• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

leaving Herocraft...

Nuin

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah, I know. These posts suck. I just wanted everyone to know in case you haven't seen me for a while. I am leaving Herocraft, this time for good. (If you don't want to read this, I don't blame you. TL;DR at bottom.)

I came back to see what was going on, and at that time I started testing the Heroes plugin before the new map was released. It was fun to play with and I could see a lot of fun things to do with it. However, on launch it became a kill-or-be-killed bloodfest. I knew where this was going, but I decided it would be fun to beta test it for a while.

I love the entire community, so that isn't the reason I am leaving. I just hate what Heroes and town factions have done to it. The PvP aspect of the game in conjunction with Heroes is depressing, as it feels like I am busy grinding mobs to level and defending my town from raiders, not to mention constantly looking over my shoulder not for creepers but other players hell-bent on killing for sport.

I look to Minecraft as a creative outlet, perhaps for some fun adventure. With Heroes, I wanted to see some PvE action, some cool dungeons, boss mobs, and some awesome spells that must be acquired through difficult trials only. My play style has always been the adventurer: exploration of new and far-off areas, seeking not only treasure but good times with friends. I just don't see that here and, should it ever come, the PvP aspect will most definitely play a large part in the equation. It's just not for me.

Herocraft truly is a hardcore server and deserves a lot of respect for the weight it carries via customized plugins, players, and an awesome staff. So have fun guys, enjoy your times here, and never let your guard down. Peace.

TL;DR - I am leaving Herocraft because I like to build stuff and not be killed by other players. Have fun!

Newerth citizens: My house is up for grabs. It is a 3-story house with a rooftop greenhouse, complete with a 2-story, 50+ large chest shop below. That is a total of 6 stories! It also includes direct access to the Newerth mines, and has a cauldron workshop for aspiring alchemists. Since it is "open house", feel free to run around inside and take a look. See @s3nse , @Xanipher , @bluejack404 or @bearcat99 if you are interested.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
See ya, man. Enjoy whatever you find!

RedKhan

Soulsand
Shame to see you go since I agree with some of what you said, MC is an experiment in creativity, if people are looking for competitive PvP style gaming they look elsewhere.

Hopefully things will swing back around and less emphasis will be put on player combat and more on businesses, transport and diplomacy.

Punisher79

Support the Death Penalty
Legacy Supporter 5
I liked you Nuin, based on my chance encounters with you. You are exactly the type of players HC needs on this server.

I hope to see you poke your head back in, in the near future, as you truely were a pleasure to know.

GreekCrackShot

Legacy Supporter 7
Damn dude, You leave right when I start, and leave shortly after you return :/ It's too bad we're losing a chill player like you, AGAIN. But hey! At least you've left WITH warning, and that's nice of you, instead of just dropping off the face of the Earth without telling us. Hope you find a server that suits you, bro.

bluejack404

Jack of Lapis
Legacy Supporter 8
I understand why you're leaving, Nuin. I'm still so sorry to hear that you're leaving. You'll be dearly missed.

And as Greek said, I'm really glad you said your goodbyes instead of just disappearing. <3

7thKnight

Legacy Supporter 7
I remember my first time meeting you on a test map a long long time ago around the beginning of the year and you telling me to get whitelisted and join Skyforge. From there my own personal tale of Herocraft began thanks to you. It sucks to see you go but you'll always remain whitelisted, especially for the upcoming creative maps! You gotta check them out so I can be wowed as I sit in a dirt box.

Xanipher

Tea & Bacon
Retired Staff
Thanks for everything Nuin and thanks for being part of NEO. I enjoyed playing with you and loved the things you built. Stop by every once in a while. <3

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Have a good one - Nuin, I wont give up so easily for the PVE features of Herocraft and we will always be working on them, drop back in anytime