• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Create a Grief Control team

spiralz

Obsidian
In this post, grief = garbage blocks.

So I've seen a lot of complaints about grief on the server and think this idea could help make the map pretty again. Create a staff team that are given special perms to effectively and efficiently remove ugly grief from the map. This team would be able to use tools granted by admins to clean up obvious grief around the map including cobble/dirt pillars, unused and ugly 'homes', cobble bridges, etc.

Guidelines would be put into place to help members of the team determine whether or not something is grief and to take or not to take action to remove it. I realize that there would be some concern and fear of someone using their grief control powers maliciously and someone probably could, so granting a player a Grief Control position would be nearly on par with granting a Moderator position as far as trust goes. Regioned lands/structures would have the same 'off-limits' perms to this team as any normal player (considering these regioned areas are mostly grief-proof anyway).

I believe creating this Grief Control team would greatly improve the landscape of Valorium and make players that appreciate the map's environment happy.

(When I refer to 'grief' in this post, I am talking about non-malicious grief. Malicious grief: someone not replanting farms, breaking a players walls, plopping down cobble on someone's base, etc. That is for Mods to take care of. Non-Malicious grief: cobble pillars used to scale mountains, cobble bridges used to cross ravines, crude cube houses no longer in use, etc. would be handled by the Grief Control team)

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

So I've seen a lot of complaints about grief on the server and think this idea could help make the map pretty again. Create a staff team that are given special perms to effectively and efficiently remove ugly grief from the map. This team would be able to use tools granted by admins to clean up obvious grief around the map including cobble/dirt pillars, unused and ugly 'homes', cobble bridges, etc.

Guidelines would be put into place to help members of the team determine whether or not something is grief and to take or not to take action to remove it. I realize that there would be some concern and fear of someone using their grief control powers maliciously and someone probably could, so granting a player a Grief Control position would be nearly on par with granting a Moderator position as far as trust goes. Regioned lands/structures would have the same 'off-limits' perms to this team as any normal player (considering these regioned areas are mostly grief-proof anyway).

I believe creating this Grief Control team would greatly improve the landscape of Valorium and make players that appreciate the map's environment happy.

(When I refer to 'grief' in this post, I am talking about non-malicious grief. Malicious grief: someone not replanting farms, breaking a players walls, plopping down cobble on someone's base, etc. That is for Mods to take care of. Non-Malicious grief: cobble pillars used to scale mountains, cobble bridges used to cross ravines, crude cube houses no longer in use, etc. would be handled by the Grief Control team)
This doesn't seem so bad, almost like a landscape team :p
They keep the land look perty.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6

I agree with this, but they shouldn't really get perms. Maybe super pick at the most.

spiralz

Obsidian
I agree with this, but they shouldn't really get perms. Maybe super pick at the most.

I disagree. To have to manually climb up pillars (probably by creating a second pillar), for example, just to break them down again would be incredibly time consuming, even for just one pillar. For this team to really be effective, they'd need the ability to get to the garbage-grief quickly and destroy it quickly in order to make noticeable progress around the whole map, or else the garbage-grief will just be recreated as often as it is destroyed. I myself would like to rid of this garbage-grief personally, but just thinking about it, I would have to spend all my time going around the map ridding of garbage-grief to make progress and no time actually playing the game.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
I disagree. To have to manually climb up pillars (probably by creating a second pillar), for example, just to break them down again would be incredibly time consuming, even for just one pillar. For this team to really be effective, they'd need the ability to get to the garbage-grief quickly and destroy it quickly in order to make noticeable progress around the whole map, or else the garbage-grief will just be recreated as often as it is destroyed. I myself would like to rid of this garbage-grief personally, but just thinking about it, I would have to spend all my time going around the map ridding of garbage-grief to make progress and no time actually playing the game.
They would be having powers mods don't even have. The players would have to be REALLY trusted to get the position then.

spiralz

Obsidian
They would be having powers mods don't even have. The players would have to be REALLY trusted to get the position then.

Yes, this is true. But this team would not be able to access regions (townships, PRs, etc.) just like any normal player, so there is that. Also, I've heard of an anti-grief plugin that might be installed that has a really neat tool to easily rid of environment grief. With this tool, I'm unsure if this team would even be needed, but with the amount of environment grief this map has, it could help. This is all just an idea I had to make the map look prettier again which is something everyone would enjoy.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Yes, this is true. But this team would not be able to access regions (townships, PRs, etc.) just like any normal player, so there is that. Also, I've heard of an anti-grief plugin that might be installed that has a really neat tool to easily rid of environment grief. With this tool, I'm unsure if this team would even be needed, but with the amount of environment grief this map has, it could help. This is all just an idea I had to make the map look prettier again which is something everyone would enjoy.
It's not a bad idea. But I just don't agree with the perms you want them to have. The position would be pretty easy to have, they would have to work a little bit to take down a pillar. we could give them vanish and god maybe.

barbas0l

Legacy Supporter 7
Retired Staff
We've got a system incoming that will handle random world garbage quickly and effectively. Better than anything I've seen thus far ;)

kperkins1982

Max Legacy Supporter
My number one pet peeve is seeing trees with the trunk gone just floating in space

It is EVERYWHERE