• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Personal Regions and Sharing chests

Sirgit

TNT
For the life of my I can't figure out an easy way to do this.

Is the only way to give someone a personal/private chest in my region, to create a sub region, and only allow them access in that sub-region around said chest? Is there an easier way?

And part 2 of my question. Can I give someone only access to one chest on my plot, without being able to access all the chests on my region that are open? The only command I know of is, "/res pset [residence name] [player name] chest [true|false]" but that gives them access to them all + whatever sub-region I assign them too.

Thank you in advance!

Best,
- Sirgit

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Assuming you're on PvE:

Part 1: Yes, create a subregion and give them chest access to the subregion but not to the whole region. However you may consider giving them access to other flags for the whole region, such as door to enter the residence.

Part 2: Same as above, create a subregion over the chest (it can be just the two blocks of the chest in size) and give perms as described above.

As the region owner, you will also have access to the chest.

The command for setting flags for subregions is the same as for regions, but you describe the subregion as ResName.SubregName ie SirgitsRes.Subreg1

See the wiki for more info.

NOTE: It won't work this way on PvP because the flags are set up differently.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
Yes, you unfortunately can't "add" players to a LWC protected chest. So since you can't add people to a LWC protected chest, you have to create a region, place the chest inside that region and add those you want to have access to the chest to the mentioned personal region.

And if you are wondering...

NOTE: It won't work this way on PvP because the flags are set up differently.

By that she means, that you can open any chest on PvP, regardless if it's in a region or a town. Protections don't work on PvP because chests are supposed to be raidable there (the "use" flag is toggled to "true" for all chests there).

To protect a chest on PvP you have to: 1. Set up a region and put the chest inside the region, 2. place any block on top of the chest, this will prevent people that have no access to the region from destroying the block and opening the chest. Optional: add trusted people to that region, so they can use the chest (people that won't forget to put the block back onto the chest after removing and opening it).

As Witchy explained above, it's basically all about regions & subregions, depending on the situation, only.
To separate chest access within a region you have to create a subregion.

Do not forget the difference between protections on PvE and PvP!

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
Yes, you unfortunately can't "add" players to a LWC protected chest.

You can add and remove players, giving them access and/or admin perms to the LWC, with /cmodify...

Haven't figured out how to do this with donation chests, but it works fine for normal LWCs.

Eneokun

Max Legacy Supporter
You can add and remove players, giving them access and/or admin perms to the LWC, with /cmodify...

Haven't figured out how to do this with donation chests, but it works fine for normal LWCs.

Didn't know that myself. Thanks

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7

the only way to allow another player to take items from your donation chest is to add them as an admin to said chest

Sirgit

TNT
Thank you guys. I did indeed make a sub region right over the chest, and give said person permissions of that region. I then proceeded to encompass the rest of my residence in its own subregion so that that said person would not be able to access any other chests on the plot. I figured it out ^_^.

A question I had though on LWC. Do they not function in PVP either?