• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Interesting opportunity for Alchemy update.

Nevinryal

Glowstone
We already have cool downs on potions in place to help balance things, everything that could be considered game breaking could always be disabled/adjusted of course as we've had to do this in the past. What's nice is this makes use of vanilla minecraft mechanics and handles the crafting portion in the conventional way. Something to consider to add SOMETHING to the Alchemy profession.

More potions adds more brewable potions to the game!

So yes, there are a lot of potion plugins out there that allow you to access the 'hidden' potions in the game, but More Potions has a big difference. More potions allows you to get these special potions through brewing! This means no cheaty commands, or permissions to hand out, just simple vanilla potion brewing. Of course if you want to cheat the potions in, there are options for this too :)

The potions
The plugin adds in the following new potions:

• Potion of Haste - This potion allows you to break blocks at faster speed, an additional 20% with each level.
  • Potion of Dullness - This is the opposite of the Potion of Haste.
  • Potion of Leaping - This increases the players jump height.
  • Potion of Nausea - This potion wobbles and warps the screen of the recipient.
  • Potion of Resistance - This potion reduces all incoming damage by 20% for each level.
  • Potion of Water Breathing - This potion sets and holds the air meter at 100% (Just like in 1.7)
  • Potion of Blindness - This potion creates a thick black fog around the player, as well as preventing sprinting and critical hits.
  • Potion of Hunger - This potion gives you an affect much like zombie flesh. It causes the food meter to deplete slowly.
  • Potion of Decay - This potion gives the recipient the wither effect.
  • Potion of Health Boost - This potion gives the player extra hearts.
  • Potion of Absorption - This potion adds absorption health to the player
  • Potion of Saturation - This potion causes the food meter to replenish by 0.5 hunger per
How it works
More potions replaces some of the recipes from vanilla Minecraft that are repeated. It is still possible to brew all of the vanilla potions.

Recipes
Now for the bit you have all been waiting for, just how do you create these new potions?

• Potion of Haste - Water Bottle + Glowstone Dust
  • Potion of Dullness - Water Bottle + Redstone Dust
  • Potion of Leaping - Water Bottle + Sugar
  • Potion of Nausea - Potion of Poison+ Fermented Spider Eye
  • Potion of Resistance - Water Bottle + Spider Eye
  • Potion of Water Breathing - Water Bottle + Fermented Spider Eye
  • Potion of Blindness - Potion of Swiftness + Fermented Spider Eye
  • Potion of Hunger - Awkward Potion + Fermented Spider Eye
  • Potion of Decay - Water Bottle + Blaze Powder
  • Potion of Health Boost - Water Bottle + Glistering Melon
  • Potion of Absorption - Water Bottle + Magma Cream
  • Potion of Saturation - Water Bottle + Ghast Tear
These recipes can now be rearranged. See the config page for more info.

Commands
  • /MP Give <Player> <Type> <Duration> <Potency> <Splash true|false> [Amount] - Those with the "MorePotions.Give" permission can spawn in custom potions
  • /MP List- This simply lists all of the potion types available for use in the <Type> section of the /MP Give command.
  • /MP Recipes - This lists all of the recipes for the custom potions.
  • /MP Reload - This reloads the plugins config file.
Permissions
  • MorePotions.Give - Allows you to use the /MP Give command.
  • MorePotions.Reload - Allows you to use the /MP Reload command.
  • MorePotions.List - Allows you to use the /MP List command.
  • MorePotions.Recipes - Allows you to use the /MP Recipes command.
  • MorePotions.Potion.* - Allows you to use all of the potions.
  • MorePotions.Potion.Absorption - Allows you to use Absorption potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.Blindness - Allows you to use Blindness potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.Confustion - Allows you to use Confustion(Nausea) potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.DamageResistance - Allows you to use Damage Resistance potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.FastDigging - Allows you to use Fast Digging(Haste) potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.HealthBoost - Allows you to use Health Boost potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.Hunger - Allows you to use Hunger potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.Jump - Allows you to use Jump(Leaping) potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.Saturation - Allows you to use Saturation potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.SlowDigging - Allows you to use Slow Digging(Dullness) potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.WaterBreathing - Allows you to use Water Breathing potion.
  • MorePotions.Potion.Wither - Allows you to use Wither(Decay) potion.
Video Time!

