• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Herocraft Feedback!

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Problem with wizard's passive skill to throw enderpearls. You can not prepare it (no msg at all) and you can not throw enderpearls because you havent prepare it.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Do you have the required amount of points and the slot to prepare it?
I think the problem might be that it doesnt have a requirement, because trying with 30 points left, and a empty slot, doesnt allow me (it just doesnt show any msg at all)

EDIT: Nevermind, passives dont have to be prepared, you just have them, but to throw enderpearls, you have to put it on your offhand

Last edited:

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Feel like we should have /ah globaly again. Or at least be able to see the items listed. People dont even go to the ah because its empty most of the time and it isnt worth to check. Maybe let players have 3 selling items for non-merchants so it has more offers.

Wryl

Coal
i have a caster class idea

Witch :) => deals damage to oponents by using voodoo doll
skill examples
Bind Enemy : Witch binds its enemy to the voodoo doll (only 1 enemy can be bound to voodoo doll)
if witch tries to bind another enemy the previous target will be freed .
Crush Heart : if bound enemy has less than 30% hp witch can instantly execute that target (unlimited range)
Crush Eyes : Blinds the bound enemy .
Drain Mind : Drains bound enemy's mana
Exhaust : Drains bound enemy's stamina
Replace : Switches places with bound enemy ( has unlimited range ) this is a skill perfect for raiding towns .
Curse : Witch curses the bound enemy ( Damage over time effect )
Crush Legs : bounded enemy can't move or cast skills for 4 seconds.
Unholy Bound : creates a bound with the target , if target damages the witch it takes 20% of the damage.

don't hate me :( i just had an idea and it seemed cool to me so i shared it with the server .

Zrock1013

Retired Staff
*Balancing economy suggestion*
At this point and time withing the map, and gold only being worth 1c per ingot compared to previous amounts. I believe that either raising the cost of gold, or making the percentage chance of getting extra gold from the /skill smeltgold on miner. That would allow players to buy gold for 1.25c per ore and allow for players to use the economy in a more viable manner.
Just an idea on how to make the economy more "playercentric" rather than only relying on the gold exchange.

Wryl

Coal
My suggestion is about balancing the necromancer ,
Necromancer is supposed to be that dot mage with no mobility that heals itself .
there are 2 big problems .
first problem is about recycling mana . necro has a skill called dark ritual , basically dark ritual allows necro to trade its 100 hp for 200 mana .
the problem about dark ritual is necro's self heal is not enough , main self heal and only self heal skill is drain soul and it heals for 83 hp and it costs 100 mana . so basically if you use both of these skills together its 13 hp for 100 mana and 100 mana is not enough for a caster , you suicide in order to gain mana or you only gain 100 mana and most of your skills costs more than 100 mana . my solution for this is giving necro soul leech . soul leech fits the dot concept and it heals more than 83 hp but the main difference between these skills is one of them heals you instantly and the other one heals at the end of the effect , still dot'ing the enemy and kiting is necromancers' play style so sou leech fits better .
what would this fix ? More hp regained = more mana and its dot so it fits the concept .
second problem is cc (crowd control) . As you all know necromancer has no crowd control , my solution for this problem is giving necro shadowknights' Terror skill . there is no need to code another unique skill for necros' cc , instead give him a skill from shadowknight . shadowknight and necro are similar classes , why aren't they using the same cc ?
Those were my solutions for balancing necro .
I would like to hear everyone's opinion , thanks for reading .

lokanxx

TNT
enchanter needs some work, some thing that gives more reliability on what you get and to purge the enchant that are not usable it the game would be nice. at the very lest implement a way we can use enchantment books.

