• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Don't ban players for small crimes, fine them.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Have you read the thread? You get 2 warnings/fines first and then a ban.
Also, this is for small crimes that normally wouldn't ban someone/ban someone for less than a week.
Still, a fining for breaking the rules isnt necessary, because you arent meant to get yourself banned in the first place.

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
This is a good idea just charge 100 coins the first time then double it then double it then double it that's all you should do until he resets after a month of not doing anything bad

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
In addition to their sentence - I usually leech 10-20% coin. Been doing this for a while but I have rarely been dishing punishments these days.

Archmage_Lloyd

Soulsand
I admit it sounded good at first but there are way too many "Backdoors" in the fining system for the admins and coders to cover. Even my suggestion has flaws like people porting the jailed out (though the party command could be restricted) there will be people who manage to find a way to exploit any punishment system, however when you are banned, you can't exploit it unless you deliberately make alt accounts and proxy IP's.

Whats worse is that you cannot have a percent NOR a set fine for each crime, Because set fines may be little money for rich people, and a percentage means that you will always be able to pay the fine... come on, 0.25c x 0.25 = 0.06 then 0.06 x 0.25 = 0.015 <-- which again can't be done because the currency is fixated to 2 decimals.

But I seriously like my cage idea. If that were implemented, public humiliation may be fun.
AND they can't play :D

Templar_James

Legacy Supporter 8
I admit it sounded good at first but there are way too many "Backdoors" in the fining system for the admins and coders to cover. Even my suggestion has flaws like people porting the jailed out (though the party command could be restricted) there will be people who manage to find a way to exploit any punishment system, however when you are banned, you can't exploit it unless you deliberately make alt accounts and proxy IP's.

Whats worse is that you cannot have a percent NOR a set fine for each crime, Because set fines may be little money for rich people, and a percentage means that you will always be able to pay the fine... come on, 0.25c x 0.25 = 0.06 then 0.06 x 0.25 = 0.015 <-- which again can't be done because the currency is fixated to 2 decimals.

But I seriously like my cage idea. If that were implemented, public humiliation may be fun.
AND they can't play :D

If you have an alt then they will just check all of the same ips that have been logged into the server and ban them. Ehh but you are right about proxy ips but I also like the idea of caging people and they shouldn't be able to type commands in that cage

awsumguy75321

Obsidian
How would you enforce that "not AFK" rule. It's impossible.
A very, very boring way would be to have someone watch them an for every 5 minutes no movement has been made and they haven't said anything in chat, increase the sentence by 15 minutes.

Xargun

Legacy Supporter 9
Not sure if fines are the way to go - perhaps take some levels -- I don't think ANYONE loves to level -- except Midnight_Storm. Coins are easy to get but experience is not. I know for a fact I rarely pe pillars anymore. Even though I don't pvp all the time I do enjoy it at certain times and with the number of pvpers slowly dwindling I don't want to lose any more. So I'm kind of stuck - pe them and possible watch them get a ban or let it go and encourage that behavior. Not a good choice.