• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Forum Background

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Can we change the background of our forum or to atleast a non-animated one, it is very laggy when browsing through the forums.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm concerned about this. I'm not noticing any difference myself, but I'm seeing a fair few comments about how the laggy forums are making people less inclined to use them. This is not a positive.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
What are people running on? Unless you are using a phone, the background has no impact on performance at all.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah I havnt seen any difference myself but a lot of times when Im using the forums its on my phone (havnt used it on my phone sence new backround) I've heard a lot of complaints though

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
I get a few spikes when browsing through my laptop, but it's mostly on the phone. Typing and browsing is very laggy on the phone.

Clawscript

Obsidian
What are people running on? Unless you are using a phone, the background has no impact on performance at all.
Well, I'm using a 6 year-old PC which was originally a Vista but we downloaded Windows 8 to it, since 7 wasn't available. However, since I'm probably the one with the weakest PC here, even others with better stuff get spikes.

TheYeti

Raaaawr!
Legacy Supporter 8
Your phone shouldn't be displaying the animated background. I specifically set it to not display the animation on anything below 800px width (ie. cell phones and most tablets)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Your phone shouldn't be displaying the animated background. I specifically set it to not display the animation on anything below 800px width (ie. cell phones and most tablets)
Can confirm, my iPhone 5s does not display any background at all.

Trist95

Legacy Supporter 7
i think there should be an option to remove it

some people just don't have the bandwidth to load the moving background for every page

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Up until a few minutes ago, I absolutely dreaded browsing forums due to the lag. I'd either have to significantly reduce my screen size or use my phone. Seems to be working fine now though..

Before "get a better computer", I am running a new PC, both my pc's struggled, and my laptop as well.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I get a few spikes when browsing through my laptop, but it's mostly on the phone. Typing and browsing is very laggy on the phone.
The background "should" be disabled on mobile devices or anything that has less than 800 px.... @TheYeti can attest as he coded it.

I've tested it on my mobile device and no background is loaded.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
The background "should" be disabled on mobile devices or anything that has less than 800 px.... @TheYeti can attest as he coded it.

I've tested it on my mobile device and no background is loaded.
I use an iPad and it loads the background for me.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Don't think you can, but is there anyway to disable the animated background at all? Once I have two or more hero craft links opened, everything is very laggy. Just typing this text out is quite annoying because it registers the text so slowly. For both my iPad and computer.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Don't think you can, but is there anyway to disable the animated background at all? Once I have two or more hero craft links opened, everything is very laggy. Just typing this text out is quite annoying because it registers the text so slowly. For both my iPad and computer.
on my iphone its not that bad, but on my computer its pretty bad, its really discouraging to be on the forums when its laggy like this :/