Spyglazz

TNT
I think unique gear should not have a level req to use, but the damage + stats of the item should match the player's level who is using it. This way the gear isn't just a level 50 thing, more of a grow-with-the-player, since it's the rarest kind of loot.

ilovepigsman

Stone
I found a damage bug with the musket for samurai and ranger that players on this server have been abusing, You could swing the musket at melee range at the speed that you would use in 1.8 and able to dish out way more damage per second than any other weapon

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I found a damage bug with the musket for samurai and ranger that players on this server have been abusing, You could swing the musket at melee range at the speed that you would use in 1.8 and able to dish out way more damage per second than any other weapon
It's already been slated to be fixed.

Nero_Draka

Gold
Just curious if anyone would be interested in maybe putting forward the idea of trying something old that server had 3-4 years ago. it was 1.7.10 the townships were booming and the community was great we had pvp in the south and pve in the north. Towns had to form allies in order to exchange soul items generated by their towns biome special buildings or mass produce them and sell them randomly in some of the best desgined shops the server had ever laid eyes on. dungeon crawls and parties were forming everywhere and in the south pvp was constant and fun even if you hated you died you still got a laugh about just how bad you got outclassed by someone devoted to their class. I know most people probably wouldn't want to revert down to 1.7.10 but from what I have the seen the player base is dead or at least crippled severely maybe taking a look back at the past and trying to bring it back into the light with a breathe of fresh air and tweaks/ updates could revive what was once one of the greatest rpg servers that I ever had the honor of playing and donating on.

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Just curious if anyone would be interested in maybe putting forward the idea of trying something old that server had 3-4 years ago. it was 1.7.10 the townships were booming and the community was great we had pvp in the south and pve in the north. Towns had to form allies in order to exchange soul items generated by their towns biome special buildings or mass produce them and sell them randomly in some of the best desgined shops the server had ever laid eyes on. dungeon crawls and parties were forming everywhere and in the south pvp was constant and fun even if you hated you died you still got a laugh about just how bad you got outclassed by someone devoted to their class. I know most people probably wouldn't want to revert down to 1.7.10 but from what I have the seen the player base is dead or at least crippled severely maybe taking a look back at the past and trying to bring it back into the light with a breathe of fresh air and tweaks/ updates could revive what was once one of the greatest rpg servers that I ever had the honor of playing and donating on.
Reverting back to before the MC PvP changes would be great, but the server actually began dieing upon the introduction of the dual continent system. This server needs to return to its true roots, with PvP being the norm across the entire map except for spawn. Almost all of the original MMOs had open world PvP, which was a big reason for their success.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Reverting back to before the MC PvP changes would be great, but the server actually began dieing upon the introduction of the dual continent system. This server needs to return to its true roots, with PvP being the norm across the entire map except for spawn. Almost all of the original MMOs had open world PvP, which was a big reason for their success.
I agree with not splitting the continents. However, the soul item system was a great townships system that I miss dearly.

Nero_Draka

Gold
I am fully on board with pvp everywhere aside maybe making towns safe zones unless you have declared war? and then then outside of spawn shops and town zones not in war its all pvp free for all. what would it take to convince kainzo though?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Exce[t you have a few errors in your statement. 1) Herocraft's true roots are in PVE / Town building. PVP was an additive later on. Though I agree it was popular with the class system.

Early MMO's werent steeped in PVP...
UO had PVP everywhere and later removed
EverQuest out of 50 servers had 3 singularly devoted to open world PVP and it was very small in pop comparatively.
WoW released and the majority of servers were not PVP-ON, most of the players were in the PVE servers.
I am fully on board with pvp everywhere aside maybe making towns safe zones unless you have declared war? and then then outside of spawn shops and town zones not in war its all pvp free for all. what would it take to convince kainzo though?
1.7.10 is far too outdated. We'd be crushing the playerbase due to the client restrictions. The only server on 1.7.10 are the ones using Cauldron or heavily modded gameplay.

We have a thread up for the great "return to PVP" server

ZeroStormAI

Legacy Supporter 4
First i think we need to know when the server population started to drop.
what caused it?
what could bring people back?
how would we implement changes to bring people back?