• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Favorite Type of Music and Songs?

Selenide

Coal
Hey guys! Selenide here just trying to expand my musical horizons and learn more about all you guys! I just wanna know your favorite genre of music and some of your favorite songs from that genre! Hopefully we can learn something about each other and find some other songs that we really enjoy!

If you could just post your genre and songs like this:

Genre:
Song1 - Artist1
Song2 - Artist2
Song3 - Artist3 ... etc.

It would be super great and easy to read!
I'll start off:

Genre: Indie Pop
Gasoline - Halsey
Sweet Ophelia - Zella Day
New Obsession - Frankie
Under the Influence - Elle King

Selenide

Coal
@has400 If you're actually being serious, I'm a huge Taylor Swift fan too! I just saw a Berklee College of Music group do an amazing a capella cover of her song Wonderland that I just loved!

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
Well.... to be honest I dislike to share my musical interest because it is something quite strange for someone of my gender and age.
But whatever

Pop(y)
Evacuate The Dancefloor- Cascada
Manicure- Lady GaGa

And secretly I like Anaconda- I think we know about that song.

Ignore all the grammar and spelling mistake, wrote this in the fly.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
These are just some things I listen to. I also want to mention that I had the shortlink hc.to/music redirected to a new site where you can make a playlist, join a waitlist, play the songs you put into the waitlist when its your turn, and speak with others in chat. I'm currently the only mod and am not on it all the time, but feel free to use it.

hc.to/music

Most of the stuff I listen to falls under some sort of sub category of rock or metal, but that does not mean it all sounds the same.
(Song name) - (Artist) - (Comments)
God Went North - Nothing More - This song was the first to actually make me emotional since I know the bands story and the story behind the song.
This is the Time - Nothing More - The song that got me into Nothing More and is also their first hit.

Musical Chairs - Fair to Midland - This group broke up a while back but I love their stuff.
The Greener Grass - Fair to Midland

A Rose for Epona - Eluveitie - I just love the instrumental this group uses although I am not a huge fan for growling in their other songs.
Inis Mona - Eluveitie

Lydia - Highly Suspect - I came to love this song in recent months and love this bands work.
Bath Salts - Highly Suspect

Figure It Out - Royal Blood - This is a band that is growing fast and getting more attention.

I like Shinedown's stuff.

ALL THINGS AND ANYTHING THAT INVOLVES JACK WHITE

_Trains_

Obsidian
Take back the night - Tryhardninja
Adventure of a lifetime - Two steps from hell
All blues - Miles Davis
Lingus - Snarky Puppy
Wariowere theme - Nintendo

Anything Elvis as well

I'll try to move upward through the years to get the best songs from each decade that embodies what it was all about.

In A Sentimental Mood- Duke Ellington: (40's) Really amazing if you like jazz (like myself). If you don't, the piano solo might be a bit hard to swallow. Solid to fall asleep to as well. (If you like this, check out Naima by Coltrane)

50's is kinda... Bleh.

Count Funkula- George Clinton: (60's) He is the true king of funk...

Miss You- Rolling Stones: (70's) Probably represents the feel of the 70's the best. Really groovy.

One- Metallica: (80's) Late eighties and kind of dark. One of the greatest guitar solos ever though.

Yellow Ledbetter- Pearl Jam: (90's) Although made in the year 2000, Pearl Jam was at its peak popularity in the 90's. It starts with a really amazing guitar riff, and is overall awesome.

The Pretender- Foo Fighters: (00's) One of their best. Some might argue that the 2000's were dominated by pop, but pop is garbage, so Foo it is. Honestly one of my favorite songs though.

Rock Bottom- King Krule: (Current) Definitely tops my chart of perspective artists. He is not insanely well know, but his music is great. At the very least he is not known in the US since he is based in Dublin I believe. He has got one of the highest quality/song ratio I have seen.
Hey guys! Selenide here just trying to expand my musical horizons and learn more about all you guys! I just wanna know your favorite genre of music and some of your favorite songs from that genre! Hopefully we can learn something about each other and find some other songs that we really enjoy!

If you could just post your genre and songs like this:

Genre:
Song1 - Artist1
Song2 - Artist2
Song3 - Artist3 ... etc.

It would be super great and easy to read!
I'll start off:

Genre: Indie Pop
Gasoline - Halsey
Sweet Ophelia - Zella Day
New Obsession - Frankie
Under the Influence - Elle King
Since you like Indie-type stuff I will just give a couple of my favorites.

Shuffle- Bombay Bicycle Club

Two Weeks- Grizzly Bear

Will Call (ft. Diplo)- Grizzly Bear

The band Phoenix is good as well.

Rambi_

Legacy Supporter 6
Genre: Indierock

Things we lost in the fire - Bastille
Bad Blood - Bastille
Icarus - Bastille
Of The Night - Bastille
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Demons - Imagine Dragons
On Top Of The World - Imagine Dragons

Genre: Alternative rock

Yellow - Coldplay
The Scientist - Coldplay
Viva La Vida - Coldplay
Princess Of China - Coldplay

Genre: Electro Pop

Rather be - Clean Bandit & Jess Glynne
Birch - Clean Bandit & Eliza Shaddad
A + E - Clean Bandit & Nikki Cislyn & Javeon

Genre: House
Firestone - Kygo
Stole The Show - Kygo
Nothing Left - Kygo
Sweet Escape - Alleso ft. Sirena
Heroes We Could Be - Alleso ft. Tove Lo

Genre: Punk Rock
Anything of Fall Out Boy

Tried including something off all my favorite genres .-.

Last edited:

Selenide

Coal
@Dafefman I love Phoenix and I'll definitely be sure to check out the other songs!

More lists for other genres :p

Genre: Alt / Punk Rock
Just One Yesterday - Fall Out Boy
Sugar We're Going Down - Fall Out Boy
Ballad of Mona Lisa - Panic! At The Disco
Victorious - Panic! At The Disco
Can't Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Genre: Electric
Anchor - Tritonal
Gold - Adventure Club
Beautiful Now - Zedd
Human - Krewella

radicater11

Legacy Supporter 3
Genre: Classic Rock
Jukebox Hero - Foreigner
Dancing Queen - Elton John (Cover)
Superstition - Stevie Wonder
These are among other, didn't want a wall of songs.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm a fan of S3RL, jordesuvi, Plasma3Music, Regate and stuff like that.

Here's the playlist I used to use for plug.dj Link

*Regate isn't in there because he died and I forgot I was subscribed to him, so here are some of my favorite songs:

Ctrl Alt Bingo
Resolve
Horizons