• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion DK Suggestion.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
When I think of a dreadknight, I think of auras immensing from they're bodies to instill fear in the enemies. Having to aura swap during fights would be an intriguing matter, bringing a selfish tanking class up to par next to a paladin (which people may be rolling over dk for this reason). Was thinking keeping the current aura and adding in 2 more supportish auras, or take a different route and make 2 debuffing auras? This would allow the dreadknight to aura swap based on the situation of fights, allowing intriguing strategies to be played. Some examples:

*NOTE: ONLY 1 AURA CAN BE ACTIVE, AURA DANCING/SWAPPING WILL BE NECESSARY BASED ON THE SITUATION/DEMANDS OF THE FIGHT*

InstabilityAura: Reduces the magical resistance and armor of your enemies by 2% per pulse for 5seconds (Max Stacks 2/or4%) . Each pulse ticks every 3 seconds, 4 block radius range. 55/tick, 5 sec cd.

or

InstabilityAura: Reduces the magical resistance and armor of your enemies by 2% per pulse for 5seconds (Max Stacks 2/or4%) . Each pulse ticks every 3 seconds, 4 block radius range.100 Mana 5 sec cd.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
FluctuationAura: Reflects 1% of the damage taken back at the enemy and heals nearby party members (12 block radius) for the amount of damage reflected back. 55/tick, 5sec cd.

Or

FluctuationAura: Reflects 1% of the damage taken back at the enemy and heals nearby party members (12 block radius) for the amount of damage reflected back. 100 Mana, 5sec cd.

Remove Curse and add in:

WitheringAura: Reduces nearby enemies chance to hit by 5% for 5seconds every 3 seconds, 3 block radius. Party members within a 12 block radius also restores 12hp over 8 seconds. 100 mana cost, 5sec cd.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
or remove ManaFreeze and add in:

DiscordantAura: Drains 1% of all nearby mana pool (Max 30 mana) every 3 seconds and returns it to the caster, 4 block radius tick. 55/tick 5sec cd.

or

DiscordantAura: Drains 1% of all nearby mana pool (Max 30 mana) every 3 seconds and returns it to the caster, 4 block radius tick. 150 Mana 5sec cd.

I guess the main concept I'm trying to get at, and yes it was inspired by the best pvp game ever. Warhammer Online (RIP). There was a class called the Chosen, it resembles our dreadknight....but they were a force to be wreckened with. The damage was alright, but what made the class "terrifying" to the enemy was the 3 auras they could keep up during fights. Each step they took shook the foundation of fights, they were the fearless frontliners. To bring this concept to herocraft would be an overwhelmingly great change to this selfish class. I don't play it but paladins have too much of the spotlight atm. To compensate, the damage on some spells could be lowered, but this would ultimately be the best route.

Long live the Terror.

Chosen_zps5e4291db.jpg

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
That is one badass Dreadknight Picture!

I could see this actually being a thing. Other ideas:
  • Rename Dread Aura -> Leeching Aura: Deals damage and heals the user
  • New Dread Aura: Deals damage and induces "Fear" (Actually a slow/nausea)
  • Withering Aura: Deals damage and reduces outgoing damage of affected enemies
  • Corrupted Aura: Deals damage and increases damage against affected enemies
  • Plague Aura: Deals damage and reduces healing of affected enemies
  • Draining Aura: Deals damage and steals stamina (Basically Discordant, but stamina)
That said, I really like the idea of replacing mana freeze with Discordant Aura and the general idea of more auras. Though if this where added, I would have it that you could only have 1 aura up at a time, but they would be more powerful than they currently are.

One last thing. am I the only one who dislikes the tick rate on Dread aura? When I think of an aura (In the case of Dreadknight) I think of a black mass that is constantly devouring me. Currently the tick rate of every 3 seconds feels finicky. I think it would be better if it was changed to 1 or 0.5 seconds and have the damage/scaling adjusted accordingly.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
That is one badass Dreadknight Picture!