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The potions
The plugin adds in the following new potions:

• Potion of Haste - This potion allows you to break blocks at faster speed, an additional 20% with each level.
  • Potion of Dullness - This is the opposite of the Potion of Haste.
  • Potion of Leaping - This increases the players jump height.
  • Potion of Nausea - This potion wobbles and warps the screen of the recipient.
  • Potion of Resistance - This potion reduces all incoming damage by 20% for each level. No
  • Potion of Water Breathing - This potion sets and holds the air meter at 100% (Just like in 1.7) No
  • Potion of Blindness - This potion creates a thick black fog around the player, as well as preventing sprinting and critical hits.
  • Potion of Hunger - This potion gives you an affect much like zombie flesh. It causes the food meter to deplete slowly.
  • Potion of Decay - This potion gives the recipient the wither effect.
  • Potion of Health Boost - This potion gives the player extra hearts. No
  • Potion of Absorption - This potion adds absorption health to the player No
  • Potion of Saturation - This potion causes the food meter to replenish by 0.5 hunger per

• Thing is, we have a lot of skills that can apply these effects to people:
    • Potion of Haste - Excavate
    • Potion of Leaping - Goon Jump Is This. Or beacons.
    • Potion of Nausea - Various skills cause this.
    • Potion of Resistance - Beacon.
    • Potion of Water Breathing - Bard can give this to party, Necro can apply to self. Others might have this, not 100% on who does
    • Potion of Blindness - We have siliences, and blinds already..
    • Potion of Hunger - Necro has Famine.
    • Potion of Decay - Any DOT

The ones that lack skills arent all that amazing.
    Yes, regening Food Faster would be nice for Stam classes, but there's no "regen mana faster" potion.
  • Health Boost and Absorbtion are kinda OP for HC
  • Slower swing speed I can see being useful, but meh

Nevinryal

Glowstone
The problem is, as it stands now. Without added functionality/practicality to this profession. You may as well Update the wiki entry from Alchemist to Caffeine expert as it's just about the only thing anyone has a use for considering the already limited options for feasible brewing. I don't see what would be so game breaking for things like Water Breathing. You are having to carry a potion to activate it, not guaranteed to have it on you. Those classes get it for free, good for them. Could add some versatility to pvp without having to do massive class edits and relies on something even you agree we already have in place. I agree with Absorption, Health Boost would be how much more health exactly? We just took out Prot 4 armor for enchanting so it may be awhile till we get that back. Would you happen to have any interesting ideas to expand Alchemy? I'm sure the community could come up with something. =)

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
The problem is, as it stands now. Without added functionality/practicality to this profession. You may as well Update the wiki entry from Alchemist to Caffeine expert as it's just about the only thing anyone has a use for considering the already limited options for feasible brewing. I don't see what would be so game breaking for things like Water Breathing. You are having to carry a potion to activate it, not guaranteed to have it on you. Those classes get it for free, good for them. Could add some versatility to pvp without having to do massive class edits and relies on something even you agree we already have in place. I agree with Absorption, Health Boost would be how much more health exactly? We just took out Prot 4 armor for enchanting so it may be awhile till we get that back. Would you happen to have any interesting ideas to expand Alchemy? I'm sure the community could come up with something. =)
I'm open to expanding Alchemy, all for it in fact. I'm just against giving out things that classes have draws in. Water Breathing is an amazing helpful skill. Health Boost would have to be very minimal to not be broken. Giving squishy classes the ability to tank more, and giving tanks the ability to tank EVEN more.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I dunno, I think this is a great idea based solely on the fact that people with these skill can have access to them on a limited basis duration

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I dunno, I think this is a great idea based solely on the fact that people with these skill can have access to them on a limited basis duration
I'm gonna use BecomeDeath as my example here, BD can be used infinitely. The CD is 30 seconds, but lasts 2 Minutes. And it takes all of 1 or 2 mana ticks to get the mana for it back. Faster Digging, Higher Jumps, Water Breathing are things sought after, and have certain uses. Thus classes or special things are needed for them.

agedbear

A frightening Cactus!
I'm gonna use BecomeDeath as my example here, BD can be used infinitely. The CD is 30 seconds, but lasts 2 Minutes. And it takes all of 1 or 2 mana ticks to get the mana for it back. Faster Digging, Higher Jumps, Water Breathing are things sought after, and have certain uses. Thus classes or special things are needed for them.
I understand this, but wouldn't it be a good thing if for example a ninja could pop a water breathing pot that lasts for 30 seconds to chase down a Necro using BD who takes the fight to the bottom of the ocean? Or a 'Zerker pops a potion of leaping to narrow the sudden gap created by a Goon or Ranger

If these pots were given limited durations and costly mats they could add an interesting twist to certain situations

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I understand this, but wouldn't it be a good thing if for example a ninja could pop a water breathing pot that lasts for 30 seconds to chase down a Necro using BD who takes the fight to the bottom of the ocean? Or a 'Zerker pops a potion of leaping to narrow the sudden gap created by a Goon or Ranger

If these pots were given limited durations and costly mats they could add an interesting twist to certain situations
Short Duration, Longish CD, Semi-Costly Regents and I think it would work perfect. But how long before we have Paldins taking down Necros at the bottom of the Ocean?

Nevinryal

Glowstone
With the current cooldowns, that pally would either a. Have used up that speed 2 pot and STILL BE ON COOLDOWN or ran slow mo and lost that necro but hey least he can breathe under water :p

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
agree with most, not blindness though... if possible through the plugin, give each of the potions short durations like nausea and stuff.