• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Nuin's 64x Texture Pack [WIP]

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
This is a texture pack that I am working on right now. I will update this daily. I will eventually share it with the Minecraftforums.net Texture Pack section, but I felt that only HeroCraft denizens deserve a sneak peak! After all, I still have a lot of work ahead of me.

My plan is for a 64x texture pack for all items used to build/use, including signs, boats, et cetera. The rest of the pack will be done in 32x for simplicity and efficiency. This will include: complete tool/item sets, armor sets (yes, chainmail too), monsters, animals, and whatever else I can create a graphic for.

Please realize that unless noted here, any other textures you might see are from the 4Kids 64x pack, as it was my latest pack and I am using it as a template. I do not plan on using anyone else's work, so ALL items will be original, however some textures are pulled from free galleries across the web.

Also, for what it is worth, I am NOT entering this into the HeroCraft texture pack contest, as this is a 64x pack and therefore does not meet the requirements. I might scale it down at some point, but I am happy with the current resolution.

Your thoughts, comments and suggestions are appreciated!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blocks I have completed so far:
- grass (still working on getting dirt/grass-sided/snow-sided blocks right)
- stone, all ores, ore blocks
- brick, glass
- sand, sandstone
- cobblestone, mossy cobblestone
- clay, gravel
- slow sand, netherrack
- wood planks (fences not shown), single/double chests (drawers), workbench, bookshelf
- bedrock (it is the rusted diamond-plate)
- ice, snow
- saplings, flowers (I am redoing flowers, they look stupid)
- mushrooms
- monster spawner (hopefully you don't find a pentagram in your game scary)

20110707162617.png

20110707162622.png

20110707162627.png

20110706130403.png

20110706130411.png

20110706130421.png

20110706130426.png

20110706130431.png

20110706130446.png

20110706130457.png

20110706130511.png

20110706130516.png

20110706130522.png

20110706131337.png

I don't really like the look of the cobble, to be honest. Cobblestone, by definition, is a bunch of smashed up rocks, not neatly-cut bricks.

Jerkiness aside, I really like everything else. The ores look amazing, and I love the shine on the blocks (gold, diamond, etc). Kinda wish there was a way to see into the spawner, but I think it is very creative and fits very well. Also love the glass and the toolbench... Very impressive altogether!

ThatGuy721

Dirt
The plants look extremely out of place. They seem a bit..cartoony for the rest of the texture pack. Other then that, nice job!

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
The sand and sandstone textures really sell this for me. Makes me wish I wasn't playing on a crappy laptop! Craptop.

The cel-shaded smoke is really neat, too! Very Windwaker.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
The sand and sandstone textures really sell this for me. Makes me wish I wasn't playing on a crappy laptop! Craptop.

The cel-shaded smoke is really neat, too! Very Windwaker.

There is a whole texture pack of Windwaker. It has the same smoke. x)

Really like the pack. The gravel and the diamond/gold/iron blocks really aren't doing it for me.

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
@ThatGuy721 The saplings were hand-drawn and revised multiple times before I settled on that look. The flowers were something I drew quick and I have already decided they are getting redone. The mushrooms were actually pictures of some real mushrooms which I cleaned up a bit. All of these fauna were given a black pixel outline, which might account for the "cartoon" look you describe. I added it to add a contrast versus whatever background they stood against.

@eisbaerBorealis The cobblestone look I have designed is staying for now. I honestly never liked the look of cobblestone, especially as it is THE most widely used material. I am so sick of "cobblestone nightmares" aka the castles everyone builds all over the place, hence my reason to clean it into stone brick. I might round the bricks at some point, but I want to finish the rest of the pack first.

@Doreagarde Well the smoke is not mine. Like I said in the original post, I was using a 64x pack as a jump-off point for mine. I may make the smoke similar, but I haven't decided yet.

Thanks for everyone's comments so far. Much appreciated! :)