I could see this actually being a thing. Other ideas:
  • Rename Dread Aura -> Leeching Aura: Deals damage and heals the user
  • New Dread Aura: Deals damage and induces "Fear" (Actually a slow/nausea)
  • Withering Aura: Deals damage and reduces outgoing damage of affected enemies
  • Corrupted Aura: Deals damage and increases damage against affected enemies
  • Plague Aura: Deals damage and reduces healing of affected enemies
  • Draining Aura: Deals damage and steals stamina (Basically Discordant, but stamina)
That said, I really like the idea of replacing mana freeze with Discordant Aura and the general idea of more auras. Though if this where added, I would have it that you could only have 1 aura up at a time, but they would be more powerful than they currently are.

One last thing. am I the only one who dislikes the tick rate on Dread aura? When I think of an aura (In the case of Dreadknight) I think of a black mass that is constantly devouring me. Currently the tick rate of every 3 seconds feels finicky. I think it would be better if it was changed to 1 or 0.5 seconds and have the damage/scaling adjusted accordingly.

Yeah sorry, I wanted it only to be "1" aura up at a time with 5second cooldowns, so if you have to think about which auras you want to swap based on the situation of the fight. People don't roll tanks to burst out damage, so the concept of this dreadknight is a bit lacking at the moment and I feel this would be a great change. Tanks are meant to be a "frontline support" more than anything. Also I feel that if auras are a big factor that the mana cost would need to be reduced, for the mana pool/mana regen is lacking. Thanks for the input.

Super593

Glowstone
It'd be intresting to see Dreadknight become an "AuraKnight"

Of course that wouldn't be it's actual name

What if we turned some of the aura's suggested into basic skills it could use?

EX:plague Aura=PlagueStrike

Does like what 60 DMG + 0.5 per strength point along with giving the enemy a DOT of 5 DMG per second for 5 seconds

DrainLife

The Dreadknight Drains the enemies soul.Dealing 10 DMG per second for a total of 20 seconds and healing the dread knight for half the damage inflicted.This skill is a "Channel".This skill is also affected by the enemies magic resistance.

Channel:It occurs over the period of time and can be interuppted when the Dreadknight takes a total of 100+ damage in a short period of time or by left clicking rapidly.

I like the concept of Dread Aura and Withering aura tho.Those could potentially be in game.

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
When I think of a dreadknight, I think of auras immensing from they're bodies to instill fear in the enemies. Having to aura swap during fights would be an intriguing matter, bringing a selfish tanking class up to par next to a paladin (which people may be rolling over dk for this reason). Was thinking keeping the current aura and adding in 2 more supportish auras, or take a different route and make 2 debuffing auras? This would allow the dreadknight to aura swap based on the situation of fights, allowing intriguing strategies to be played. Some examples:

*NOTE: ONLY 1 AURA CAN BE ACTIVE, AURA DANCING/SWAPPING WILL BE NECESSARY BASED ON THE SITUATION/DEMANDS OF THE FIGHT*

InstabilityAura: Reduces the magical resistance and armor of your enemies by 2% per pulse for 5seconds (Max Stacks 2/or4%) . Each pulse ticks every 3 seconds, 4 block radius range. 55/tick, 5 sec cd.

or

InstabilityAura: Reduces the magical resistance and armor of your enemies by 2% per pulse for 5seconds (Max Stacks 2/or4%) . Each pulse ticks every 3 seconds, 4 block radius range.100 Mana 5 sec cd.
FluctuationAura: Reflects 1% of the damage taken back at the enemy and heals nearby party members (12 block radius) for the amount of damage reflected back. 55/tick, 5sec cd.

Or

FluctuationAura: Reflects 1% of the damage taken back at the enemy and heals nearby party members (12 block radius) for the amount of damage reflected back. 100 Mana, 5sec cd.

Remove Curse and add in:

WitheringAura: Reduces nearby enemies chance to hit by 5% for 5seconds every 3 seconds, 3 block radius. Party members within a 12 block radius also restores 12hp over 8 seconds. 100 mana cost, 5sec cd.

or remove ManaFreeze and add in:

DiscordantAura: Drains 1% of all nearby mana pool (Max 30 mana) every 3 seconds and returns it to the caster, 4 block radius tick. 55/tick 5sec cd.

or

DiscordantAura: Drains 1% of all nearby mana pool (Max 30 mana) every 3 seconds and returns it to the caster, 4 block radius tick. 150 Mana 5sec cd.

