• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[Shepherd Class] crafter side IDEA please read

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
OK, so the pvp'r are getting all the love.
I've been seeing warrior class, ninja class, dragoon class, bard class, and more all get tweaks upgrades and addtitions...

so that being said why not expand on the Crafter side, we need some love too.

My idea would be Shepherd class the ability to spawn creatures. most of us who run shops have seen the price of arrows, pork, leather and wool, Inc sacs get higher and higher. why because mobs dont seem to apper unless the server restarts. thus a stable server restricts the ability to farm drops.

now it may seem boring but I believe many people out there would probably enjoy this type of critter farming. not to mention the added income it would generate. which in turn would help people that make arrows, leather armor and builders would get wool cheaper and I see it really rounding out the server and its lack of drops.

I believe that this Shepherd class could also utilize the breeding skill that will be released by restricting it to them just like wolves were for restricted for beast-masters.

So what my idea you ask,
a ruff sketch looks like this.

Crafter, special Shepherd
level 1 ---spawn pig (10min cool down) easy, pork does not stack great starter
level 5 ---25% chance 2x wheat production (got to feed the critters!)
level 10---( is this a level 10 still? recall, mark,
Spawn Chicken 1 every 10 mins, (requires 4 wheat OR 4 seeds) looks like chicken feed.
level 20--- 50% chance 2x wheat production 25% chance 2x seed production
level 30--- Spawn Cow 1 every 10 mins (requires 4 wheat or 5 leaves)
level 40--- Creature spawn Cooldown -50% (so every 5 mins.)
level 45--- 75% chance of 2x wheat 50% x2 seeds
Spawn Sheep 1 every 10 min cool down requires 6 wheat
level 50--- Spawn squid 1 every 10 mins requires 1 fish, 100% chance of 2x wheat, 75% change 2x seeds, (Animal breeding when it comes out...)

Oryinn

Obsidian
I like the idea of this class and I think with some balancing/revision it would be a great addition!(100% double wheat seems undesirable in the long run.)

skyboy49707

Obsidian
Not to rain on your parade but what about spawn sheep? Cause when i think of Shepherd's i think of sheep like bo peep from toy story ( image below is bo peep)

images

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
O didnt know pork stacked now!? and spawn sheep I have that at level 45, its a sought after item and sheers 3-4 per sheep so I figured make it hard core at level 45 for people serious about the class

and yes I agree it needs some tweaks it was after all a sketched idea first draft.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
I like the idea of a rancher spec! Bully for you Airbus, although the theory is that Crafting will become a sideclass thing.

Anybody can kill a pig, so what if Shepherds give extra items for killing animals? We could also get dangerous and have increased drops from monsters, which would require them actually fighting. But historically shepherds were really pretty bad dudes, so I would suggest giving them some manner of weapon. An iron tool or other item that does 6 or 7 damage.

GraRona

Portal
I think they should still get some base crafter skills like chest shops. shears etc.

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
Shepard weapon would be a hoe.

I like this idea, we should have more crafter classes if they are going to take a backseat to main classes.

Until this exists, if you need food, I suggest bonemeal+mushroom. I've had good results.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
Well, that's better then noway...

I imaging the maybe is the coding part :)

I just thought it would be a cool concept and balance the needs of the server in a realistic way
as for the fighting and equipment I dont pvp and know little of that side of the clases so I thought it best if I left that up to kainzo to paint in those lines.

I'll cross my fingers and hop a coder gets bored and code this one out for kainzo, wink wink nudge nudge.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
A very well thought out idea :) Sadly, I don't really support. If only this one crafter specialization had the ability to breed adorable baby animals then you would have a monopoly on raw commodities. You would then be able to charge astronomical prices D: It's also just bad for server economics :p

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
It wouldn't be a true monopoly, as there would be multiple unassociated individuals who could become shepherds. I could certainly see it becoming a big business, but I don't believe it would break anything. And again, if crafter abilities become a secondary class type-thingie, the population has more ability to access the benefits.

I do see your point though, it could be a powerful business. I just mentally scrapped the double drops idea.

Smith-Mason merge wouldn't work. :x Thief and Ninja were pretty similar, blacksmiths and architects not so much.

Airbus101

Legacy Supporter 7
@Thunderjolt I think you miss read something as this will reduce prices, and its not like only one person would pick this.

I dont see how it would be bad for the server as it would if anything expand the already minimal drops we have now. the idea is not to take away the ability of collecting wild drops from players, the ideas is to ADD the Shepherd to spawn creatures on the server.

We already have a shortage of these items this idea is to increase the amount of materials thus reducing the high prices, all players harvest wild creatures just like now, Shepards span additional creatures and harvest additional products. aka, more supply lower cost.

Kingtom404

Legacy Supporter 3
Just thought of this, don't know if it was already mentioned or not, but there would have to be a maximum cap that can be spawned at one time like wolves to avoid people making the server lag on "Accident".

Steamed

Legacy Supporter 3
I love this idea, once 1.9 comes out, the spawned animals should start as baby animals so they have to grow.

Thunderjolt

Legacy Supporter 4
@Airbus101

My apologies sir. I could have sworn I read somewhere in your description that ONLY shepherds would have the ability to breed adorable baby animals.

This idea now has my Thunder-Stamp of approval :)

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
Man-O-Man, Every day Heroes reaches newer heights of awesome. Remaining as just a Wizard everyday is getting harder day by day with all these amazing classes and skills. I wanna be a Crafter as well! Dual classes!

ruethian

Legacy Supporter 6
Agree to shepard class! and because it is a speced crafter mark / recall / sheers / chest shop are all level 1 abilities.

And I could see masons and archetecs merging if that were needed. Both are based on building movement things so they kinda go together.

@Dom I've tryed 2 or 3 times to switch classes but as soon as I do my town is raided heavily or sumsuch and I end up switching back. :(