipe is is quite unnecessary. It is easy enough to farm them and would cost you way less time than if you used alchemy to make the raw materials, and then the slime itself.

How many slime balls would your recipe create anyways?

I wish it was as easy for me as it seems to be for others. I've never, not once, seen a slime that wasn't spawned for a mob arena. lol

jason8261

Legacy Supporter 5
only seen 1 slime since i played herocraft. Oh and when notch made there spawn rate crazy

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
I do understand the concept that slimes appear at bottom of map and at specific Chunk coordinates, however
I spent an entire day hunting them and not only did not come home with a single slime ball but saw no slimes.

I understand where to find them I understand how to find them and I understand how to kill them to get the most slime. one should be able to come back with a moderate amount of slime after an entire day of minecraft,

Now consider the casual user that can only play for an hr... a slimeball recipe is a fair addition and the proposed keeps with the ideal of the complexity and spirit of HC.

Justaz101

Glowing Redstone
Recipes are for items that you can't legitimately get (ex. Ice ) or Ultra rare (ex. on the last map it was impossible to get flowers). I know people with stacks of these things.

toadsworth29

Legacy Supporter 3
If you want slime balls, you should have seen Blasphemy in the old map! The whole city was built near bedrock, and it became infested with slimes.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
either way Kainzo told us to put this on the forum.