I guess the main concept I'm trying to get at, and yes it was inspired by the best pvp game ever. Warhammer Online (RIP). There was a class called the Chosen, it resembles our dreadknight....but they were a force to be wreckened with. The damage was alright, but what made the class "terrifying" to the enemy was the 3 auras they could keep up during fights. Each step they took shook the foundation of fights, they were the fearless frontliners. To bring this concept to herocraft would be an overwhelmingly great change to this selfish class. I don't play it but paladins have too much of the spotlight atm. To compensate, the damage on some spells could be lowered, but this would ultimately be the best route.

Long live the Terror.

Chosen_zps5e4291db.jpg

I like the idea of adding different auras, but I wouldn't remove curse, if you remove curse then you will pretty much die against any strong melee class. Your Withering Aura idea is cool but removing curse which is 50% chance of a miss and replacing with a 5% chance to miss is a big drop. Dragons, Paladins, and Berserkers all have a disarm skill that makes it 100% chance to miss cause you don't have a weapon. 100% compared to 5% is a huge difference. At the moment dread aura is useless due to a high consumption of mana. If dread aura cost a static amount each time such as like melodic bindings, then I think that skill would receive a lot more use. I see no reason to use a skill that just drains your mana and does little damage, and even worse is if you forget to turn it off all you mana reserve is drained. Some of those auras that you suggested sound cool, I personally would like to see an aura that reduces magic damage towards you, that would definately help against casters. Another aura I think would be cool is a drain mana or stamina aura that when a player enters within a certain amount of blocks to you their mana or stamina gets drained. This would be especially useful when fighting a paladin or dragoon.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
I like the idea of adding different auras, but I wouldn't remove curse, if you remove curse then you will pretty much die against any strong melee class. Your Withering Aura idea is cool but removing curse which is 50% chance of a miss and replacing with a 5% chance to miss is a big drop. Dragons, Paladins, and Berserkers all have a disarm skill that makes it 100% chance to miss cause you don't have a weapon. 100% compared to 5% is a huge difference. At the moment dread aura is useless due to a high consumption of mana. If dread aura cost a static amount each time such as like melodic bindings, then I think that skill would receive a lot more use. I see no reason to use a skill that just drains your mana and does little damage, and even worse is if you forget to turn it off all you mana reserve is drained. Some of those auras that you suggested sound cool, I personally would like to see an aura that reduces magic damage towards you, that would definately help against casters. Another aura I think would be cool is a drain mana or stamina aura that when a player enters within a certain amount of blocks to you their mana or stamina gets drained. This would be especially useful when fighting a paladin or dragoon.
You must of Ignored my post entirely, because I already said most of this :/

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
when I look at dreadaura currently, I think "useless". the damage is minimal, and the mana cost is 55 per tick. the only time it could be useful is in large (5v5+) fights if everyone is close quarters. I would like a bit of an increase...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
when I look at dreadaura currently, I think "useless". the damage is minimal, and the mana cost is 55 per tick. the only time it could be useful is in large (5v5+) fights if everyone is close quarters. I would like a bit of an increase...
Yeah what I've considered:
  • Tick Rate: 3->1
  • Damage: 10->5
  • Scaling: 0.375-> 0.225
  • Mana: 55-> 25
  • Heal Per Instance: 10
This would change the DPS (at 30 for example):
  • Before: 7 DPS
  • After: 11.75 DPS
This would be a 60% increase in damage and heals and at a more consistent rate.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Yeah what I've considered:
  • Tick Rate: 3->1
  • Damage: 10->5
  • Scaling: 0.375-> 0.225
  • Mana: 55-> 25
  • Heal Per Instance: 10
This would change the DPS (at 30 for example):
  • Before: 7 DPS
  • After: 11.75 DPS
This would be a 60% increase in damage and heals and at a more consistent rate.
also a 73% increase in mana cost. one problem with DK's is that they're like beguilers, they run out of mana quickly if they want to do damage.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
also a 73% increase in mana cost. one problem with DK's is that they're like beguilers, they run out of mana quickly if they want to do damage.

what...

