• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Improving Farmer?

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian
I know that farmer already gets exp from a lot of farming related things, but can't we improve it...? Just a little? Say, being able to gain exp from not just harvesting plants, but also from planting plants and tilling dirt. As a final touch up, do you think that you could add in a skill so farmers can sell passive mob drops? That would take out /skill sellwool but then we could sell other farm animals' parts via chestshop. Well what do you think? I hope this gets things changed, but if not, oh well I tried. :) Thanks for taking your time out and reading!

WitchOnaRampage, Midnight_Storm67 I know you two were farmers for a little while, so what are your imputs?

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I actually think Farmer does pretty well for exp ... and that's because I'd rather farm or log than mine...

Definitely would like to see Farmer be able to sell leather. Seems contrary to lore that they can't.

Isn't leather the only passive mob drop that Farmers can't currently sell? They're covered for wool and beef/pork/chicken food items. Also feathers, but I don't think there's much of a market for feathers. The few classes using bows could probs get feathers direct from farmers for making their arrows.

I'm gathering ideas about improving Scribe, and it seems to me that Forage fits better with Scribe than Farmer... which would be to take a skill away from Farmer but perhaps SellLeather could fit in there instead. (Ranger and Mystic both have Forage as combat class skills.)

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian
I actually think Farmer does pretty well for exp ... and that's because I'd rather farm or log than mine...

Definitely would like to see Farmer be able to sell leather. Seems contrary to lore that they can't.

Isn't leather the only passive mob drop that Farmers can't currently sell? They're covered for wool and beef/pork/chicken food items. Also feathers, but I don't think there's much of a market for feathers. The few classes using bows could probs get feathers direct from farmers for making their arrows.

I'm gathering ideas about improving Scribe, and it seems to me that Forage fits better with Scribe than Farmer... which would be to take a skill away from Farmer but perhaps SellLeather could fit in there instead. (Ranger and Mystic both have Forage as combat class skills.)

Well to me, I think that farmer should gain exp from planting and tilling anyway, it would make the levels go by faster. I don't know what it is, but to me it feels like the levels go by super fast if i know I'm gaining exp from doing something. My only concern is exploiting, say that person is a farmer and is laggy that day, so they go to farm. They start tilling gain .5 exp ... then oops! Lag caused their tilling not to save so it undos itself, normal grass is back. Then, that laggy farmer keeps gaining exp that way. Well there goes a honest way to gain exp...

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
They start tilling gain .5 exp ... then oops! Lag caused their tilling not to save so it undos itself, normal grass is back. Then, that laggy farmer keeps gaining exp that way. Well there goes a honest way to gain exp...
I don't think you get EXP if this happens, because you were lagging, the tile didn't really do anything. You get EXP from the server, not the client, I think. Moderators ?
The few classes using bows could probs get feathers direct from farmers for making their arrows.
Or meet up with a ranger casting a few SummonArrow.

DuskWolfMC

Obsidian
I don't think you get EXP if this happens, because you were lagging, the tile didn't really do anything. You get EXP from the server, not the client, I think. Moderators ?

Or meet up with a ranger casting a few SummonArrow.
Nonono, that never happened to me, I was just using that as an example.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
I don't think they should earn exp for planting/tilling because some people could plant/break and repeat that a thousand times.

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
You can break/replace with any block too...
Yeah but they give 0.01 exp. You would have to break/place the block almost 11 million times to master. What he is asking for is to make farmers easier to level. This would not even really be worth adding to farmers. Because 0.01 exp is soo small. If it is big than it is might be exploitable but if its not that than its not worth it

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
Yeah but they give 0.01 exp. You would have to break/place the block almost 11 million times to master. What he is asking for is to make farmers easier to level. This would not even really be worth adding to farmers. Because 0.01 exp is soo small. If it is big than it is might be exploitable but if its not that than its not worth it
Glowstone gives 2 XP, and bookshelves give 1 XP. Of course it requires a silk touch pickaxe, but it's still possible.

Jaw895

Legacy Supporter 8
I was thinking this last night i think planting crops should givr .1 or .5. That would help the slowness of farmer.