• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Hardcore!

@Recknod Please add a verb to your "sentence". I have no idea what you are trying to say.
@Shenorai, I think that "hardcore" means no cheats/hacks. The point of Minecraft is that we are bound by physics and that we need to work to earn our items. No flying, x-raying, or spawning of items. As for PvP/raiding, I agree with the server that there should be very few non-PvP areas (spawn points & town halls make sense to me). The difference between "hardcore" and "impossible" should be noted. I think that raiders/enemy combatants are good. We kind of get used to pathetic creepers/zombies/skeletons and forget that a game is actually supposed to have difficult opponents. Raiders and other forms of PvP provide that challenge that makes game fun or "hardcore". People like to play Hard mode on video games where there are more enemies and they are faster, have more health, etc. But if you played a game where you died every time and lost all your items and had your structures destroyed, you wouldn't play anymore. It would stop being fun once it went from "hard" to "impossible".

MD_Bay

Legacy Supporter 4
@Recknod Please add a verb to your "sentence". I have no idea what you are trying to say.
He doesn't know if this is a troll thread or not, you'r a retard if you don't know what he is saying...

Recknod

Legacy Supporter 2
@eisbaerBorealis

Really bigdog?
Im really starting to get tired of your pompous asshatery ingame and out.
I dont know where you got this sense of self importance or authority on the server, but it is noted and not liked.
If you want to swing your epeen try a more creative way other then grammar/rule policing.

I really couldn't tell what you were trying to say. I had it narrowed down between "I'm not sure if this is a troll thread" or "Not sure.[/sarcasm] Troll thread". You really can be hard to understand, and I admit I will probably just stop asking for clarification in the future, since learning what you meant isn't quite as enlightening as I had hoped.
Thank goodness for urban dictionary...

Shenorai

Banned
MOVING ON.

But yeah. When I first came to Herocraft half a year ago, I actually liked the idea of a hardcore server where there are no handouts, you don't get TPs (unless you are literally summoned by one of the 'Gods'), and it's the work of the players that shape the world. Sure, PVP being involved can be annoying at times, but it's unavoidable. And adds on to the thrill of playing, considering the mobs are normally far too affected by lag to do much.

Watter_Bottle

Legacy Supporter 4
No.. hardcore is getting raided for four hours without cause or any sign of a near end.. getting killed multiple times for nothing. Finding the dirt box with a bed in it our attackers called a base, to find that they did not even keep what they stole but simply wanted to pvp.

not saying any names (texteo Majorasmask xyster11 and a few others) but hardcore becomes bullshit after a while.
I admit im raging a little.. but i feel i stand on solid ground when i voice my opinion after trying to reason multiple times.

For me hardcore can be too hardcore.. in some cases.

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
watter_bottle, theres a difference between being a douche and being a raider, which apparently that group doesnt know.

To me a hardcore server would have no handouts, no TPs, very few safe zones, pvp in towns( if your town is breach-able). So to me this is defiantly the perfect hardcore server.

RedKhan

Soulsand
To me a hardcore server would have no handouts, no TPs, very few safe zones, pvp in towns( if your town is breach-able). So to me this is defiantly the perfect hardcore server.

I hope that when regions are properly introduced that town boundaries can't simply be hammered through. Because if they can, walls and gates are a bit redundant. I think PvP should be allowed in towns (Perhaps with a safe area) but I don't think it should be the cake walk that it currently is to gain access/entry to the towns.

And hardcore is a bullshit word. I guess it means that getting by isn't easy, nothing is handed to you and the world is pretty cut throat?

Farroes

Legacy Supporter 6
redkhan, once regions are out only your own citizens can hammer through your walls, so its entirely possible to make an impervious fortress. I think everyone on the server is looking forward to regions :p

RedKhan

Soulsand
Haha, well I don't know about everyone..

I think we'll see a few ragequits from the less popular raiders. If pvp is harder and they have a bad rep, things might not be as fun for them.

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
We call ourselves hardcore, but I've never felt it was truly "hardcore" on this server. It's survival, yeah, so there's no "let's edit the world together" Classic MC feel, but it's not painful or exhausting. Herocraft is really just the game that Kainzo and the other founders want to play. I think we use "hardcore" as a shorthand for "we're not going to wipe your ass while you build a giant rainbow ball, or a 1:1 replica of Deep Space Nine or something."

Doreagarde

Legacy Supporter 5
Three donkies and a gnome
If you're into that sort of thing, I guess it doesn't get much more hardcore than that.

Ooh! I guess I didn't answer your original question, Shenorai. Hardcore, in the context of Minecraft, as defined by me, could be best experienced through playing the SSP seed discussed in this thread for a half-hour or so. Breaking through to the surface after much exploration, I thought to myself, "yeah, that was hardcore".