What I would like to see is just a rework of some spells into auras and a fix to the only aura DK's currently have. 3-4 auras in total, 1 up at a time with 5 second cooldowns. Aura dancing will be a new thing, swapping depending on the situation at hand. I would love to see the DK's be a "debuffing" machine, and why? The DK is suppose to make enemies tremble, so the enemies will be demoralized in a sense when a DK is present. So debuffing would make sense.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Actually...it would only be a 38% increase in mana cost. So you would be paying an extra 40% more mana for an extra 60% damage and heals. That said, if you where to use no other skills and had 30 wisdom, 30 INT and say 900 mana:
You could keep Dread Aura up for 1 minute dealing 705 damage and healing a maximum of 600 HP.

If we where to put this in a more normal time frame of say a 15 CD skill, it would still be 175 damage (AOE) and 150 heal (Pretty strong for a Warrior class).

That said, I could probably change the numbers from a 60/40 damage to mana increase ratio to a 40/25 ratio.

Either way, the concept is that you would have A Health, Mana, Stamina/Slow aura. So once you have used much of your mana, you would use the mana drain to bring it up.

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
@jake332211 if you've played a dreadknight, you'll find that their mana goes down reeeaall quick, takes forever to regen too, so you have to put points into wisdom. dont really understand why atm, dks dont have any mana gaining skills like other mana heavy classes, and also have low as shit mana regen. seriously, 20 mana regen per 5 seconds? that's the lowest out of all the classes. you have to wait 30 seconds after using soulleach to get your mana back from using it. not to mention you start off with -4 wisdom...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
@jake332211 if you've played a dreadknight, you'll find that their mana goes down reeeaall quick, takes forever to regen too, so you have to put points into wisdom. dont really understand why atm, dks dont have any mana gaining skills like other mana heavy classes, and also have low as shit mana regen. seriously, 20 mana regen per 5 seconds? that's the lowest out of all the classes. you have to wait 30 seconds after using soulleach to get your mana back from using it. not to mention you start off with -4 wisdom...
To be fair, almost every class starts with 20 MP5. The -Wisdom is a downside, but it is to be expected. Keep in mind that it's a warrior class and it won't have the best of mana regens. That said, one of the suggested auras is one that drains mana. So yes, DK has mana problems, but we have suggested ways to fix it :)

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
I saw, was just pointing it out. I like the "negative bard" thing, seems nice.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Re-opening this thread. My goal is to get us from this:

to this:

What we lack:

Compared to a paladin...we have to invest way more points into too many areas. We have lower armor rating (unless we sacrifice some dmg to get it), lower hp (one again sacrifice), and we are just selfish, like this cookie monster guy. More than anything I just want to see better cc and group utility so they can properly be classified as tanks.

Reliable source of damage. One thing is....to be able to do "good damage" we rely on a 15min cd, bump harmtouch down to 2min or lower and reduce the dmg by 30-70. 15min class..... (layhands is 15min but its like an extra life, different than a dps spell).

Group benefits

Remove Curse, add in "Discordant Phase" or some other name. Passive aura, 5%-8% hit miss debuff on enemies within 2-3 block radius of you. You're presence instills "fear" in you're enemies, causing them to shake during combat....making some hits miss.

GOOD source of CC: Solution, Terror...make AOE with just the distortion of vision and Beguile effect lasting 1.5sec. Shouldn't someone "flee" In terror? Makes sense.

Thanks, tired, have a nice day.

Last edited:

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Change Dreadknight from a Warrior Mage to A Warrior TANK that specializes in debuffing the enemy.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Dk gets rekt by casters maybe change mana freeze to making it so all mana regenerated by the target is given to dk and name it Mana Steal slso keep curse I think maybe increase empathys max damage I'm heavily considering dk this map cuz it's really fun, I think they have a pretty ok set of skills and mainly just would like more life steal mabye some more tankyness and less mana problems

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
The issue with Dreadknight vs casters/kiters is that they have no mobility to keep up with them (as it should be) no ranged skills to damage them with (acceptable) and no cc to keep them close (the real issue)
Slap some ranged slows on Dreadknight and it will help the class a ton

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
The issue with Dreadknight vs casters/kiters is that they have no mobility to keep up with them (as it should be) no ranged skills to damage them with (acceptable) and no cc to keep them close (the real issue)
Slap some ranged slows on Dreadknight and it will help the class a ton

Terror 9 block ranged slow and blind.