• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Samurai Idea: Passive Abilities

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
Firstly, I'm aware that Samurai might not be coming any time soon or it might already be completely planned out but I just had these ideas and wanted to share them.

I was thinking that there aren't many passive abilities on HC and I think they could bring up the skill cap of some classes, here are some suggestions for Samurai - please note that I have not thought about balance, only potential ideas.

Samurai is the master of blade, therefore shouldn't it be mostly about it's sword? Of course it should have some active abilities but I think it would make a change to have some skills like this:

Double Slash:
Every time 4 hits are landed on the same target, within X amount of seconds, gain Haste 2 buff for 2 seconds.

Dodge:
After being hit with a weapon 5 times, within X amount of seconds, gain Invuln for 0.5 seconds

Wind Dash:
After running X amount of blocks with X amount of time (I see this as being set as having to sprint jump a distance, so it wouldn't be proc'd when walking), gain speed 1 buff for X amount of seconds. This ability stacks until you reach speed 3 and then it goes on cooldown for 20 seconds.

All of the values obviously would need to be thought about but this gives the general idea. I feel that skills like this would allow for a class that really had to be learned because you would have to think about when you proc'd each ability. E.g. Wind Dash is a good getaway but when do you want to use it? It's cool down could be long so you want to plan when to use it.

Let me know your thoughts!

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I could see wind dash being a pain in the ass, imagine chasing someone and there is blocks infront of you and it stuffs up your running trying to jump over them.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
I could see wind dash being a pain in the ass, imagine chasing someone and there is blocks infront of you and it stuffs up your running trying to jump over them.
Hmm there might be a way so that jumping is included in distance travelled

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Could have a lifesteal passive (restore 15% of damage as health every third attack, no cooldown?) and maybe a stun passive (10 attacks against an opponent = 0.75 sec stun, 15 sec CD?)

I like the idea of passives for samurai.

OliverDollar

Legacy Supporter 3
Could have a lifesteal passive (restore 15% of damage as health every third attack, no cooldown?) and maybe a stun passive (10 attacks against an opponent = 0.75 sec stun, 15 sec CD?)

I like the idea of passives for samurai.
Yes, these sound like great ideas!