• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Idea for locks/LWC

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
I have a idea on how to make locks much better.
As of now you buy a lock, put it on a chest, and the lock is only on that chest and if you want to move or something (destroy the chest or remove the lock) you just lost your lock that costs 500c.

Now my idea is that you pay 500c to upgrade your lock limit, so when you pay 500c the limit goes from 0 to 1, now you can lock a chest and delock it when you want without losing your lock.
Making you able to move the lock.

If 1 lock isn't enough you buy an another lock for 500c, upgrading your limit to 2 locks,
so you can upgrade your limit to, let's say 10(up to the coders/admins)

Now let's make an example,
you live in a town, have 8 chests and 8 locks.
But, you want to move. So you unlock the chests and make a new house,
you arange your chests and put your 8 locks on them.
Simple. You shold have to lose a lock when you want to move it.
500c is hard to get;)

R3xz

Glowstone
I agree that bought LWC should give the most worth possible, and that is the ability to use it again once bought. I see about 4 abandoned LWC in the wilderness in my time playing here because that person has moved his or her home. I believe they are still being use otherwise the LWC would be destroyed already. But anyway, still a burden on the player and kinda annoying as hell not being able to move it without losing it.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
agreed, i have 4 abandoned lwcs, and my free donor chest isn't working.

I'm holding out on buying my LWC because I plan to build something bigger and better in a different area. But I won't buy it now because I won't be able to reuse it.
+1

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
agreed, i have 4 abandoned lwcs, and my free donor chest isn't working.
You only get the free chest if your total lwc's < # of free lwc's
I believe this is correct, based on my understanding of the wiki

Dsawemd

Legacy Supporter 8
What if you could have the option to pay 5000 for a moveable lwc instead of 500 for a fixed one?
Regular limits would of course apply

Shenorai

Banned
If you have 13 chests and 6 furnaces, yes.
...only six? Seriously?

With as much cobble that you can easily get, I've seen people use well over 100 furnaces to mass-produce materials for people asking for it. (ie: IkaosI) Smooth and Smooth Slabs can give plenty of coin if you know what you're doing.

Don't forget that 'smelting' logs in a furnace gives you charcoal. 1 log = 1 coal. 1 coal = 8 logs = 8 coal. 8 coal = 64 logs =64 coal. And so on and so forth. Logs mean coal means fuel for your furnaces.

R3xz

Glowstone
What if you could have the option to pay 5000 for a moveable lwc instead of 500 for a fixed one?
Regular limits would of course apply

Yes, because everyone in the server should be able to afford to trade a town for an LWC chest that's movable.

If anything I feel that everyone should get LWC slots for less than 500c, given how much more difficult it is now to mine and how much more risky it is to fight against mobs for coins.