• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

End of perks?

Weikauno

Coder
So, since so many servers these days are P2W, Mojang is thinking about banning perks and stuff given for donating to a server. I think in the long run this would mostly help the legit servers like us, since the crappy servers will go down and people will turn to the remaining servers, but this change would also mean we wouldn't be able to get the little things we get for donating. So yeah, may be good for the server, but will take a few dollars that could have been earned for a pet or whatever away.

edit: Plus people will lose their pets and titles and other stuff :( (if they're that strict)

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
So, since so many servers these days are P2W, Mojang is thinking about banning perks and stuff given for donating to a server. I think in the long run this would mostly help the legit servers like us, since the crappy servers will go down and people will turn to the remaining servers, but this change would also mean we wouldn't be able to get the little things we get for donating. So yeah, may be good for the server, but will take a few dollars that could have been earned for a pet or whatever away.

edit: Plus people will lose their pets and titles and other stuff :( (if they're that strict)

I believe Kainzo said we are fine.

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Lol, the video.
I am pretty sure I know the person whose kids were responsible for stealing his credit card and spending $1200 on HC a year ago or so.
In most cases I would side with the server, but I know this guy and he has been struggling to house his family for years and having a really tough time. I know that if he got stuck with that bill he would have been ruined. This guys sons lost access to computers for over half a year before they regained any limited access.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The above guy is an actor. He plays a character.

In either case, nothing is changing at the moment - if something is to change, we will make a massive announcement.

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
I believe Kainzo said we are fine.
Yep.

e66f4b5c25.png

Aww, Ninja'd by Kainzo.

Dwarfers

Legacy Supporter 6
Watched first two minutes. Sort of cracked up when his voice got high pitched at 1:35.

Also it's called MOYANG! Muahahaha

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Just thought of loopholes to this T_T
A. Donating to Keep the Server Costs ( AKA Machine ) and developer costs, administrator costs, staff ( Which isnt Profit if its just mainaining itself ) ( This is probably the least likely to work Option )
B. Donating to get a code to activate Perks ( Kinda a stupid go around but it would work )
C. Buying an actual product that has an ingame change added for free ( Like Kainzo's cool Shirt in Minecon ;3 )

I truely hope Herocraft is not effected. I <3 this server too much... Thank you @Kainzo, staff and players for an awesome time here :D
Not to mention there wouldn't be anywhere else to go... o_o

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The above guy is an actor. He plays a character.

In either case, nothing is changing at the moment - if something is to change, we will make a massive announcement.
Yea but this one isn't a Francis video, this is his legit opinion not one of his character's videos.

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
I doubt mojang would start pulling servers who took money. It would literally be the death of their most popular game. Multiplayer mixed with cleaver coding is the only reason people still play mc imo.

On a side note- That's a large man. heh