• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Mob Scaling / Growth - thoughts?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
So I removed this and increased the base exp from mobs but perhaps I was too hasty on this removal.

Can you post your opinions of keeping or removing Mob Scaling with MythicMob Bosses/minions coming in?

Thanks!

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
So I removed this and increased the base exp from mobs but perhaps I was too hasty on this removal.

Can you post your opinions of keeping or removing Mob Scaling with MythicMob Bosses/minions coming in?

Thanks!
I'd have to say keep mob scaling because without it the exp is absolute garbage and i wouldn't consider lvling ever again or staying for up coming maps.

:)

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
I also think it should stay. If players find it too difficult to level with regular mobs then they can just move closer to spawn.

Lostboi007

Glowing Redstone
I think you should bring back the scaling leveling was much more fun. I agree with coolbeans with this

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
My only problem with scaling is that it makes mythics seem pointless.
Why should i fight a 3k hp zombie that can cause bleed, teleport behind me, and buff nearby enemies, when I can fight regular mobs for the same XP?

I like scaling, it helps leveling suck less, but mythics currently don't offer an incentive to fight them over regular mobs.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
My only problem with scaling is that it makes mythics seem pointless.
Why should i fight a 3k hp zombie that can cause bleed, teleport behind me, and buff nearby enemies, when I can fight regular mobs for the same XP?

I like scaling, it helps leveling suck less, but mythics currently don't offer an incentive to fight them over regular mobs.
The incentive was the real reason why people would fight them. I was under the impress that you'd get boat loads of loot/rewards from them. Though if they're too hard it does seem pointless.

Question for everyone, this is not official in anyway I just wanted to know:
Would your opinions change if regular mobs granted more exp than they do now? Not scaling but raw values.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
Mob scaling seems like the better option, mythic mobs could be used for events though. Basically stating server wide that a boss mob has spawned and the coordinates that it spawned. Have the mob always drop good gear. This seems like something that could be automated so that you always have an event going on every few hours.

Nukadokuu

Gold
I like the scaling, but not with the Mythic Mobs. As it's been pointed out, there's not much a reason to fight a mob with extra skills and such, when you can just fight one that's the same except the skills. Scaling is nice because it allows people to choose the challenge they want, based on how far away from spawn they are, but Mythic Mobs are everywhere, I've even seen them within the protected area by spawn. The two together seem to contradict each other. Unless Mythic Mobs start dropping good loot, there's not much a reason for me to fight them, especially as a Ranger. So until then, I'm just gonna lure them into a puddle, and walk away =P

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Mythic mobs should be made to spawn less but give a little more exp as well as the loots that I know are being worked on (winks at Kainzo and the dev;'s ;)

Nevinryal

Glowstone
I miss old mobs, I think the weird ones should be something you should have to go out and look for and should be a rarity where people/players literally wait for with a chance to find something cool. Carbash's event system idea sounds like a winner, though a chance would be better than always granted items. The way it is now with these stupid nutter mobs is just lame.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
The reason i suggested that rare items drop every time is due to the sheer amount of items there would be (caster/rogue/warrior/healer set armors and weapons). So think about once every 4-6 hours a boss mob spawns and drops 1 piece of gear. The idea is that the bosses would be named, and their loot table would have gear for a specific class. This way you know if its a boss that you want to go fight or to leave alone.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We re-enabled the growth while the rewards (exp/loot) are being tweaked on the Bosses.

Thanks for the valuable input!

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Mob scaling seems like the better option, mythic mobs could be used for events though. Basically stating server wide that a boss mob has spawned and the coordinates that it spawned. Have the mob always drop good gear. This seems like something that could be automated so that you always have an event going on every few hours.
I would actually really like if there were some kinds of events to fight like this, I know that's what I like doing in ROTMG after I get lvl 20, try and get another CDirk because I died with my last one. :( R.I.P. 4/8 rogue

But instead of just dropping 1item it would be nice to see a drop system like in Realm

Nukadokuu

Gold
The reason i suggested that rare items drop every time is due to the sheer amount of items there would be (caster/rogue/warrior/healer set armors and weapons). So think about once every 4-6 hours a boss mob spawns and drops 1 piece of gear. The idea is that the bosses would be named, and their loot table would have gear for a specific class. This way you know if its a boss that you want to go fight or to leave alone.

Perhaps make small temples/castles/dungeons that they could spawn at? Like one in each corner of the map, and one in each cardinal direction, and perhaps make it random which one? So say every two-six hours the server announces one has spawned, and groups have to make it to one of the temples to find it. 1/8 chance of getting the right temple right off the bat, and that's not considering if another group comes to the same one. Also, perhaps the Temples could make good use of the bosses abilities? Like for a Zombie several corridors and hallways to force casters/ranged to be smart about how to fight it, an open area for skeletons so it's harder to find cover to make an approach.

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Perhaps make small temples/castles/dungeons that they could spawn at? Like one in each corner of the map, and one in each cardinal direction, and perhaps make it random which one? So say every two-six hours the server announces one has spawned, and groups have to make it to one of the temples to find it. 1/8 chance of getting the right temple right off the bat, and that's not considering if another group comes to the same one. Also, perhaps the Temples could make good use of the bosses abilities? Like for a Zombie several corridors and hallways to force casters/ranged to be smart about how to fight it, an open area for skeletons so it's harder to find cover to make an approach.
Wait what if we use the so far useless outposts, we could have them only spawn there during the time they are open and we can have them drop loot so they would be worth the trek.