• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Incentive to build nice things

Symbolite

Legacy Supporter 7
So I couldn't help but notice we have a lot of towns on the map and a lot of them are extremely ugly, some are not so bad but could be a lot better and then there is a gem here and there. What if we give towns some incentive to make themselves beautiful? Any town approved by the admins as being pretty enough gets like a 50c tax cut per week.

I think it may cause some players to think before they build things and just try a little harder. Plus being known as a nice looking town is a great little title to have!

MajorasMask

Ungodly
I agree so much! :D

I remember when towns used to have nice buildings. Now all they have is a huge ugly ass wall around their region.

Most of these walls are cobble walls! :(

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Indeed! :D I mean the wall in D101 is fine in my opinion. Just decorative and looks nice from the world map, and in-game near by areas.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
If the town is pretty looking, that should be incentive enough. You will get more citizens easier then the ugly ass cobble box cities, although it would be nice to get the 50c off the tax as well

Shenorai

Banned
People would rather steal resources out of town chests and sell them for profit. Gotta cover taxes somehow.

It's not until last night's "No stealing rare blocks in townships" law was reinstated that there is SOME protection against griefing. Of course, it could also be the Mayor's job to reinforce awesome building by either stating it in town laws ("No Dirt Houses!" "Don't overuse Cobble!" "Statues: Allowed. Sprites: Not Allowed" etc.) or by offering a reward for building a decent structure.

Hell, get some resources together and throw a building contest with a good reward at the end, whether it be coin, gold, or some valuable blocks. Whoever has the most impressive structure (decided by a committee of non-participants would be best) wins the contest and all first prize goodies. Second most impressive receives Honorable Mention and a prize.

Trok

ICE ICE ICE!
If the town is pretty looking, that should be incentive enough. You will get more citizens easier then the ugly ass cobble box cities, although it would be nice to get the 50c off the tax as well
*cough* Coal Harbor.